What are the biggest venues GN'R could sell out in the U.S.?

American has barely gotten a taste of what the rest of the world has received. GN'R fans are hungry for GN'R and Chinese Democracy. What are the biggest stadiums, arenas, GN'R could sell out now in the U.S.?

I just read somewhere that Taylor Swift sold out in Shanghai China in 1 minute or something. If GN'R's management is reading, maybe your thoughts will help them identify the hot spots for where they should reach their demographic.

Guns would be huge if they STOPPED TOURING THE US EVERY YEAR. In 2006 Guns were playing 12,000 + arenas in the US.

However there is more money in constant touring of theatre shows of under 5000 if its vegas, or UCAP or whatever you dress it up to be.

Edited by Axl_morris

I would say in the U.S. GN'R could maybe pull 10,000 people at one location if they were doing a U.S. tour. I'd actually be kind of surprised if someone gives me numbers from their last U.S. tour that proves me otherwise.

This version of GN'R ain't selling out MSG anytime soon. But the Sands Bethlehem Event Center? That might be another story.

A reunited Gn'R would probably sell out arenas all over the US.

Only with heavy promoting! You would need TV commercials and radio ads saying something like, "THE RETURN OF GUNS N' ROSES..." They would also have to do TV interviews; they would really have to get themselves out there, something Axl isn't game for.

I can totally see GN'R reuniting and it not selling all that much better than any other incarnation of GN'R simply because no one knew about it. If I wasn't on these forums I would have no idea that Guns N' Roses was still a thing.

I thinks GNR could do well in Madison Square Garden.

They pretty much sold out Gexa here, but I bet they could do well with American Airlines center too.

I actually liked the show in the House of Blues. It's not a huge venue, but GNR did well there and it was intimate enough to see and hear the band from all angles of the place.

I thinks GNR could do well in Madison Square Garden.

They pretty much sold out Gexa here, but I bet they could do well with American Airlines center too.

I actually liked the show in the House of Blues. It's not a huge venue, but GNR did well there and it was intimate enough to see and hear the band from all angles of the place.

MSG is fairly small in terms of arenas in major cities. It may be a big event when someone plays at MSG, but capacity is only about 12,000 - hardly a feat worth mentioning when we're talking about arenas.

People saying that the current GNR could play MSG are crazy. They can't.

Similarly, the people saying a reunited Guns N Roses wouldn't be huge are also fucking insane. THAT Guns N Roses could sell out a show every night of the week at MSG. Guns reuniting would be huge news and it would draw gigantic numbers. That Guns N Roses could sell out Giants Stadium. They wouldn't be able to do it for more than that initial year but the new Guns could never do that. If Guns reunited, even if they put out no new material, they could sell out the Garden at least twice a year for 5 years.

The downward spiral has been crazy. A few years ago they could sell out big arenas in big markets pretty easily. Now they're probably closer to Slash numbers than they'd like to admit.

Thats only because people have caught on. They could sell out big places in 2002 because it was their return. No one except those that refused to go because it wasn't the original band had any reason not to go. They could sell out big places in 2006 because they had been gone for 4 years before that, Buckethead was gone so it was a little less "crazy circus" and the NY Hammerstein shows got rave reviews. After that, they abandoned the US. Chinese Democracy did horrible, people realized it was a decent band but not one you really had to keep seeing, and Axl started slipping live. Their last biggish US outing was 2011 and by that point it really was a tribute act.

If Guns reunited, people would notice and those that went to the shows would keep going back if those guys were playing with the same energy as the old days, which by all accounts Slash, Duff and Matt can still do.

A reunion tour, at least for its initial year, would be stadium - not arena. It would be massive.

Only if Axl was perceived to be in decent shape. They'd def sell more tickets than now even if Axl still sounded crap, but to sell out stadiums I think Axl would need to be considered as sounding decent.

A reunion tour, at least for its initial year, would be stadium - not arena. It would be massive.

Only if Axl was perceived to be in decent shape. They'd def sell more tickets than now even if Axl still sounded crap, but to sell out stadiums I think Axl would need to be considered as sounding decent.

I do not think people would give a fuck. For Joe Public, Axl resigned in 1993 and a 2014 reunion (hypothetical) would therefore be a 'comeback'. Joe public does not look at youtube clips of Axl struggling to warble through Shackler's cock with a bunch of hired hands who nobody gives a fuck about. Argentina 1993 was Axl's last gig.

I do not think people would give a fuck. For Joe Public, Axl resigned in 1993 and a 2014 reunion (hypothetical) would therefore be a 'comeback'. Joe public does not look at youtube clips of Axl struggling to warble through Shackler's cock with a bunch of hired hands who nobody gives a fuck about. Argentina 1993 was Axl's last gig.

if he didn't fuck up the mtv awards show it wouldn't have been....or released an album.....or did anything but sit back and get fat and lose his voice while talentless ppl such as myself praise or degrade him