Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

someone record the show off sirius xm like was done for the axl rose band in las vegas 2012

Album is out today!
Don't forget Slash concert stream tonight on Sirius XM!

link

you have to be a SXM subscriber.

no shit, what's the link to the show? What station is it on?

After the last turd and the completely wretched single I'm not even going to bother listening to the whole shitpile. Can't wait to see if another half of his fanbase abandons the sinking ship though.

thanks for that psa
You're very welcome. Say, if you were a betting man, what odds would you give on Slash losing another full half of his audience? I would say slim myself since that audience is already so tiny. 25% is what I'm realistically expecting.

The single is wretched I agree, surprisingly some of the other tunes not so.

Mr. Layne Staley’s ghost is in some of these tunes..

The Unholy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufpmYcOw_-E

Beneath the Savage Sun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM1GlPOvQ6U

(old school GNR) Wicked Stone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRaDQBMMbrM

But hey, don't listen. That's cool too.

As regards audience size, Slash's tour stop venues seem (on the whole) to be getting bigger not smaller.

For those wondering about that private concert being a stream. It's not a video stream.

Then later that evening at 8pm ET/ 5pm PT hear an intimate and private concert from Slash featuring Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators LIVE from Santos Party House in NYC for Sirius XM subscribers only!

http://slashonline.com/2014/09/12/slash-and-myles-kennedy-live-on-sirius-octane/

Which station do we head to listen to that? Octane?

Well starting out in Dublin where I live, he's charging €43 ($55) for a ticket to the Three Arena 14,500 capacity.

Last tour he played two nights in a 1,600 venue called the Olympia.

The rest of the gigs in the UK & Ireland are that size too and are up on the last trip round Europe. If I'm goofing off work tomorrow I'll look into this as I have fuck all else to do except indulge you.

10/11 - Dublin O2 Arena
28/11 - Manchester Arena
29/11 - Leeds First Direct Arena
01/12 - Birmingham LG Arena
02/12 - London Wembley Arena
04/12 - Glasgow Hydro Arena

Edited by Intercourse

Gotta give props to Slash for touring and releasing music as an independent artist. Dude is a real professional and loves rock n' roll more than any human being in the planet. Opening for Aerosmith, releasing a new album and PROMOTING it will increase the size of his fanbase, I'm sure.

• Like 1

Well starting out in Dublin where I live, he's charging €43 ($55) for a ticket to the Three Arena 14,500 capacity.

Last tour he played two nights in a 1,600 venue called the Olympia.

The rest of the gigs in the UK & Ireland are that size too and are up on the last trip round Europe. If I'm goofing off work tomorrow I'll look into this as I have fuck all else to do except indulge you.

10/11 - Dublin O2 Arena 28/11 - Manchester Arena 29/11 - Leeds First Direct Arena 01/12 - Birmingham LG Arena 02/12 - London Wembley Arena 04/12 - Glasgow Hydro Arena

Sorry, didn't realise you were in Europe. That makes sense then.

After the last turd and the completely wretched single I'm not even going to bother listening to the whole shitpile. Can't wait to see if another half of his fanbase abandons the sinking ship though.

At least listen to Wicked Stone. Strongest track on the album imo. Curious to know what you'll think about it. (yeah you don't care about what I'm curious about I know) :D

Too Far Gone has a cool riff and a really good solo, so you can just listen to the riff, and skip to the solo. Ignore Myles on this one as well if you do decide to risk wasting your time lol.

For those wondering about that private concert being a stream. It's not a video stream.

Then later that evening at 8pm ET/ 5pm PT hear an intimate and private concert from Slash featuring Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators LIVE from Santos Party House in NYC for Sirius XM subscribers only!

http://slashonline.com/2014/09/12/slash-and-myles-kennedy-live-on-sirius-octane/

Which station do we head to listen to that? Octane?

yep octane sir!

Slash & Myles will be on Air for Q&A in half an hour ! :headbang:

What a bunch of horseshit, Smooth. Slash is actually playing to much bigger crowds then he ever has as a solo performer. During the Snakepit era he was playing little clubs whereas, now he is selling out theaters. I know this because I failed to get tickets when he was in the UK last. Slash is doing alright.

• Like 1

Yeah his Vancouver show sold out months in advance -- I missed out. On Eddie Trunk he said this tour isn't actually the main tour, though... he said it's a mini bonus tour because management sprung Aerosmith on him prior to touring in the fall and new year.

I wonder if that means he'll come back around.

Edited by Ant

Can the mods stop this thread from becoming an Axl vs. Slash stupidity fest? Thanks.

On topic: I hope this album gets streamed on stupid Brazilian Spotify. All I can find is Live in Stoke, which I'm not a big fan of.

Only if the mods you're crying to can find somebody trying to turn this into an Axl vs. Slash stupidity fest. That would be my bet.

On topic: How well do you feel World on Fire will do in the US?

• Like 1