May 13th, 2014 - Bethlehem, PA

Broskirose

Honestly, PC sounds the best I've heard in that video since Hellfest 2012, definitely one of the better PCs post-2010. Huge improvement from South America, maybe he'll sound better at this residency than the last one.

I honestly can't hear any kind of improvement at all. In what aspects can you hear huge improvements?

You dont see any improvement at all from Golden Gods and other 2014 shows? It's not dramatic, lets not get ridiculous, but whereas Golden Gods was an 8.5/10 on the cringe scale, these vids go for about 5/10 cringe.

Truly the best Axl has sounded since 1982

Is there a video of Better? The ending is priceless.

If there is, someone has to gif that shit :popcorn:

What happened? What was the Better cringe moment?

It wasn't really a cringe moment, just hilarious. He came in singing the last verse when the "nah"s are supposed to start, then he stopped and took a few steps back from the mic stand and just stood completely still for the rest of the song :lol:
  • Like 1

I'm guessing that Jim Powers guy went to the AiC show in Reading and only got to GNR in Bethlehem in time to catch the 2nd half of Catcher, so he probably won't be uploading Better or TIL.

It wasn't really a cringe moment, just hilarious. He came in singing the last verse when the "nah"s are supposed to start, then he stopped and took a few steps back from the mic stand and just stood completely still for the rest of the song :lol:

"Axl Rose Having a Senior Moment" threads...

I don't know, man. That sounds pretty cringey to me. We'll see.

I'm disappointed that no one is having any fun with the YCBM mini-disaster. :(

Picking on YCBM is like picking on a blond or deaf kid. It's just mean

But it's not just the voice. He completely loses the lyrics and mumbles incoherently. It's good stuff! I'm telling you, it's good stuff!!! :lol:

• Like 1

Guest NGOG

The show was phenomenal and it was quite obvious that the crowd truly enjoyed it. Whatever defects you guys see are (imo) only minimal and go largely unnoticed when being at the show. So, that's my two cents. I had a blast last night...and so did 3,500 other people.

Nice!!

I don't know, man. That sounds pretty cringey to me. We'll see.

In the sense of fucking up the entire ending, yeah, but his reaction and look was priceless and totally made up for the fuck up. To me at least. :lol:

• Like 1

Sounded like a good performance but a lot of people have got into a rut on here where they can't enjoy a performance now because past performances have been off and its now expected that all future performances will be off.

That's one weird point of view. The fact that I cannot enjoy Axl Rose with weak vocals is because I saw a 100 times better show 4 years ago.

That said, I was only giving my opinion on that particular song, what I find horrible, is horrible to me. If you find that as the best performance you have heard in your life, there's nothing I can do to contradict you. I think Axl sounded decent on WTTJ, for example. It's not one terrible show, and I certainly didn't describe it as a disaster either.

• Like 1

It's great in a live setting but Axl is nowhere near firing anywhere close to what he can do when he's on form, everyone can tell he ain't able to hit the heights he was hitting a few years back, it's a damn good show but it's a lot weaker than it used to be, the band are the same quality but a voice is a whole different instrument.

The show was phenomenal and it was quite obvious that the crowd truly enjoyed it. Whatever defects you guys see are (imo) only minimal and go largely unnoticed when being at the show. So, that's my two cents. I had a blast last night...and so did 3,500 other people.

Exactly this, and I've said it many times before.

I've had an absolute blast at each and every GnR gig I've been to between 2002-2012, regardless of what kind of condition Axl's voice is in. As you say, you really struggle to hear any defects in his voice in a live setting. He has sounded brilliant to me at every gig.

It seems to be, those that shout the loudest about the defects in Axl's voice, are the ones who don't even attend any shows...

GnR has come to this, to just comment live shows and see if he sounds fine or bad, but nothing more than this.

You're right, obviously. Our hopes and dreams have been reduced to crossing our fingers that he sounds halfway decent on 30 year old songs.

• Like 1