May 13th, 2014 - Bethlehem, PA

Broskirose

he sounds MUCH better in these videos than earlier in the tour. sounds like he's managed to switch between his different voices more naturally now. you can hear it during the outro to patience -- he does the rasp for his midrange stuff but as soon as he gets to the second 'I need you' you can hear him switch to Mickey. but it sounds way better than what he was doing at the revolver awards where it seemed less calculated and more like he was flailing about.

Better sounds good I think. Hilarious ending :D

Please tell me Ashba's contract ends soon! What on earth was he trying to do on Patience? Loved Tommy mockingly applauding him.

Don't get Axl's style at all. Oversized t shirts and undersized leather jackets wouldn't look good on anybody, add cowboy hats and a bandana hanging from his pants. Why?

#bringbackrobinfinck

Not a bad review, though Axl seemed to actually spend more time on stage than usual, I thought.

Yeah but I guess for someone who's never been to a GNR concert it can still seem like a lot. Most other shows the lead singer might disappear for a couple of songs (Rolling Stones where Keef sings a few songs on lead, Slash where Todd sings a couple of songs), but that's it.

I don't have a problem so much with the going offstage, but audience interaction can be sparse. That's why my dad preferred the 2013 Abu Dhabi show to the 2010 one, he said he liked that Axl interacted with the crowd more. I'm not so fussed about that, but it can make a vocally weak gig better (like Buenos Aires 2014, which was a better experience for me than a show with a quiet crowd and a quiet Axl like Geneva 2010).

• Like 1

So glad to hear this GNR show sounded amazing.

Axl looked and sounded good from what I saw here.

I really wish I could go to Vegas. I know I'm going to be missing some great shows. Damn it.

Yeah, I agree Axl does have a great stage presence. He still holds the crowd in the palm of his hand. When he's on stage, Axl is all I watch. He's still a great performer and the fans love him.

Edited by Val22

Every time I miss this band in Pennsylvania it winds up being a decent show. Fuck, really wish I would've known about it before it sold out.

Wilkes-Barre 2011 was pretty boring. Bland setlist, long delay before GN'R, fights breaking out in the crowd. It was my second least favorite GN'R gig, ahead of Terminal 5.

So to sum things up:

Axl sounds great. So long as folks want new material, which is supposedly due to happen in the next month, maybe they should be grateful in hindsight that he didn't debut anything new with his "Golden Gods" voice. Just a little patience can be good sometimes, folks (SORRY!). Fuck. Double pun in one sentence.

New complaints about how his clothes are too baggy because he has clearly lost some weight. Sounds like a good problem for him to have!

If we get to hear new material with THIS voice, I say bring it!

Cheers.

Every time I miss this band in Pennsylvania it winds up being a decent show. Fuck, really wish I would've known about it before it sold out.

Wilkes-Barre 2011 was pretty boring. Bland setlist, long delay before GN'R, fights breaking out in the crowd. It was my second least favorite GN'R gig, ahead of Terminal 5.

I saw that show talked about mostly because Axl was apparently vocally spot on that night. But yeah, Philly crowds can get kinda rough.