BUMBLEFOOT: If I Have To Choose Between GUNS N' ROSES And The Rest Of My Life, I'm Out

gunsguy

This thread represents most of the online GnR community - mostly MyGnR - pretty well.

Some non factor goes out there claiming that he knows people familiar with a band member, and that those people say bad things about him. The average MyGnR fan usually will believe that and some of them even say "I knew that, heard the same" or some similar stuff. You know, the guy never gave anything concrete yet he's totally believeable. However, if there's a person that actually knows people familiar with a band member and claims that those guys only had nice words to describe said band member, and even as a proof says to anyone to ask said band member if he's actually saying the truth, people totally ignore and keep believing the insane stuff. The lies. That fits their little world perfectly, so why not spread false stories as if they were true?

No matter what the mods/admins try, this place is really hopeless and totally taken by the cupcakes. It has always been, always will.

• Like 1

This thread represents most of the online GnR community - mostly MyGnR - pretty well.

Some non factor goes out there claiming that he knows people familiar with a band member, and that those people say bad things about him. The average MyGnR fan usually will believe that and some of them even say "I knew that, heard the same" or some similar stuff. You know, the guy never gave anything concrete yet he's totally believeable. However, if there's a person that actually knows people familiar with a band member and claims that those guys only had nice words to describe said band member, and even as a proof says to anyone to ask said band member if he's actually saying the truth, people totally ignore and keep believing the insane stuff. The lies. That fits their little world perfectly, so why not spread false stories as if they were true?

No matter what the mods/admins try, this place is really hopeless and totally taken by the trolls. It has always been, always will.

Um, what are you talking about?

I usually don't post in these kind of topics because so many "seem" to get so defensive sometimes...but something about this particular BBF topic has a sour taste about it...however he did say it would get worked out...what that means still remains up in the air though?

The band really should release a new song on iTunes, like a new cover or something just to test the current market, Like the neil young cover or the acdc cover

You hear so many people say they don't buy music anymore, we'll that is pure bullshit.

Not everyone is wearing a black patch over one eye.

Many still buy music (on iTunes) for the quality and the accessibility.

Alright, go ahead and lambast me......now, go.

Totally agree with the point of releasing a single song via Itunes or something.

Can't hurt, it will appease the almost deteriorating fan base, gives a bunch of music sites, magazines, blogs, etc to write something about them.

Seeing as all we have heard is they have a bucket load of songs, albums worth, I don't see why this would be a bad idea???

Shit, even doing a fun studio cover. All such simple things, and that involve minimal effort.

I just tweeted Bumblefoot asking if he's heard back from Team Brazil yet in regard to his ultimatum.

whats your twitter name? Can't find it

Don't worry. If he responds, I'll let everyone know.

What u say?

I just sent him well wishes on behalf of the fanbase. Nothing that you should feel compelled to protect him from.

No need to protect him but you don't speak for the fan base,

BBA's well wishes:

@BBA_GNR: @bumblefoot Any luck on hearing back from TB yet in regard to your ultimatum? "If it's GNR or my life, I'm leaving". The fans vote leave!

Just wanted to quote this.

BBA getting his ass handed by GG :lol:

I wouldn't dispute that bumble seems like a good guy, and most appreciate how outspoken he is - it's a breath of fresh air.

It's just that some of the hearsay is quite plausible. That doesn't make it true but if, for example, some 'insider' says "bumble thinks guns music is garbage" and you look at the canon of his previous work and collaborators, it's quite a believable claim.

And there's nothing wrong with not liking guns music. But you can't get offended when ppl say he only plays the hits for cash & exposure. After all, he still wants to write with Axl (tho he's clearly being denied).

He doesn't have to be 100% artist all of the time. Anyway how can he be, as an employee? He does what the boss says - and sometimes complains publicly about it.

No matter what the mods/admins try, this place is really hopeless and totally taken by the cupcakes. It has always been, always will.

I believe he's referring to Kush's post (#250 ) earlier in the thread. Also, see post #275.

