May 21st, 2014 - Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery!

Better had the rasp in parts, I predict he'll do a similar 2012 run, which is pretty good and I wouldn't complain if I were going to a show, may as well just forget about new music until he does or does not just come out with a new song somewhere random. It's better to see him improving out on the road than going into hibernation and not recording.

Unless something different occurs or Ashba embarrasses himself again not really any point saying anything that hasn't already been said. Great show, weaker than it was and kinda redundant but still nice to see when Axl's getting back into form.

A lot of negativity despite Axl's greatly improving over the past few shows (the last show being a bit weaker though)...and he's moving around the stage a lot more too!

I can't even believe there are still people like you on this planet. WTF kinda comment is that? Have you been living under a rock the past 15 years. You're complaining that despite Axl "greatly improving" the last few shows people are still negative. Like what are you getting at? That people should be thrilled that Axl is getting better? Axl's not getting better and this band is not delivering anything to fans. NOTHING. They are milking this whole thing and it's fans like you who allow it to happen. Honestly take your rose coloured shades off. At this point there really is nothing to not be negative about unless of course all you want is nostalgia tours that are getting worse and worse. I'm at a loss for words when it comes to how many people are such massive sheep.

I just watched some of those clips. It's unreal. Axl's moves on stage are even a sad parody of himself. He's trying so hard to be him it's disgraceful.

Edited by Bono
  • Like 3

On June 7th, Billy Joel and GNR are going to be in Vegas at the same time, and they're a block away from each other, odds are the shows aren't going to overlap.

Axl can go over and sing You May Be Right (although Billy's been doing AC/DC covers), Billy can go play November Rain on piano.

No Trickery is a kinda piss take when you think about it, no trickery, at all. Expectations are met the first night since they've been lowering rapidly since 2010.

The negatives are split into two camps, the extremists who would curb stomp Axl's face if they saw him for not having a reunion. Then, the folk intrigued by his new gnr project but are severely disappointed in how he's chosen the parody route despite having the personnel, resources and talent to do several rungs better the last four years. I got no complaints, complaints, complaints about 2001-2010 apart from only one album, brilliant as it is, is criminal and I hope the stuff lying around isn't being butchered and tinkered to hell for a 2022 release.

No Trickery is a kinda piss take when you think about it, no trickery, at all. Expectations are met the first night since they've been lowering rapidly since 2010.

The negatives are split into two camps, the extremists who would curb stomp Axl's face if they saw him for not having a reunion. Then, the folk intrigued by his new gnr project but are severely disappointed in how he's chosen the parody route despite having the personnel, resources and talent to do several rungs better the last four years. I got no complaints, complaints, complaints about 2001-2010 apart from only one album, brilliant as it is, is criminal and I hope the stuff lying around isn't being butchered and tinkered to hell for a 2022 release.

Not butchering, perfecting. Not tinkering, just making it sound just right, like Axl's vocals in Scraped.

My respect for Tommy Stinson has gone through the roof lately, what with him openly mocking Ashba and his god awful guitar playing / schtick.

when the band's drunk acts more normal then Dj ashba, then he automatically gets +100 points in my book.

I'm glad someone in Guns N Roses can see past swag man's shit.

anyone have that gif of Tommy clapping at Dj ashba? I seriously laugh every time I see that for two reasons.

Ashba probably will look back on the footage and think Tommy is being genuine in his applause and 2, Tommy is clapping at him like he's just won the consolation prize in a competition where only idiots compete.

This is exactly what's gonna happen. First, your post is pure gold. Secondly, your sig is the best ever, period. Third, DJ has to be the worst thing that happened to GnR, period. Fourth, that Patience outro solo has to be one of the worst GnR performances... like, ever.

You hear the CD demos and barely anything has changed that warrants extensive tinkering, with Axl though it just has to be perfect in his own interpretations and if you can't let something go as a piece of work born from a certain period, problems follow and he didn't really trust anyone in the band around the CD release, especially since the two guys up and left, that must've took a lot out of him. CD was kinda wrenched out of his hands, we'd probably still be waiting for it if it weren't for leaks and label pressure.

Scraped is dodgy in the first half (that intro WTF :lol:) but I really like the second half, builds up nicely but ends a bit sudden.

A lot of negativity despite Axl's greatly improving over the past few shows (the last show being a bit weaker though)...and he's moving around the stage a lot more too!

I can't even believe there are still people like you on this planet. WTF kinda comment is that? Have you been living under a rock the past 15 years. You're complaining that despite Axl "greatly improving" the last few shows people are still negative. Like what are you getting at? That people should be thrilled that Axl is getting better? Axl's not getting better and this band is not delivering anything to fans. NOTHING. They are milking this whole thing and it's fans like you who allow it to happen. Honestly take your rose coloured shades off. At this point there really is nothing to not be negative about unless of course all you want is nostalgia tours that are getting worse and worse. I'm at a loss for words when it comes to how many people are such massive sheep.

I just watched some of those clips. It's unreal. Axl's moves on stage are even a sad parody of himself. He's trying so hard to be him it's disgraceful.

Haha! He doesn't give a shit of what you think. Fact is: he is getting better. That's all I'm saying.

Have a good day

• Like 1

Pa5 - I used a Sony Rx1 for most of my shots. I had a backup camera which took alright pictures. That one is the Ricoh Gr.

For those that want to see the rest of my images, they are now up http://tony-trujillo.com/p963291071

p416995967-5.jpg

p131787272-5.jpg

p382904995-4.jpg

p218423743-4.jpg

Gah, I wish I could afford the RX1 <_< I noticed on your site that you used an RX100 for the Golden Gods show. Are you happy with that? I'm looking to upgrade my compact sometime in the near future, and this has been one that I'm heavily considering.

great photos, did axl whizz hisself in the middle one? wtf?

Is he a dying dog or something?

He's moving a bit more! So it's all good guys!

This forum is so funny. Admittedly i haven't been the biggest fan of Axl's voice over the last couple of years compared to 2010,but i watched some videos from this gig and thought he sounded so, so much better. Seemed slightly (only slightly) slimmer to me too and seemed to be much more mobile.

Chinese democracy, jungle, "and please remember" part in don't cry sounded epic with that rasp, etc.

Then i come on here and there's such heavy criticism, haha. Makes you wonder if the band's even aware of any criticism, since people who actually go to the shows always have such a great time too.

Not talking about that ashba patience solo btw, that was pretty bad lol

Also, it's incredible how much like his old self Axl looks when he just wears the bandana. No idea why he always wears a hat and glasses. Glasses are cool at times and he did used to use them before, but he looks like a different person with those and a hat on.

Edited by OJones90
  • Like 2

*claps*