May 13th, 2014 - Bethlehem, PA

Broskirose

Band is still a joke, but I'd consider going to see Axl if the price and distance were reasonable for a performance like Bethlehem.

i guess the performance is all in the eye of the beholder -- here's another review from a local paper

http://blogs.mcall.com/lehighvalleymusic/2014/05/guns-n-roses-is-diminished-but-still-pleases-many-at-sands-bethlehem-event-center-.html

• Like 1

Band is still a joke, but I'd consider going to see Axl if the price and distance were reasonable for a performance like Bethlehem.

i guess the performance is all in the eye of the beholder -- here's another review from a local paper

http://blogs.mcall.com/lehighvalleymusic/2014/05/guns-n-roses-is-diminished-but-still-pleases-many-at-sands-bethlehem-event-center-.html

Pitman mistaken for Dizzy Reed <_< I know they're not the most important members, but I hate it when journalistst don't get their facts straight.

Pitman mistaken for Dizzy Reed <_< I know they're not the most important members, but I hate it when journalistst don't get their facts straight.

One of the reviews I read yesterday said BBF's name was Ron "Bumblefoot" Thai :lol:

I think that's a relatively fair take based on what I've seen.

Did that guy say that You Could Be Mine was "hardly classic GNR" and that Axl's vocals during the performance were "clearly electronically enhanced"? :lol:

I fuckin' hate this song, but stage presence = better.

we need "you could be mine" to confirm if he is turning Axl rose again....

Let's see....

Edit: YCBM sucks.

Edit 2: Holy shit. We have near disaster of the You...Me! variety during the breakdown, I think, and then he finishes the part strong. :lol:

Edit 3: Yup, he totally fucks up the lyrics and just mumbles weird shit.

Yes,You could be mine sucks,but lets go step by step,first recover Jungle,parts of roquet queen,a more than decent dont cry and an awesome patience and then lets go for the next 15 songs LOL

So there is hope after all? What a pleasant surprise this gig was

Sounds like it- and it seems like everyone here now knows- and accepts- that they won't hear a new (or 2 to 3) song (other than new-old covers), so there you go.

OK. Let's chill the fuck out. There's hope that Axl can sound decent singing songs that we've all heard him sing hundreds of times before. This is hardly a time to be screaming "Round 2!" :lol:

• Like 2

The big problem is we had a seven year wait between the first tour of CD and the release, we're now in 10+years of the fucking Chinese Democracy tour masquerade which is actually a 80% old material and several covers and solo spots tour, this isn't really congruent to Axl's aim of evolving this band and going thru all that shit. It's basically whoring out the name and getting the benefits of association, which is what he despised Slash for. One great record isn't really viable as progression and now these guys have been together as a very solid and capable unit for years and we have jack fucking shit, the same tour but a lot weaker due to Axl's vocals and the clockwork precision of this same thing.

Even if he gets back to anywhere near 2010 vocals, it'll be awesome and the shows will be great but we've seen the damn thing before in its proper place, back during the post-release world tour and he's wasting time and clearly don't intend to release anything nor perform it for a long time, until the crowds dwindle and he can get a few legit buys, which isn't going to be much since it'll just be the hardcore Axl fans waiting for it still. He had everything to make many records and carry the band further but he's spent aeons doing god knows what instead.

• Like 4

The Seeker sounds great!

Good attitude throughout the whole song,. niiiice.

I hope they notice that there's a lot of "meh-fans" lliking this show and that they work even more on it. Personally I've went from "I will never see this band again" to "Hmm, I just might!"

Sounds like it- and it seems like everyone here now knows- and accepts- that they won't hear a new (or 2 to 3) song (other than new-old covers), so there you go.

OK. Let's chill the fuck out. There's hope that Axl can sound decent singing songs that we've all heard him sing hundreds of times before. This is hardly a time to be screaming "Round 2!" :lol:

How about you chill the fuck out and stop trying to shoot down other people's positivity? :crazy:

• Like 3

I fuckin' hate this song, but stage presence = better.

we need "you could be mine" to confirm if he is turning Axl rose again....

Let's see....

Edit: YCBM sucks.

Edit 2: Holy shit. We have near disaster of the You...Me! variety during the breakdown, I think, and then he finishes the part strong. :lol:

Edit 3: Yup, he totally fucks up the lyrics and just mumbles weird shit.

Yes,You could be mine sucks,but lets go step by step,first recover Jungle,parts of roquet queen,a more than decent dont cry and an awesome patience and then lets go for the next 15 songs LOL

The thing about You Could Be Mine is that I never really liked how the old band played it....I think this lineup completely tears it apart. However, nowadays...Axl's vocals are consistently lackluster on it - for whatever reason (his mid-range tends to wear thin). This was my only disappointment of the night.

Although, Rocket Queen was incredible...Axl's vocals were spot on. I've also never seen so many beautiful women grind to that song. :lol:

Edited by IndiannaRose

there all pretty annonymous to me as well - I see pic's on stage and wonder which hired hand he is -- the only 2 recognizable guys to me are BBF and DJ outside of Axl

there all pretty annonymous to me as well - I see pic's on stage and wonder which hired hand he is -- the only 2 recognizable guys to me are BBF and DJ outside of Axl

Okay, I totally understand that, but you're no journalist writing a review on the band (I hope ;) ). Doesn't matter what it's about: music, movies, a political article, anything, you should always know what you write about and have the decency to look up what you don't know.

• Like 2

Pitman and Dizzy are looking increasingly similar as they are gonna be morphed into Pizzy Ditman and not share out the meager duties, will be more efficient and add some trickery. Maybe keep an extra arm for the tambourine to drone on at the same time as the synths and keys.

Pitman and Dizzy are looking increasingly similar as they are gonna be morphed into Pizzy Ditman and not share out the meager duties, will be more efficient and add some trickery. Maybe keep an extra arm for the tambourine to drone on at the same time as the synths and keys.

ha! Pizzy Ditman, Chrizzy Reedman,

Without a good voice there is no hope and no point, and I'd almost given up that he would regain it. Im not saying he was great here, but in the clips I've seen its a pretty good improvement from what we have heard earlier this year. So yeah, there is hope that he could further improve his voice. With a good voice everything gets more exciting

"On You Could Be Mine, a decent chugging rock number but hardly classic GNR, Roses voice was clearly electronically enhanced."

Please.. Someone explain...

What great journalism.

Ok I will explain.... The guy has no idea what he is talking about? Perhaps he was not at the gig?