May 21st, 2014 - Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery!

Guest Gunns

I used to remember people criticizing Ron heavily for his shredding during nightrain at download in 06 and at other times, with people saying that his playing destroyed guns n roses songs.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I welcome you DJ Ashba in 2014

Tommy, take it away...

tuZp3B.gif

Holy crap! No hat or glasses and a red bandanna!! That is literally the most exciting thing that has happened on the 2014 tour bar Duff! Not kidding.

Does anyone know what Tommy is doing at 4:59 in the Patience vid. I'm sure he's mocking Ashba, I just can't figure out exactly how.

Oh, btw: Quite interesting twitter reaction to prince. Overwhelmingly positive even though the 2nd half had few hits, just b-sides and deep cuts.

Edited by Jordan Rose

I wonder what Stinson said when he bounded over to him when he was fucking up the simple part after the solo 'And you're the guy who's staying??'

The solo started off alright but then descended into some amateur screwing it up and getting lost then a meandering mess.

To be fair, Slash's patience solo in tokyo is crap but he proved plenty of times the calibre of guitarist he was, even when he was wasted, most of the time, he carried a live show pretty damn well.

DJ has always been unbearably bad but is it just me or is the guy getting worse every tour?

How is it possible he can be in the band for what, 6 years now, and can't even play the most simplest parts of the songs?

They don't care.

The band has nothing but contempt for the foolish fans who continue to bankroll this whole circus.

• Like 2

Pa5 - I used a Sony Rx1 for most of my shots. I had a backup camera which took alright pictures. That one is the Ricoh Gr.

For those that want to see the rest of my images, they are now up http://tony-trujillo.com/p963291071

p416995967-5.jpg

p131787272-5.jpg

p382904995-4.jpg

p218423743-4.jpg

Gah, I wish I could afford the RX1 <_< I noticed on your site that you used an RX100 for the Golden Gods show. Are you happy with that? I'm looking to upgrade my compact sometime in the near future, and this has been one that I'm heavily considering.

• Like 2

DJ has always been unbearably bad but is it just me or is the guy getting worse every tour?

How is it possible he can be in the band for what, 6 years now, and can't even play the most simplest parts of the songs?

They don't care.

The band has nothing but contempt for the foolish fans who continue to bankroll this whole circus.

In some cases, maybe, but I'd like to think that consideration for the fans has a lot to do with Ron sticking around for so long and with him leaving.

Think about it, he played shows in tremendous pain with that back/neck injury. He's always made time for and been communicative with GNR fans. If he is leaving, he's likely doing this year's residency/touring to avoid cancellations or fucking the band and fans over if its not a contractual issue that he can't get around.

Lastly, if I'm not making the guy out to be too much of a saint, I would imagine he's as tired and frustrated of the endless cash grab tours as we are. The '3 new songs' thing was touted, didn't happen, Axl's getting worse, seems to have no interest in progress or new material, Ashba's terrible lately...anyone of reasonable integrity would be saying 'cash me out' at this point.

How long do you put up with shit, powerless to do anything other than hope it improves? It's a question a lot of fans seem to be asking themselves lately, myself included. Doesn't seem a stretch to apply the same logic to the band's most visibly dissatisfied member.

(Huh-huh, huh-huh...dissatisfied member)

Edited by tomfriend

I was thinking this recently as well, I'm sure he wasn't this bad during '10 (not that he was great, just not abysmally awful).

• Like 1

The whole accident/tour thing Bumble did was fucking insane but to be fair he's handsomely rewarded in finance and recognition from his GNR tenure. Creatively a lot of time has been wasted frittering away and he couldn't really have predicted Axl would fall into such a lull when the signs were there that he meant business back in 06.

• Like 2