May 21st, 2014 - Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery!

People were calling him fat in 2010

He was chunky in 2009, and worked his way into better shape but he was still heavier than 2007 when he was last seen.

He was also moving and running a lot more.

As for the person above who asked why people care, I didn't care in 2010, but it's not obvious now that he's too out of shape to sing his own songs without gasping between lines or barely wheezing through them. So, as a fan of his voice and music, I'd like that to change. He can sound pretty good when he doesn't sound like he's choking...

Best ever! I love how this band takes risks, always striving to be different and their desire to stay relevant while not becoming something they aren't is admirable. The best is how they never mislead their fans. Like never. Long live GnR. 2014 version is easily the best lineup ever. Can't wait for the new album.

• Like 1

Best ever! I love how this band takes risks, always striving to be different and their desire to stay relevant while not becoming something they aren't is admirable. The best is how they never mislead their fans. Like never. Long live GnR. 2014 version is easily the best lineup ever. Can't wait for the new album.

The best is of course how they are compensating for the inactive years of before by touring the world successfully and playing the great music of GN'R to millions of fans all over.

• Like 2

The best is of course how they are compensating for the inactive years of before by touring the world successfully and playing the great music of GN'R to millions of fans all over.

Hahahaha! ...... Oh wait, you're being serious.. Hahahaha! So true man. Like they are so totally awesome for doing it for the fans. Such a great band!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

• Like 1

And Mr Sarcasm of the Year award goes to.....

Hahahaha! ...... Oh wait, you're being serious.. Hahahaha! So true man. Like they are so totally awesome for doing it for the fans. Such a great band!

They really are a great band :) And it IS awesome that GN'R is still an active band entertaining thousands upon thousands of fans every year, regardless of why they do it. You don't seem to appreciate it, which is fine - just don't buy the tickets then :shrugs:

• Like 1

They really are a great band :) And it IS awesome that GN'R is still an active band entertaining thousands upon thousands of fans every year, regardless of why they do it. You don't seem to appreciate it, which is fine - just don't buy the tickets then :shrugs:

This band and what they do (or actually don't do) isn't worthy of the name Guns n' Roses.

I didn't know a band name was an honorary degree,

It's definitely not a piece of paper either.

Then go ahead and watch a Slash show and call it GnR, watch an Adler's apettite show and call it GnR, watch a Duff show and call it GnR. Why not even a Velvet Revolver show?

I can't believe how hard it is for some people just to enjoy what they have.

And if it happens that you're not enjoying it, just stop watching (and I'm not even commenting the fact that "watching" means for most of people here commenting snipets of songs recorded on cellphones and commenting set-lists consistencies)

I loved the old band, and I loved the 2001 band as well. They don't exist anymore and I still think both have wasted loads of opportunities to release great music. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it or give me any physical pain, nor will that said pain's gonna get relieved by spreading my butt-hurt feeling on a message board to be honest.

Then go ahead and watch a Slash show and call it GnR, watch an Adler's apettite show and call it GnR, watch a Duff show and call it GnR. Why not even a Velvet Revolver show?

And if it happens that you're not enjoying it, just stop watching (and I'm not even commenting the fact that "watching" means for most of people here commenting snipets of songs recorded on cellphones and commenting set-lists consistencies)

I loved the old band, and I loved the 2001 band as well. They don't exist anymore and I still think both have wasted loads of opportunities to release great music. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it or give me any physical pain, nor will that said pain's gonna get relieved by spreading my butt-hurt feeling on a message board to be honest.

LOL

Hey Laparka, keep on supporting Axl's shit. He's doing really well.

Edited by Ferrari
  • Like 1

I've seen VR and Slash shows. Loved them, but it wasn't Guns n' Roses. Nor did they call it Guns n' Roses.

I very much enjoyed seeing Axl in 2006 as well.

But the thing is, what we've had since 1998 isn't a band, but rather a revolving door. Some go in, some go out. And clearly it's not working. You can call it Guns n' Roses all you want, but it's clearly been The Axl Rose Band In which Everybody Is Replaceable.

And yes, I have a very hard time enjoying that travesty.

It seems hypocritical to be criticising the "revolving door" that is GNR now. Hasn't it always been this way? The pre-AFD lineups, the UYI lineup, etc.

It has. The last years have been remarkably stable.

But the thing is, what we've had since 1998 isn't a band, but rather a revolving door. Some go in, some go out. And clearly it's not working. You can call it Guns n' Roses all you want, but it's clearly been The Axl Rose Band In which Everybody Is Replaceable.

And yes, I have a very hard time enjoying that travesty.

How it is a travesty that band members are replaceable? Or is it a travesty that it is Axl who decides who are in the band? I simply don't get the travesty part.

LOL

Hey Laparka, keep on supporting Axl's shit. He's doing really well.

I'm not supporting anything beyond reasonable. If they come to my place, I'll go see them and enjoy the show.

If they release an album, I'll buy it.

That does not mean that I'm not frustrated by the lack of new music or the fact that this band has done almost nothing since the break up of the original band.