Slash's Third Album - "World On Fire"

ZoSoRose

This album just keeps getting better and better! It does take so much time though. I have came to the conclusion that if they had not included 'The Dissident', 'Iris of the Storm', 'Shadow Life' and 'Automatic Overdrive' then the album would be a complete masterpiece all the way through. 13 songs would have been perfect. Those other songs make me cringe >.< Especially the choruses. I am trying to find a negative review for this album, but I simply can't. Great news! Now, what the heck is going to be the next single? =/

After the last turd and the completely wretched single I'm not even going to bother listening to the whole shitpile. Can't wait to see if another half of his fanbase abandons the sinking ship though.

At least listen to Wicked Stone. Strongest track on the album imo. Curious to know what you'll think about it. (yeah you don't care about what I'm curious about I know) :D

Too Far Gone has a cool riff and a really good solo, so you can just listen to the riff, and skip to the solo. Ignore Myles on this one as well if you do decide to risk wasting your time lol.

Sorry man, just tried Wicked Stone and only made it to Myles. The intro sounded all right but the thing is even if Slash were to be playing the best of his career, which he isn't, Myles just sucks out every last bit of enjoyment I could get from it. I would be a much bigger Slash fan if he would release his albums as instrumentals. Not expecting him to find another Axl or anything but there has to be someone out there that can at least complement his guitar.

Fair enough.

downloaded from google play this morning. going to best buy later to get some CDs. my 3 favorites: 30 Years to Life, The Dissident, Automatic Overdrive . I'm so glad I held off listening to this, it was totally worth it :headbang:

here's what I said about it:

World On Fire: 9/10, great opening song. This will be fun to sing along with

Shadow Life: 10/10 Great song and solo

Automatic Overdrive: 10/10 one of my favorites rock3

Wicked Stone: 10/10 fucking amazing p_hlNhjycpPWVj2dQTKL.png

30 Years to Life: 10/10 I love it, its fun and catchy, Slash rocks

Bent To Fly: 8/10 Not too bad, great guitar work and I like Myles voice.

Stone Blind: 10/10 amazing solo, amazing riffs.

Too Far Gone: 8/10 i like the guitar work in this one

Beneath The Savage Sun: 10/10 Slash is amazing

Withered Delilah 10/10 I love it pdL_xuNZjSTYRZHUsNeK.jpg

Battleground: 10/10 I love it. I've listened to it a few times and its grown on me, even the lalala parts

Dirty Girl: 9/10 not bad

Iris Of The Storm: 7/10 not my favorite but it doesn't suck

The Dissident: 10/10 I think this is my favorite on the album Slash.gif the intro reminds me a little bit of Up Jumped The Devil from Izzy Stradlin's 117°

Safari Inn: 8/10 I like it more than Watch This but not as much as Jizz Da Pit :ph34r:

The Unholy: 9/10 solid way to end the album but it leaves you wanting more

Overall 9.8/10 Slash.gif

Can the mods stop this thread from becoming an Axl vs. Slash stupidity fest? Thanks.

On topic: I hope this album gets streamed on stupid Brazilian Spotify. All I can find is Live in Stoke, which I'm not a big fan of.

Only if the mods you're crying to can find somebody trying to turn this into an Axl vs. Slash stupidity fest. That would be my bet.

On topic: How well do you feel World on Fire will do in the US?

Both slash and Al came in at 2 or 3 overall
Remind me, how many albums were sold again?

Not enough to be #1 for the week.

It was #1 in New Zealand. Too bad they don't count.

They count just as much. Rock hasn't done well in the states since the 90s

Can the mods stop this thread from becoming an Axl vs. Slash stupidity fest? Thanks.

On topic: I hope this album gets streamed on stupid Brazilian Spotify. All I can find is Live in Stoke, which I'm not a big fan of.

Only if the mods you're crying to can find somebody trying to turn this into an Axl vs. Slash stupidity fest. That would be my bet.

On topic: How well do you feel World on Fire will do in the US?

Both slash and Al came in at 2 or 3 overall
Remind me, how many albums were sold again?

Not enough to be #1 for the week.

It was #1 in New Zealand. Too bad they don't count.

They count just as much. Rock hasn't done well in the states since the 90s
We've been over this 10,000,000,000 times in the history of this forum and at least 10 in this thread alone. Nothing counts but the US. I don't like it any more than you do, it's just the way it is. Sorry.
  • Like 2

Nah dude. I don't think there's many out there that can match myles, night in, night out live - or his work ethic

slash writes the music then sends it to myles - myles has nothing to do with slash's inspiration - and having just been to the show last night, the new stuff sounds and plays great live

To me it seems like for me there is a problem when I don't like the vocalist. I can't tell if there are no songs or I just don't connect to Myles.

My guess is that this is Slash but even more so. So it is rock n roll but it has metal quality to it. It's more about the music than the tunes. AL seems less ambitious than this.

There's a lot of great guitar work but Myles seems slightly disconnected or not really as rock n roll as Slash.

Not sure what to make of it really.

Well, I'm going to say it- It's a great time to be a Slash fan! :slash:

I disagree. Being a huge fan of Slash myself, it won't be a great time to be a fan of his until he ditches Myles and finds someone that can actually inspire him to make decent music again.
It's decent it's just not very good. I think the fact just sends the music to Myles is part of it. There's no spirit and with no great vocal melodies to lead the song it just sounds like various guitar parts.

But when Slash works with Lemmy or Iggy he nails it. Ghost is tight, it's clear about what song is with good tune and vocals.

I don't want to get into a Songs for Deletion type thing so I like it, great Slash guitar work in my opinion.

"Nothing counts but the US" can someone explain what this means? Rock and especially Metal are much more popular here in Europe so why does only the US count?

Only climbed up here to say hi to Slash. Don't let your jealousy eat you alive.

I used to be naive like you and said "what about the rest of the world?" when discussing the popularity of Guns N' Roses. The Slash fans of the forum used their collective brain cell to assure me that the rest of the world doesn't count. If 5 drooling idiots can combine their thought process and come to the conclusion that the rest of the world doesn't count, it truly doesn't count.

People talk about Wicked Stone like it's Nightrain or something. It's pretty good. That's about it.

Didn't read or hear something like this.

Only comparison of Wicked Stone I've read here is the comparison to Anastasia. And not many people claim that.

I think if they play it live and extend the outro, then a comparison is fair