Can we make an official petition to the band about Duff?

I don't necessarily agree that there has been any change in attitude, raspiness or the songs which should be attributed to Duff being back. I also doubt mygnr would back such a petition.

you really think that there's been no change? I guess we can only assume and don't know for a fact it's attributed to duff being back

Aside from petitions being utterly useless....

- I prefer Duff over Tommy in general

- I love both of them

- Duff belongs in Guns n' Roses just as much as Tommy belongs in The Axl Rose Band

- Duff is too good for The Axl Rose Band. I want him to have fun and be creative. I don't want him to live in a regime so dictatorial that Kim Yong Un calls them for pointers.

• Like 3

i don't want stinson to leave

Bring on the Duff/Tommy threads ;)

Team Duffy McStinson!

Honestly, a petition wouldn't really do anything probably. We don't even know if Duff wants to come back full time either.

That's what I was thinking. Even if Tommy were to leave GN'R for good and Axl wanted Duff back who's to say Duff would even want to? I'd hope he would obviously, but he has Walking Papers now and they're a great band and seems to be doing well. I'm not sure Duff would just drop that to get back in GN'R.

With Walking Papers, Duff gets to write and release music. With Axl, he doesn't. It's why he left the band in '97. It's been a blast having Duff for these shows, but it'd just be sad seeing Duff in the background playing the same songs night after night. Think it'd be awesome if he contributed to a track or 2 on any upcoming GNR album, though, and if him and Izzy carry on guesting on occasion in future.

I think petitions are largely used as means to make sure some entity or another becomes - aware- that them plebs are not content with something. Axl knows perfectly well that besides some cult of 500 South American house wives devotedly loyal to him, entire world would like to see the original GNR. It doesn't take a freaking petition.

Also, I'm pretty sure no Internet petition has achieved anything ever.

I am extremely sure literally nobody involved in GNR in any meaningful way would give a flying fuck about any kind of petition about anything ever. No matter how many or few names there are.

As a general life advice,feel free to apply this to every other petition you ever see.

Edited by LTD
  • Like 1

I want to see this line up release the sequel before a reunion, I wanted to see the last line up perform their own album before a reunion and before seeing these guys play 4/5 songs from the new album and the same songs as the reunion would play, I'd like a reunion before this but it's already happening again.

A petition would do jack shit in the world of Axl Rose. He knows we want Duff to rejoin, he knows we want a reunion, he knows we want new music, etc, but he doesn't give a rat's ass. Sadly, he's content being a Vegas lounge act.

He needs to do something different that's for sure, well he's getting paid a lot and the fans get to see (the same) a good show when he stops by, but he is living in some kinda GNR purgatory between both states. Even setting up a goddamn circus or something with the guys would be welcoming. And ain't that how Finck ended up joining? From that circus thing he was doing?

I just have such a cool feeling about Duff's presence with Axl, he is seemingly behind starting the last show with YCBM and is really adding a lot to the live shows with his natural charisma and energy

I wouldn't want Duff to waste his talents in a group that gets nothing done however if he could be a part of why stuff gets done it would be cool

As much as I would like Duff back, it wouldn't be fair to Tommy for him to be kicked out of the band for Duff to rejoin.

That said, Tommy wasn't nice to Bucket/Bumblefoot, so I really don't care if they're fair to him or not. :lol:

I think petitions are largely used as means to make sure some entity or another becomes - aware- that them plebs are not content with something. Axl knows perfectly well that besides some cult of 500 South American house wives devotedly loyal to him, entire world would like to see the original GNR. It doesn't take a freaking petition.

I am extremely sure literally nobody involved in GNR in any meaningful way would give a flying fuck about any kind of petition about anything ever. No matter how many or few names there are.

As a general life advice,feel free to apply this to every other petition you ever see.

You had me at 500 South American housewives.

You had me at 500 South American housewives.

:lol: