The job hunting thread

GivenToFly

I'm going to be commuting for the next month :(

For the past year I've lived just a few minutes' walk from work and that was pretty cool, but I just moved out yesterday so now I'm going to have to take a train five days a week and wake up earlier in the morning. It's just for a month though, after that I'm transferring and I'm hoping to get another flat within a short walking distance from work.

Commuting sucks, I remember from uni.

After a discussion with my boss today about more changes she wants to make to my working pattern, looks like my best option is to find a new job asap <_<

Did you remind her that you were voted as Mgnrforum's Best Looking Female Poster of 2014? Drop that bombshell on her and you'll be getting a raise, not looking for a new job!

• Like 2

After a discussion with my boss today about more changes she wants to make to my working pattern, looks like my best option is to find a new job asap <_<

Whats that mean anyway, make changes to your working pattern, that could be good or bad couldn't it, hear her out first and that eh?

Ask yourself the question - it's your first job out of uni - do you want to have it on your resume that you quit before completing a full year for no other reason other than not being happy with that sort of thing? I'd say it's best to complete 2 years or so anywhere before moving on at this stage of your career, no?

My advice would be to suck it up and think of your patients. We all have to swallow a certain amount of shit in our working life. I'd love to ring up British Gas and tell them they're not getting there money this month because my boss is a cunt but my love of warmth and baths has always outweighed my principles.

Yeah Rocket Queen is an example as to why I don't want to go back to college. Spend all that money on a job you don't even like...

You're a bell end. She loves the job, she doesn't love THIS job.

You just can't cut it and went off to college to please your parents rather than growing a backbone and doing what was best for you.

Or try and stab your boss in the back (not literally)!, but go to her boss/bosses, make friendly, take her job, somehow, someway, it might even take a little bideing of time to do it and in the meantime perhaps you could find out what your boss's pay is and offer to undercut it to their boss/bosses.. or just apply for her job however people apply to jobs there - Job hunt for her job and if you can, go above her head to do it and play smart but nice, not nice but door-mat. So keep your job, stick to her new proposed working pattern; be it less hours means you might be able to get 2 jobs, this and something else - or sacrifice your hours, if more hours were asked of you; have your boss's job in mind and be like;

"Yes ma'am/sir, no ma'am/sir, 3 bags full ma'am/sir, oh by the way I've got to take this call I got about an interview for a better job at

'whoever your company is afraid of'."

Who are vets afraid of?

(Apart from doctors).

I'm kidding! I'm babygoating, I'm kidding!

But good luck nonetheless with that. :)

No, it's pretty common in veterinary for new grads to move on after a year in their first job, and I have been there for a whole year now...

Where to though?

Where is step 2 to whatever goal you set out to achieve when you became a vet'?

Edited by Snake-Pit

Yeah Rocket Queen is an example as to why I don't want to go back to college. Spend all that money on a job you don't even like...

You're a bell end. She loves the job, she doesn't love THIS job.

You just can't cut it and went off to college to please your parents rather than growing a backbone and doing what was best for you.

From Luke

27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.

Come at me with all you have.

From Luke:

Work that ass and play with that clit,

Cuz I'm still with that freaky shit,

One time for the girls in Georgia,

Detroit Michigan and Miami Florida,

You know we make our music fast

Cuz the girls down South like to shake that ass

(Luke Skywalker from The 2 Live Crew, same thing!)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq3xtgEdZdM

This is officially the Luke thread now :D

• Like 1

Give ARQ a break- it's just good working practise to get one guaranteed day off a week, we all need it. She's smart and experienced enough to move on now- which she'll do without problem I'm sure.

Go for it lovely. :)

----

I'm really loving my casual job at the escape room. Time flies, and it's the easiest/funnest minimum wage job I've ever had.

I'm not going to quit being a vet, and I'm fighting it as much as I can (we only need 3 out of the 9 vets in our practice to work Sunday's so I don't know why she's pushing me) but it's a deal breaker for me, not to mention it's religious discrimination

Was there any mention of 7 day working in your contract when you started? :(