May 13th, 2014 - Bethlehem, PA

Broskirose

Managed to go downstairs and grab my headphones.

Horrible. However, it's no different than the 2014 performances so far, at least it's not getting worse.

Don't agree, while it's definitely not my favourite Axl performance I don't actually think it was that bad, If I went to see them and he sang like that I would be satisfied. We all want more rasp but if he's not into it then what can you say. He sounded fine here, some weak moments but fuck! that song was from the guys first album 30yrs ago and he's still singing it in its original key and playing it faster... most singers would have dropped the keys on all the old songs that might give them trouble but he Axl hasn't and for the most part he doesn't need to.

Sounded like a good performance but a lot of people have got into a rut on here where they can't enjoy a performance now because past performances have been off and its now expected that all future performances will be off.

I haven't watched the entire performance but I would say he sounded fine, and most people would agree (mainly non forum members) that he sounds pretty decent here... let's just remember that his weakest standard is still better than a lot of contemporary singers around today.... maybe not rio or bridge school though :P

• Like 4

Everyone seems mixed on Axl's voice. From the videos I would say he's been working on his vocals. There's a bit more growl in his voice and the best part is he looks confident in what he is about to sing. In SA he looked confused. This tells me he probably took some time to practice singing and listening to himself. Which have him a bit more confidence in what he can and can't do.

I think it's great that he's trying again. If he puts in a little work on his voice he should be able to find power in his vocals again. The videos from last night show what I expected Axl to sound like at the start of the SA tour. I feel like he can improve from here though.

Guest NGOG

I would agree with the observations that Axl looks in better shape. For those that get angry when anybody makes such a suggestion, "losing some weight" doesn't mean undergoing a radical transformation in appearance.

I fuckin' hate this song, but stage presence = better.

we need "you could be mine" to confirm if he is turning Axl rose again....

Let's see....

Edit: YCBM sucks.

Edit 2: Holy shit. We have near disaster of the You...Me! variety during the breakdown, I think, and then he finishes the part strong. :lol:

Edit 3: Yup, he totally fucks up the lyrics and just mumbles weird shit.

Edited by magisme

I seriously cannot fathom why, when you have Ron and Richard in the band, that hack Ashba gets ANY solos. He barely can play the rhythm for fuck sake. Did Axl fall asleep at Gashbaland's haunted wendy house and doesn't want his bum rape secret out? I just don't get it.

• Like 1

This Jim Powers guy is uploading AiC videos from the same night... was he at both shows?! Guess if AiC came on at 7:30 and were done by 9:30... could he drive over in time? Or is it 2 people?