Bruno wants to be the only faux BBF insider on the forum, so he gets mad and blows shit way out of proportion when other people attempt to steal his faux BBF insider thunder. :lol:

• Like 1

To wait for any news about this band that we all obviously love, past or present versions would be ridiculous now.. rons problem highlights that.. he's in the band and he doesn't even know whatsup.. He doesn't know when they are touring, and he doesn't even know when they are, or ever will record stuff for another album.

All the other guys in the band are highly skilled, trained session musicians, and they know how easy it is to put instrumentals together.. HOWEVER presumably in axls mind it's alot more complex than that.. it shouldn't have to be but it is. Wether he's over thinking ideas, not having any direction, inspiration, Or just being plain lazy and deciding to run with what gnr accomplished rather than what they could accomplish are many factors into why this is a frustrating band to be in, Or even to be a fan.. Money is a HUGE sweetener for these guys in the band, something that differentiates the current incarnation of gnr as opposed to the old lineup, the old lineup was hungry... and i think that's why the new lineup are not so caught up in making a new album, its easier to just cover the older songs and make money per show than it is to make a new album.. and thats another thing that probaly stops them from making a new album, theres no need, no hunger in them to do it.. Im convinced anyways.

To be honest I've never heard of Ron before GnR.

I guess with a band like GnR you can only go 100% or not do it at all. Which also means you have to be more than an employee.

Anyways.. if Ron decides to leave GnR I wish him all the best. He went through a lot after the accident and stuff.

Althrough I miss Bucket a lot, I really like Ron. But I don't think he's right about going public with all this stuff. If he's got issues with the management and or with the band, deal with it in a private way. It's not cool to all the people inside the GN'R camp and it's not cool to the fans. Many here say it's cool what's he's doing and that he's the real deal. I'm not saying he is or he's not. What I'm saying is that he's provoking fans against the band - and some fans against him. I remember one conversation I had with Ron and DJ at a hotel in Rio, back in 2010. There was this stupid fan saying all good things about Slash in front of them and me and another guy started defending them and Bucket and Robin. Then Ron said that there was enough room for everyone and each one of them had its time, etc and there was no reason for hate and others. I just wonder why can't he see that his attitude towards these subjects he's bringing to the table are also bringing hate and confusion. If he ends up quitting someday, then he does whatever he wants. But while he's inside...

As a band member myself, I wouldn't complain about the rest of my band to others than my own band (even though I'm talking about a shitty garage band and not one of the biggest bands in the world). And if I take this thing to my work... I don't complain about my work with others. If I'm not happy I'll talk to my boss and if I'm not successful, I'll leave. There's no point to go public or to reach a third part that isn't part of my band or my work. If I have an issue in my band, I'll talk to them. If I have an issue at my work, I'll talk to my boss. I won't complain to others. It's pointless. I just don't get it. I hope things end up ok for everyone.

^ People, band members and such, many would like to talk to Axl but he likes to be unreachable and silent. It's hard on everyone and everything. Reminds me a little bit of Chairman Mao actually, from what I've read of him from two biographies.

• Like 1

^ People, band members and such, many would like to talk to Axl but he likes to be unreachable and silent. It's hard on everyone and everything. Reminds me a little bit of Chairman Mao actually, from what I've read of him from two biographies.

It's SO easy to judge and point fingers when you're not inside. Well, almost everyone does it, why not you?

It's great that we get to hear something, Robin & Buckethead remained silent on the whole thing. At least now we're getting a little insight.

But I really couldn't care less if he did leave, it's just a touring band and there are plenty of guitarists that can fill his shoes.

Time for everyone in the band to quit and find a new singer. It'd be a win win for everyone. the guys in the band could use the publicity of walking out on Axl to promote their album and Axl could take solace in the fact he could blame everyone else for quitting and leaving him no choice but to start over, thus giving him another 20 year grace period with delusional fans who would no doubt blame the members who quit rather than the singer who wouldn't do anything.

• Like 3

It's great that we get to hear something, Robin & Buckethead remained silent on the whole thing. At least now we're getting a little insight.

But I really couldn't care less if he did leave, it's just a touring band and there are plenty of guitarists that can fill his shoes.

How can you be so sure you're hearing the truth? And how come do you blame other people's silence when there's nothing to say?

The "little insight" you wanna hear just gives people and the bad press more reasons to bother Axl, to blame Axl. It's ridiculous to say the least.

If you're not happy, deal with it - complain, go for your rights, etc. But do it to the ones who aren't making you happy. Fans don't have anything to do with it. I don't think it's a professional thing to go out there and speak to the press about it.

Ron probably knows how unfair the press is with Guns and with Axl. But maybe he haven't realized yet that such comments can hurt both the band and Axl.

Time for everyone in the band to quit and find a new singer. It'd be a win win for everyone. the guys in the band could use the publicity of walking out on Axl to promote their album and Axl could take solace in the fact he could blame everyone else for quitting and leaving him no choice but to start over, thus giving him another 20 year grace period with delusional fans who would no doubt blame the members who quit rather than the singer who wouldn't do anything.

Paychecks man, paychecks. Money for nothing.

• Like 2

How can you be so sure you're hearing the truth? And how come do you blame other people's silence when there's nothing to say?

The "little insight" you wanna hear just gives people and the bad press more reasons to bother Axl, to blame Axl. It's ridiculous to say the least.

If you're not happy, deal with it - complain, go for your rights, etc. But do it to the ones who aren't making you happy. Fans don't have anything to do with it. I don't think it's a professional thing to go out there and speak to the press about it.

Ron probably knows how unfair the press is with Guns and with Axl. But maybe he haven't realized yet that such comments can hurt both the band and Axl.

Because anything Axl or his handlers tell you is the truth too right? Strepthroat, hacked twitter account, the list really does go on.

You have at least two bands worth of musicians leaving Axl because of him being disfunctional, some people chose to remain silent and others like Bumble gladly speak up about their frustrations. They create a product, whether it's music or a show, to bring to people who pay for it, we are curious to know what's going on. This is not like a job, because these musicians are public figures. The same could be said about your favorite sports team, if somebody from the team suddenly disappears without telling you why, aren't you going to wonder what the hell went on? It's pretty obvious it's due to the disfunctional boss.

But still this is not a band in the traditional sense, it's a bunch of handpicked musicians that get a paycheck to work. They have no creative input, and even if they were to have any it would still all come down to the boss' decision. Axl has done more than enough to hurt his reputation, so I don't really feel sorry for him at the least.

Cool article.

On Ron's comment about people living hand to mouth, not wanting the shows to start 3 hours late...I've got to say, seems like he's saying in a world where people aren't so stressed and stretched, he's ok with a little chaos at a rock show...I would say, why treat people differently because of an unfortunate situation, let people escape to that world where that shit doesn't matter, it's a rock n fn roll show :-) reality is that shit might matter, but how about letting the 'show' just happen like a rock n roll show should.

If people stop going because of it, they stop going....and then rock n roll will truly be dead.

What a load of utter garbage. How 'rock n roll' would it be to miss work the next day and get fired because Axl can't get up on stage on time.

Working in an office isn't very rock n roll. Neither is getting the bus home or paying a babysitter. It's called normal life, and the people who lead it (us) have spent our very un-rock n roll salaries on the albums that put Axl in that big house on the hill.

I don't recall anyone turning down my cash because it wasn't cool enough. Get fucked.

Simple then don't do it, that's my point. You weren't forced, you choose. The second rock n roll starts to bend for a douche like you, it's dead, like you obviously are inside.

It's SO easy to judge and point fingers when you're not inside. Well, almost everyone does it, why not you?

Knock it off.

Members of your own band should not be waiting weeks at a time for an answer about what is going on. That's not normal.

Paychecks man, paychecks. Money for nothing.

Yep, as long as they keep coming I'm pretty sure Axl will have his own twisted version of what used to be Gn'R all ready to go...