May 21st, 2014 - Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery!

With all due respect I think it's unfair that you say you have 'inside information' but won't disclose where it came from. I don't expect you to name names of course but an area within the band's circle who is credible enough to give this information would be nice. It's a bit like a kid saying "I know something you don't know", then leaving so much speculation that BBF is leaving, maybe DJ or Tommy are leaving, people already naming guitarists as replacements when you don't disclose where this information actually comes from. Major issues behind the scenes during the SA tour & changes in general could be anything from a change of lineup or Duff taking over from time to time so others can do their projects without actually leaving. It's like the Axl is retiring rumour, what little you give is turning into pages and pages of what could be happening. I realise you want to be the first to get in with information before Jarmo (unless he's your source of info) but it does take the shine off these shows when you know something might be happening that will make fans unhappy when the band seem to be happy with each other on stage. It's likely now BBF is dealing with hundreds of tweets asking him i he's leaving which is going to drive him nuts. :shrugs:

Absolutely correct.He's just big timing us with his "I'm so plugged in" routine. And damn it to hell how much he'd love to tell us, but...can't.
Bullshit to both of you.

What do you want me to say? Would you rather I don't tell you for fear of spoiling the shows? Wtf!?

It may not happen but I 100% believe the story to be correct. Some of you are ungrateful tbh.... No prob if you'd prefer me not to say anything in future when I k ow many are interested. Like most reliable stories I can't release my source so if THATS what's putting you off the story, your issue not mine.

It is what it Is - take it for what it's worth or moan about "same source who said 2/3 new songs waaaaaaaaaaa - no offence I don't give a shit.

Uk Subs I did say 'with respect' as I'm sure running a forum is no easy job you do possibly for nothing more than your love of GnR.

I don't go along with D-Gen that you're big timing yourself & making it seem you are with the 'in crowd' of people behind the band, in answer to your question I personally would rather you kept the info to yourself until it's more definite. You are saying yourself it may not happen - sounds like your info source is doing to you what you're doing to us, dangling a carrot in front of us that we cannot reach.

It wouldn't be a surprise if BBF left but again on a personal note I think that will take away the 'fun' side of the band as he's the one who likes to meet fans, relates well to us when we do meet & treats everyone the same regardless. That was just my experience anyway, he was the easiest to relate to and makes himself available even at the hotel lobby as we saw recently on tour.

However if you're not happy in your job you leave, but considering the way he says he was treated when he joined up will the band accept another guitarist or give them the cold shoulder routine they gave him? How long would they stay in that case?

Other members of the forum might feel completely opposite to me & want you to give us tidbits from your source & that's ok too.

All I ask is that if you are correct in what you say you don't come back to me and say "Told you so" :lol: It's not that I don't believe you, it's just that it's only a rumour at this stage but I would prefer Guns n Roses with BBF same as others prefer BH or Robin or Slash.

:bbf:

Why does he keep looking at the piano keys? He gets too away from the mic and you can barely hear him.

So he can play the piano?

That's the obvious answer. However, by doing that several times, he's getting distracted and you can't hear his voice in the mic. First time I have noticed this. :shrugs:

It's because he's also wearing black shades ¬¬

He needs to see the keys so he doesnt hit the wrong ones and looking through dark shades is difficult, so he has to focus the sight on the keys.... Also microphone is a bit higher than it should be... In the begining he fixes it a bit but it doesnt help.

If he'd get rid of all those layers of crap, he could see better!

What a beautiful clear clip this is, love the way he lifts himself up to the mic at the beginning & tries to adjust it. It is too high for him there & I do wonder why the hell he has to wear the bloody shades - is it the lighting or is it to look "cool"?

If he'd get rid of all those layers he probably wouldn't get half the crap people say about him, and as for the hats <_<<_<

With all due respect I think it's unfair that you say you have 'inside information' but won't disclose where it came from. I don't expect you to name names of course but an area within the band's circle who is credible enough to give this information would be nice. It's a bit like a kid saying "I know something you don't know", then leaving so much speculation that BBF is leaving, maybe DJ or Tommy are leaving, people already naming guitarists as replacements when you don't disclose where this information actually comes from. Major issues behind the scenes during the SA tour & changes in general could be anything from a change of lineup or Duff taking over from time to time so others can do their projects without actually leaving. It's like the Axl is retiring rumour, what little you give is turning into pages and pages of what could be happening. I realise you want to be the first to get in with information before Jarmo (unless he's your source of info) but it does take the shine off these shows when you know something might be happening that will make fans unhappy when the band seem to be happy with each other on stage. It's likely now BBF is dealing with hundreds of tweets asking him i he's leaving which is going to drive him nuts. :shrugs:

Absolutely correct.He's just big timing us with his "I'm so plugged in" routine. And damn it to hell how much he'd love to tell us, but...can't.
Bullshit to both of you.

