BUMBLEFOOT: Didn't Want To 'Betray' AXL ROSE By Jamming With SLASH

TheDemocracyRose

It happened to Michael Anthony with Van Halen. In 2002, Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth did a co-headlining tour in the summer, Sam asked Mike to come along as a special guest. Mike asked Ed and Alex if it was OK, they said yes, as long as he didn't play with Roth.

They still kicked him out a few years later.

Oh jesus - That was one of the most embarrassing interviews ever, particularly the last section regarding Slash. "...and he was like urgh......I was like argh......but what if he went urgh......and I was like OMG....... but in the end he went to Europe and I was like...." JESUS!!! not that i'd give a fuck if they we're releasing kick ass music along the way!

NO

WORDS

:thumbsdown:

• Like 2

This is the difference between Guns N' Roses now and old Guns N' Roses.

The guys respect each other and won't stab each other in the back.

The difference is old Guns was a unite, a band built on friends playing music that they love.

What we have now is a group of musicians led by a madman and his yes-men.

Edited by GNR123GNR456
  • Like 2

The difference is old Guns was a unite, a band built on friends playing music that they love.

Axl was often separate from the old band too. I encourage you to read up on it. No amount of romanticizing the old days will change anything. Axl was a madman in the old days, you're just looking through some bizarre lens of revisionist history. No offense.

Edited by metaforcesaber

I'm pretty sure they're just protecting their paychecks -

And tthe way bbf makes it sound you'd think gnr was curing cancer - writing a song or writing an album is only thiscomplicated when u have axl calling the shots

Even more proof how pathetic this "band" is. Guys in the band now afraid of who they can jam with for fear of pissing off the almighty dictator. And people still question why Slash and Duff left. Gee I fucking wonder......

• Like 1

Or rather the main difference is that back in the old days the lead singer didn't have the juvenille high school-esque attitude regarding someone that makes it so that fellow bandmates feel the need to avoid that person so the singer's feelings wouldn't get hurt

This is such a ridiculous situation

Edited by WhazUp

An "entire album" is too big of bite for the band to take given where they are(his words).

Yeah, man, creating and putting out 10-12 tracks of rock music is pretty much climbing Mt. Everest. Wowe, get tired just thinking about it.

That 3 hour meeting was more than enough, hope they pace themselves and don't overdo it...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

It was a joke.

Notice so many people laughing...oh wait

If Axl considers jamming with Slash betrayal he's even crazier than I thought. This shouldn't even be an issue.

I suppose that means Baz has fallen from grace too.

/thread

Couldn't have said it better myself. For Bumblefoot to be on stage with Slash?!?! I'm not gonna lie, if that could happen I'd go crazy!!!!!!!!!!! How could you not?!

That bein said, thanks again Axl :D

Slash should try and hit on Beta. For the lulz

:rofl-lol: I don't care what anyone thinks, I would hit on Beta for the lulz myself!

Edited by ARBeast
  • Like 1

An "entire album" is too big of bite for the band to take given where they are(his words).

Yeah, man, creating and putting out 10-12 tracks of rock music is pretty much climbing Mt. Everest. Wowe, get tired just thinking about it.

That 3 hour meeting was more than enough, hope they pace themselves and don't overdo it...

I've heard stories about bands that just book a studio for two or three weeks and then record an entire album and release it. But it's probably just an urban myth.

"I've been saying for years that we shouldn't even tackle an entire album because it's too big a bite to take. It's too much — it takes too much time, too much of an investment of life that just doesn't exist"

- Bumblefoot. GNR guitarist, 7.5 years

• Like 3

you know, "A madman and his yes-men" would be a great name for a band. Maybe change it to 'A madman and his henchmen" to make it sound cooler.