**ENTRIES CLOSING JUN 7TH** - WIN a RARE copy of Chinese Democracy w/ **RED HAND alternative artwork**

Guest Gunns

It seems like they are good but people need to push their ideas and talents further, maybe these will help push you guys.

I hope that Gunns doesn't mind me using these as examples because co-created some of these from back in the day of CDF.com

cdfa1b.png

doyouhaveanappetite.jpg

No worries man go for it :)

@ hv, could we have a submission date deadline for all these? and hopefully people only vote until they've seen all so it's a more comprehensive competition overall

good luck everyone

maybe someone else can take these base images / ideas and turn them into something.

clear your inbox man

It seems like they are good but people need to push their ideas and talents further, maybe these will help push you guys.

I hope that Gunns doesn't mind me using these as examples because co-created some of these from back in the day of CDF.com

cdfa1b.png

doyouhaveanappetite.jpg

No worries man go for it :)

@ hv, could we have a submission date deadline for all these? and hopefully people only vote until they've seen all so it's a more comprehensive competition overall

good luck everyone

maybe someone else can take these base images / ideas and turn them into something.

clear your inbox man

Just did.

This was my entry last time, but I suppose it's no good this time round as you don't want any logos and such. So don't consider this an entry.

89407Eh.jpg

Here's something I whipped up pretty quick. Pretty similar to what is up there now though.

fvB5Lkj.jpg

These are the best so far.

• Like 1

Competition law requires that people that have supported this website financially or work for this website, even if it not for a fee, are not allowed to enter.

So if you fall in this category, I would leave it

Huh?

Competition law (Aka, antitrust law) prevents trusts.... It stops monopolies from big companies... It has nothing to do with contests on a forum.

Ah yes the USA law... does not apply to me. I don't even know if I will submit though anyway, but if I don't it won't be because of an American law I can say that ;)

Isn't this a UK law? And does it apply to this situation?

It does not matter in this case at all. This is a worldwide forum and none of this applies to this forum. The owners of the forum decide the rules, not a law of a country or 2

This was my entry last time, but I suppose it's no good this time round as you don't want any logos and such. So don't consider this an entry.

89407Eh.jpg

Here's something I whipped up pretty quick. Pretty similar to what is up there now though.

fvB5Lkj.jpg

These are the best so far.

They are pretty generic. No effort what so ever by putting a couple of images together because I could have done these in my sleep. This isn't a put down of those who created them but Lets push for something better!

They are pretty generic. No effort what so ever by putting a couple of images together because I could have done these in my sleep. This isn't a put down of those who created them but Lets push for something better!

Well, your own submission is pretty shit IMO, so really, no need to criticize other people's work, if you don't like it, don't vote for it and move on.

Well, your own submission is pretty shit IMO, so really, no need to criticize other people's work, if you don't like it, don't vote for it and move on.

I didn't submit anything. Just base images that have potential. I am not even in this contest. BTW It appears that you didn't even read my post.

Edited by Randy Jesus

LOL i was thinking the same thing :lol:

Time for some big guns bought to the table :)

What you said.

For as much as the Red Hand covered has been paid for in the past, I was expecting to see a lot more awesome entries so far.

No way. to render some great banners could take longer. No sense rushing it

What you said.

For as much as the Red Hand covered has been paid for in the past, I was expecting to see a lot more awesome entries so far.

Trying to push for more awesome entries, I don't have time to do it myself like I did in the past.

What you said.

This stuff takes time man! ;)

I wasn't really expecting to see any entries at all for the first week or so.

EDIT: And guys, there's no need to put someone's entry down. I'm glad people are trying regardless of their experience level - it is very much appreciated. We are looking for entries of a high standard though, so please take your time. Who knows, maybe we'll throw some kind of rotation on for the runners-up, or use them in another subforum? :)

Ok, many hours in this, Im not very experienced in PS, well, so this one shows Axl over the different eras, with his respective change of looks/style, and in the background, those are the different stages that gnr has used through the years

csU1HoT.png

This one is the same but it has Ron and Richard

fiWeSSR.png

Maybe i will keep tweaking it, and gotta think for a logo and icon, hope u like it :)

I really like the Axl through the era's. I delete the rio or the 2002 one though and add in an appetite era at the start. I just think you need an 87-89 Axl more than 2 2001/2 Axls.

I'd also have an old lineup shot on the left of the Axls. So its old stage/old lineup - 5 Axls - New stage/New line up

I was thinking just that haha

I made these AFD/UYI banners in the previous thread. I made a darker,grittier one, like the current one and a light version. Will change it to accommodate the feedback of the previous thread in it as well as the restrictions of this contest.

MYGNR_Banner_Dark.png

MYGNR_Banner.png

Will try to work on a logo and that little subforum thing next, but not really sure what to make of it ATM.

Can I just throw my comments in? :)

I'm unsure whether I'll prefer a mixture of the old PLUS new but one things a certainty -- you can't have a baner without any members of nuGNR -- argue it until your tits turn blue (and, you do!) but it IS Guns N Roses as it stands (minus any opinion of the rights, wherefores nada nada nada).

There's no immediate rush guys keep em coming! The prize IS A GREAT PRIZE ;)