May 13th, 2014 - Bethlehem, PA

Broskirose

So there is hope after all? What a pleasant surprise this gig was

Sounds like it- and it seems like everyone here now knows- and accepts- that they won't hear a new (or 2 to 3) song (other than new-old covers), so there you go.

OK. Let's chill the fuck out. There's hope that Axl can sound decent singing songs that we've all heard him sing hundreds of times before. This is hardly a time to be screaming "Round 2!" :lol:

Without a good voice there is no hope and no point, and I'd almost given up that he would regain it. Im not saying he was great here, but in the clips I've seen its a pretty good improvement from what we have heard earlier this year. So yeah, there is hope that he could further improve his voice. With a good voice everything gets more exciting

I just don't have that optimism. We've been doing this too long. Don't get me wrong, improved voice and stage presence are welcome, but I don't see it going much further than that.

I hope I didn't 'shoot down your positivity' :lol:

• Like 2

"On You Could Be Mine, a decent chugging rock number but hardly classic GNR, Roses voice was clearly electronically enhanced."

Please.. Someone explain...

What great journalism.

Ok I will explain.... The guy has no idea what he is talking about? Perhaps he was not at the gig?

this guy reviews every band for the paper he writes for -- mostly at this venue as there aren't alot of alternatives out there -- and is there any youtube footage of you could be mine to tell if it was enhanced? just cause axl called out the chili peppers for miming, I wouldn't put it past Axl to have his voice electronically enhanced since he's lost all integrity the last 6 years

• Like 1

"On You Could Be Mine, a decent chugging rock number but hardly classic GNR, Roses voice was clearly electronically enhanced."

What great journalism.

Ok I will explain.... The guy has no idea what he is talking about? Perhaps he was not at the gig?

this guy reviews every band for the paper he writes for -- mostly at this venue as there aren't alot of alternatives out there -- and is there any youtube footage of you could be mine to tell if it was enhanced? just cause axl called out the chili peppers for miming, I wouldn't put it past Axl to have his voice electronically enhanced since he's lost all integrity the last 6 years

Lol OK.

Didn't get around to working on any of my pictures last night, I crashed as soon as I got home. Here's a few for starters, I'll be putting more up tonight after work and over the next few days :)

14212583813_de7a473321_z.jpg

14192452175_16ef753e78_c.jpg

14005829817_0a12a32a9f_z.jpg

14005787228_0475371938_z.jpg

14169299016_19ba0b1268_z.jpg

14005785328_0aae965f80_c.jpg

I was really unimpressed with the light show at this gig, I thought it was quite a bit under par for GN'R. Lots of reds and yellows, not much of anything else. The spotlights weren't lending themselves to a nice, natural skin tone when they were on someone, they gave a very dull, lifeless hue, and I think it shows in my pictures. I'll keep posting them if you guys like them, but I don't think they're among my best GN'R photos.

Excellent photos. Great work!

Ali

• Like 1

Has anybody seen or heard of a vid from Bethlehem's This I Love? It was definitely one of my highlights from this awesome show.

Thanks.

Really? I thought TIL was pretty weak, but as I've said I couldn't hear Axl too we'll throughout the night.

What great journalism.

I'll explain. He says that Axl used a microphone which electronically enhanced his voice. That's how microphones work, they electonically enhance the voice. I guess that this was the first time that he had seen a singer with a microphone. :crazy:

Edited by Loaded