Can we make an official petition to the band about Duff?

A petition? Is this a joke? I feel sorry for people who think Duff is somehow going to stay. You're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

nah man, it will be fine if it goes back to how it was. no petition is gonna make it happen. axl has stepped up his game since duff showed up, is it wrong to want the momentum to keep up?

The band knows that the fans want Duff. That was made clear these past shows. But Tommy's loyalty has been big for Axl and I think Axl would never cut Tommy unless it was Tommy's decision to leave.

Tommy has been with Guns longer than Duff! I think that's crazy because not much has been accomplished. I hope Tommy leaves on his terms and Duff comes in full time on his own terms. That's just me hoping in my own little world. I'd like to think Duff might get Axl to start writing music again too.

I don't think an official petition is a good way to go about this though.

Axl will figure this stuff out. He might actually regret bringing duff back if he feels Tommy will catch the backlash for his decision. It's great that Duff came back, and the shows have been fun to follow. He brings out the best in Axl, but I think it will only be a rare flashback to classic guns.

Axl understands the flashback too. He did the cough/bullshit during patience, he opened a show with a UYI song, and he's slowed down a couple songs to the way they use to be played. He knows this is great for the fans and is willing to give them the flashback they've craved. It's only a flashback though. New guns will return soon, and while many will be disappointed, it will be a testament to loyalty.

I think it's more like Duff wanting to say farewell to the GNR fans. He doesn't want back in but it's part of his life and if he gets the chance hell do it?

Maybe he is the inspiration Axl and the band need. Tommy doesn't to be able to get them in the studio.

I like that they're on good terms, I think Duff rejoining would just lead to problems. The late starts, the lack of writing and recording.

But I do think if Axl were ever to lighten up and just get in the studio and write and have fun it'd take someone like Duff being involved.

I don't have a problem with anyone whos been in Guns past or present but surely everyone can admit that when Duff sings backing vocals its sounds more like "Guns N Roses" than it does when Tommy sings them. I like Tommy and if he's playing bass next time I see them then thats alright by me, but if Duff was playing that would blow my mind!

Not many people here can say they didn't fall in love with the original band first, most of us make the best of whatever incarnation of Guns we have but come on, having Duff back full time would be amazing.

I don't have a problem with anyone whos been in Guns past or present but surely everyone can admit that when Duff sings backing vocals its sounds more like "Guns N Roses" than it does when Tommy sings them. I like Tommy and if he's playing bass next time I see them then thats alright by me, but if Duff was playing that would blow my mind!

Not many people here can say they didn't fall in love with the original band first, most of us make the best of whatever incarnation of Guns we have but come on, having Duff back full time would be amazing.

If we swap one bass player in what is nothing more than touring band for another bass player...what's the net gain, really? 'Attitude' instead of some other punk cover?

So long as they refuse to put out another album, it could be literally anyone up there on stage with Axl playing the same 25 or so songs.

• Like 1