May 21st, 2014 - Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery!

is there a vid of nic cage yet?

axlh.jpg

Wtf...he could have worn a straight hair wig and looked very similar to his 90's self! People would have gone nuts if he returned in 2006 with the straight hair.

People went nuts anyway. The recluse was back and we all loved it!!!

Wtf...he could have worn a straight hair wig and looked very similar to his 90's self! People would have gone nuts if he returned in 2006 with the straight hair.

I thought he looked awesome with the braids, you just don't expect him to pull off a look like that. Axl could've had a skinhead in 2006-2010 and he would've rocked it lol.

Those shades are fairly shiny I wonder who cleans them. It's cool cause you almost get an Axl pov from them.

What are those band-aid looking things on his fingers?

Edit: :fuckyou:

I was going to ask that but decided it might be a really obvious answer that everyone but me knew. Lol

Having given it some thought it's either to stop his rings sliding off if his hands get sweaty or to give better grip on the mic. Perhaps both.

axlh.jpg

That makes me so friggin sad. He could have done so much with the last decade of his life. 2000-2010, looking like that.

Cheerleaders keep asking why some of us are really losing it lately and i've just realised that it's basically really starting to sink in that the 'dream' of everything Axl and we wanted NewGuns to be is over. Even if he puts out another record one day and brings a degree of fire back, he's never going to be the shit again. At any point until 2010 he could have stolen another moment as a hot, badass mutherfucker and been the no.1 rockstar in the world again for a while, especially with the way he looked in January 02 or 06-07.

• Like 1

I was going to ask that but decided it might be a really obvious answer that everyone but me knew. Lol

Having given it some thought it's either to stop his rings sliding off if his hands get sweaty or to give better grip on the mic. Perhaps both.

It won't be for a better grip on the mic. There's no need for that. The band-aids are only on the fingers with the rings.

It won't be for a better grip on the mic. There's no need for that. The band-aids are only on the fingers with the rings.
Well spotted. Rings it is. Guess he doesn't want to be tossing them into the audience with the mic, they are probably worth a bit!
  • Like 1

I think it's just because it's cut shorter and slightly layered. That brings out natural wave, he must have blow dried it straight in the nineties.

<ponders what is wrong with my life to be discussing a 52 year old strangers hair on a Friday night>

:-D

• Like 2

It's been a long time guys. Looks like not much has changed. At some point I hope everyone on this forum can just accept what they have, enjoy it if they can, or move on. It's just not healthy complaining about something that you can't change, nor will ever change. The negative energy just makes those reading feel bad and those dishing it out feel bad. Axl Rose is a man who has decided to live his life the way he wanted to live it. I'm sure he's having a lot of fun, even if most of you aren't. What we all need to realize is as fans, he doesn't really owe us anything. But we expect stuff from him. But come on now. It's 2014 and by now nobody should be ignorant enough to expect the things I've been reading in this thread. Even worse, the whole "what could have been" road is tantamount to driving a car off a cliff. Why do it?

No you know just the other day I was having a bad day and the song prostitute came into my head. And I sang it as I walked down the street and I was happy that Axl gave us such an amazing song. Did I say, "fuck, why didn't they market this song better?" No. I just enjoyed it.

I understand that calling this band guns n roses is a hard pill to swallow. And hearing Slash's solos fall flat hurts. So why watch? There's so many youtube videos of what once was, just watch those. The people at the shows probably just had a good time.

The only thing I'll say "negative" at this point is this - it's sad to see the band's relationship to the music is somewhat gone. You can only sing a song so many times before the memories of that song and why you wrote it fade. It's like the memories of a girl you once loved. I would think new music would solve this, but clearly Axl does not have a fire to sing the new unheard stuff, or he would. Or maybe there's some record label block, but I don't think so.

So that's it. Nothing new. No reason to complain anymore. Get out there. Live. Find a hobby or board with more positive energy. Peace and love,

Kaneda

• Like 2

It's been a long time guys. Looks like not much has changed. At some point I hope everyone on this forum can just accept what they have, enjoy it if they can, or move on. It's just not healthy complaining about something that you can't change, nor will ever change. The negative energy just makes those reading feel bad and those dishing it out feel bad. Axl Rose is a man who has decided to live his life the way he wanted to live it. I'm sure he's having a lot of fun, even if most of you aren't. What we all need to realize is as fans, he doesn't really owe us anything. But we expect stuff from him. But come on now. It's 2014 and by now nobody should be ignorant enough to expect the things I've been reading in this thread. Even worse, the whole "what could have been" road is tantamount to driving a car off a cliff. Why do it?

No you know just the other day I was having a bad day and the song prostitute came into my head. And I sang it as I walked down the street and I was happy that Axl gave us such an amazing song. Did I say, "fuck, why didn't they market this song better?" No. I just enjoyed it.

I understand that calling this band guns n roses is a hard pill to swallow. And hearing Slash's solos fall flat hurts. So why watch? There's so many youtube videos of what once was, just watch those. The people at the shows probably just had a good time.

