Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

What an album this is. Definitely a grower - I started off really liking it but now I'm finding it an incredible effort. Just don't get whats not to love about Myles Kennedy, songs like Battleground and The Unholy he fucking brings it hard! How intense does the later song get both through Kennedy's vocals and Slash's solo. Slash is, as well, at the peak of his playing at the moment. 5 star album for me and it keeps getting better. I would love to see Axl's reaction to the musicianship on this record.

• Like 2

Battlegrounds makes me depressed because it reminds me of how Slash would have contributed to Catcher....

At least you have the Demo version with May on it. I think he sounds great.

It just seems like they'd both me on the same level of how to handle that song. Someone should do a mashup

EVADER !
  • Like 1

Battlegrounds makes me depressed because it reminds me of how Slash would have contributed to Catcher....

At least you have the Demo version with May on it. I think he sounds great.

It just seems like they'd both me on the same level of how to handle that song. Someone should do a mashup

I hate mashshups. They never sound good to me. You lose the intent of both artists, and it becomes shit imo.

Myles has his ups and downs on this record.

On some songs he is amazing like on Wicked Stone, Too Far Gone, Bent To Fly and The Unholy. On other songs he ruins it for me like this lalala part of Battleground or The Dissident and the verses of Avalon. But on most songs he did a really good job. I literally like or love the first 9 tunes without exception. Withered Delilah has a phenomenal riff but don't like Myles that much on this. Battlegrounds first half is awesome, the second part is kind of 'meh'. Dirty Girl is a good one. Then there are these three weakest tunes of the album, Avalon, IOTS and The Dissident mostly because of Myles IMO. Music is good though. Album ends amazing with Safari Inn and The Unholy

To those that don't rate Slash and think he's a bar band flop, give this album a good run.

I am fucking soooo pleased with this so far.

Much better then AL imo. I hope the next Slash album will contain at least 5 songs on the caliber of Wicked Stone. You know, I have a feeling this band will only improve in the studio. And why not let Todd sing one song? or let Myles do one solo?

Also: just a suggestion, but Slash can give the guys a chance to bring their own ideas and see if it fits the Slash sound. Like Todd wrote a part for Shadow Life was it? they have talent. I saw Brent fuckin' playing a piano. Why the fuck not? use those fuckers.

I think Myles will feel even more comfortable and confident with his ideas for the next album. I assume Myles will be the singer for the next one as well.

This is way too early, but I can't help but think of what they can do next time.

• Like 1