Type of material on the next GnR studio release (as if)

What type of new material would you prefer?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been thinking. Imagine that a CD 2 would ever come out (hard, I know). What would most likely be on it? Basically we have two options for that. Either they'll do something genuinely new, or they'll re-work the old 1998-2004 songs. From the Bucket/Finck era. Personally, I feel the latter would make them far worse. Mostly because of DJ, but I still prefer the older demo's of CD songs to the released ones as well. If this material (from 1998 to 2004) ever gets out, for me older is better. In their original more industrial and raw sounding forms. The way Finck, Bucket and to some extent Paul originally recorded them. Plus I can't imagine Axl recording better vocals to them in his current state. That's the third option for a release. Maybe as a boxset, including the original CD stuff.

For a post-1998 GnR studio release we basically have 3 options:

- 1998-2004 material in it's original form

- 1998-2004 material re-worked

- Completely new material

Which would you prefer at this point? For me it's easily option 1. That's the only stuff I'm genuinely interested in hearing right now. If I still cared about the current band I might have preferred option 3 as it's a move forward. But I don't. The option of ruining it (because, let's face it, DJ) is least desirable for me personally. Aside from it being an insult to both the original artists, I think it'd also be an insult to the talent of guys like Ron and Richard.

At this point, i don't really care
Just release it already
Leaks will popped up eventually, though
(but i'm not really interested about Ashba's material, because it will be cheesy as fuck, even more cheesier than NR,lol)
But now ANYTHING would be good rather than the current Nostalgia/Vegas circus

Edited by Crash Diet

The problem is we don't really know the exact time periods about the songs etc.

This is just hypothetical (and pointless, imo)

Edited by Crash Diet

The problem is we don't really know the exact time periods about the songs etc.

This is just hypothetical (and pointless, imo)

Well, we do have a fair frame of reference, don't we? Bucket left in 2004. The illusive "3 albums worth" plus most titles rumoured are from before then. And, comparing the demo's on IRS, TWAT and Catcher as well as the live versions of CD, Madagascar and The Blues to the eventual CD release we can hear a lot about how they changed. So that gives us a frame of reference. Enough for me to say older is better. Plus I have no faith at all in Ashba even slightly improving material by Finck or Bucket (or a mentally handicapped child with a guitar for that matter).

And like I said - In the world of Guns n' Roses in 2014, everything is pointless.

I think that material is vastly overrated honestly.

I definitely prefer it to the way it ended up on CD. That doesn't make it Sgt Pepper or Exile On Main St... But it is better than the CD versions.

I went for new material, as I have no particular attachment to the line-up before this one. I don't know if it'll ever be released, but that's what I would prefer. In a normal world, it would be strange to release 'old' music, wouldn't it ? Maybe the ideal for me would be to release new material and some time in the future do some sort of box set with unreleased material.

I know all of this is very unlikely, but that would be my choice. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if it never came true though.

I want to hear songs that Slash played on in 1996.

If a reunion happens, I would hope the band would sit down and rework those old demos from 1996 into songs for a new album like Van Halen did recently when they reformed.

Other than that, I don't care. I'd rather hear unreleased stuff from Prince, not GNR songs that are on the level or worse than "Scraped".

bumbleface.jpg

Bumbleface: "Don't want y'all expecting anything - soon other than old unreleased ChiDem songs"

yeah tha is the current situation, but Axl doesn't seem to involve Bumble.

4tus or Stinson (or even DJ, lol) will working on those songs

I don't believe BBF will got a single credit for a song in GNR, which is a shame :shrugs:

It's a tough call... It seems Axl will take whatever is recorded, piece it together, loop it, and over produce the hell out of it. Like the Brian May catcher solo... We will never hear his original intention for the solo, only warm up licks that he was going thru pieced together to fit Axl's vision. Then on top of it the final track included Bumblefoots interpretation of it. Axl had the band rehearse and record for years.. Up to 60 tracks with with no direction. Then when it came to a point he had to finalize different options on those tracks he listened to them over the phone and ran some of them over with his car. There is nothing organic about the process of a New GNR track... It's just fucking weird. Robin Fincks noodling on Twat and The Better verse are the highlights of CD for me. Axl is Mad.

• Like 2

I have hope That Axl added vocals to songs in 2010. The raspy version of This I Love lead me to believe he might have re-done or made an alternative version to all songs that he has.

I think the material is done. Axl wouldn't have touted having 3 albums worth of songs and release them as a trilogy if it wasn't already done.

The last time I think Axl has touched the songs is in 2010. I think he re-worked some of the material and I think those are the vocals we could expect on leaked or released songs.

After 2010 Axl changed from an artist to a retired artist. It's been dead ever since.

I want to hear songs that Slash played on in 1996.

If a reunion happens, I would hope the band would sit down and rework those old demos from 1996 into songs for a new album like Van Halen did recently when they reformed.

Other than that, I don't care. I'd rather hear unreleased stuff from Prince, not GNR songs that are on the level or worse than "Scraped".

I think that material has already turned into NewGnR songs, Snakepit songs, VR songs and Slash songs. Possibly Beautiful Disease songs. Or Izzy songs. Most of the ideas they tossed around were probably all taken back by the people who came up with them and then released through other channels.

None of the above.

End the band.

Honestly, this.

I've been hoping for a release of the rest of the Chi Dem music since shortly after CD dropped. There was a time that songs like the The General, Soul Monster and Atlas Shrugged seemed like they were right around the corner.

Then...six fucking years went by. DJ and Richard's masturbatory twitter chats from last week basically sealed the deal that there are no plans whatsoever to put these songs out. DJ went so far to basically say that if they were any good, they would've released them. As douchey as that comment is, not to mention you gotta love DJ's veiled self-promotion since he had nothing to do with writing those tracks, it is pretty indicative as far as their plans to put anything out goes.

Anyone who believes their horseshit about them recording an album during the Vegas residency needs to get their heads checked. They said the same thing in 2012, during a longer residency and (shocker) they didn't do shit.

We'll likely get "new" music when Axl's dead and Team Brazil inevitably cashes in on the GNR name for every red cent it's worth.

Edited by sofine11