The only thing I'll say "negative" at this point is this - it's sad to see the band's relationship to the music is somewhat gone. You can only sing a song so many times before the memories of that song and why you wrote it fade. It's like the memories of a girl you once loved. I would think new music would solve this, but clearly Axl does not have a fire to sing the new unheard stuff, or he would. Or maybe there's some record label block, but I don't think so.

So that's it. Nothing new. No reason to complain anymore. Get out there. Live. Find a hobby or board with more positive energy. Peace and love,

Kaneda

Are you 100% sure that you're the same Kaneda who spent year after year posting long rants about nuGnR?

• Like 1

Same Kaneda my friend. And I regret being so negative about them. When I did something positive, the Dr Pepper campaign popped. Since then I decided why be so negative about this band. It is what it is. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and being pissed off about NuGNR is so expected and counter productive these days. It's also sort of pointless, no?

Kaneda

Are you 100% sure that you're the same Kaneda who spent year after year posting long rants about nuGnR?

Pa5 - I used a Sony Rx1 for most of my shots. I had a backup camera which took alright pictures. That one is the Ricoh Gr.

For those that want to see the rest of my images, they are now up http://tony-trujillo.com/p963291071

p416995967-5.jpg

p131787272-5.jpg

p382904995-4.jpg

p218423743-4.jpg

Dude... forgive me for saying this again, because I know I've already told you this personally, but, Jee-zuz-CHRIST your work is insane!! These pictures: how edited are they, or are they pretty much just like, "raw?" Or if you would prefer not to say, that's cool and understandable too, but honestly man, holy shit. Such gorgeous, beautiful shots.

Well spotted. Rings it is. Guess he doesn't want to be tossing them into the audience with the mic, they are probably worth a bit!

What the hell size rings is he wearing that they could come flying off his hand? :lol:

I think if you cut off at 2010 a lot of the fans of new GNR would be happy, it's good that Axl is still performing but it's just a shadow of what it once was and he's using the time he could continue what he started, he had a lot of avid fans backing him on here for good reasons, Chinese Democracy and the live shows, the guys in the band (Ashba the hardcores aren't so sold on) had a shit ton of potential... only to do this. Where Estranged, Civil War (great additions and to see Axl sing again) and Duff joining for a week are the only signs of 'progress' since then. If he'd just come out and say 'gonna put a new album out in 2015' or 'I'm done, label rejected it, haven't got the energy to go thru it all again, CD is cathartic' it'd save a hell of a lot of supposing and contemplating.

Pa5 - I used a Sony Rx1 for most of my shots. I had a backup camera which took alright pictures. That one is the Ricoh Gr.

For those that want to see the rest of my images, they are now up http://tony-trujillo.com/p963291071

p382904995-4.jpg

Dude... forgive me for saying this again, because I know I've already told you this personally, but, Jee-zuz-CHRIST your work is insane!! These pictures: how edited are they, or are they pretty much just like, "raw?" Or if you would prefer not to say, that's cool and understandable too, but honestly man, holy shit. Such gorgeous, beautiful shots.

There wasn't much editing needed. The camera I used was at a fixed focal length, so I couldn't zoom in or our, so I did just some cropping and added a bit of contrast/blacks to the image which was about it. I'm always adjusting my shutter speed so what I see in the camera LCD screen is the shot I get.

I like how the nuthugger mods are locking threads/deleting negative posts while the band is imploding,

You're not Jarmo - let it go.

Because just since you think the band is "imploding" doesn't mean everyone else does, nor do they want to read about it.

Believe it or not, people are still interested and enjoy Guns N' Roses and the new band, "new" setlist or not, and they don't want to read all of the bitching and complaining constantly. Some people just want to come into a show thread and see the setlists, some pictures and some videos. People shouldn't have to sift through 30+ pages because 20 of them are made up of people bitching about the name of the fucking tour or because the band played Knockin' On Heaven's Door for 11 minutes instead of 10.

You can't understand how people still care? Others can't understand why people still give enough of a shit to complain and bitch in 90% of their posts in this section.

I'm not saying people who don't care anymore should not post here - there has to be some sort of difference in opinions. But, if all you do is bitch after each show and performance that shows up, what are you providing to the forum besides another post someone has to scroll over that has no input?[/quote I]

I agree. Well said. Quit crying so much about how Rose looks, the set list and whatever else. Nobody promised you anything and the solution is So Easy. .......stop going to the shows and following this band.

Going to a show and then getting on this forum to bitch about your experience there is really fucking ga.y

Edited by RECKLESS

This guy who was severely upset at the complaining on a thread in this forum once described the whiners as coming to a restaurant each night so they could just shit on the floor all night, and people like him were faithful, paying customers who just wanted to chill and eat there but had to put up with the stench and unwelcoming atmosphere. It was some of the funniest shit I ever read, I'm a new guns fan but the last four years have been pretty uninspired even though it's better than a hibernation period (if they weren't recording'. I remember a quote from it, it was;

''To the people shitting on the floor, it is a logically sound concept to go to a restaurant you do not like simply to shit on the floor and ruin it for everyone who wants to eat there. ''

Which is a fair point but then again there's much constructive and warranted criticism, mixed in with the usual 'everything post-96 GNR is fucking shit, REUNION and just want to lol and pour acid on Axl's ginger countenance at every opportunity.