What do you want me to say? Would you rather I don't tell you for fear of spoiling the shows? Wtf!?

It may not happen but I 100% believe the story to be correct. Some of you are ungrateful tbh.... No prob if you'd prefer me not to say anything in future when I k ow many are interested. Like most reliable stories I can't release my source so if THATS what's putting you off the story, your issue not mine.

It is what it Is - take it for what it's worth or moan about "same source who said 2/3 new songs waaaaaaaaaaa - no offence I don't give a shit.

Uk Subs I did say 'with respect' as I'm sure running a forum is no easy job you do possibly for nothing more than your love of GnR.

I don't go along with D-Gen that you're big timing yourself & making it seem you are with the 'in crowd' of people behind the band, in answer to your question I personally would rather you kept the info to yourself until it's more definite. You are saying yourself it may not happen - sounds like your info source is doing to you what you're doing to us, dangling a carrot in front of us that we cannot reach.

It wouldn't be a surprise if BBF left but again on a personal note I think that will take away the 'fun' side of the band as he's the one who likes to meet fans, relates well to us when we do meet & treats everyone the same regardless. That was just my experience anyway, he was the easiest to relate to and makes himself available even at the hotel lobby as we saw recently on tour.

However if you're not happy in your job you leave, but considering the way he says he was treated when he joined up will the band accept another guitarist or give them the cold shoulder routine they gave him? How long would they stay in that case?

Other members of the forum might feel completely opposite to me & want you to give us tidbits from your source & that's ok too.

All I ask is that if you are correct in what you say you don't come back to me and say "Told you so" :lol: It's not that I don't believe you, it's just that it's only a rumour at this stage but I would prefer Guns n Roses with BBF same as others prefer BH or Robin or Slash.

:bbf:

I didn't read any of that except that you would rather him not give us info.

Please Uk and whoever else keep giving us any info, god knows the band and whoever runs it has given us nothing. No new music, no future plans, no info whatsoever comes from Gnr. That's why I come here hoping to get info on the band that for some reason I still follow, even though they do the same thing continuously. If it wasn't for this forum I probably wouldn't follow guns n roses, besides on twitter and Facebook, and they are worthless at social media.

At 16:19 in the 31 minute video on Don't Cry you can hear Axl goes too deep on rasp and struggles to get "sugar" out haha he picks it up nicely though.

It also sounds like his voice is strained at times. I think as he plays these shows he'll warm up those vocals and sound decent.

I thought the clips sound pretty good. The venue has great sound IMO.

Also thought Better sounded strong. Thought Axl ripped it... I am going end of the residency, so I am pumped for the performance after being used to it, and not having any shows scheduled afterwards.

The setup looks much more scaled down, and it actually grew on me the more I watched the clips. Seems easier to see the band from the last residency.

Only concern is the set list (I really don't bitch about anything else...). Hope we get some CD songs or simply some change in order.

Anyone who was there think the stage set up was better/worse than last residency?

Axl sounds fine on the past 3 shows, including this one. And he did very well at Better, I could live with this being his standard for vocal performance, if everything else worked as it is supposed to in a proper band (fan interaction, material being released etc.).

This tour makes it evident though that he uses sold out packed shows to warm up his voice during the course of a tour, and this is cuntish behaviour towards fans who attend the first few shows.

At 16:19 in the 31 minute video on Don't Cry you can hear Axl goes too deep on rasp and struggles to get "sugar" out haha he picks it up nicely though.

It also sounds like his voice is strained at times. I think as he plays these shows he'll warm up those vocals and sound decent.

He should sing all the songs with that chest voice rasp.

It looks really easy for him to hit, but I think he would struggle on sped up songs with that voice. He would run out of breath fairly fast.

Holy shit, that stage production is fucking awful. What the fuck were they thinking with the KISS lighting rigs?

Who is Me. Brownstone?

Lasers...yep, that's right. Fucking lasers.

It's over.

Trashy pole dancers are back

Lasers...yep, that's right. Fucking lasers.

It's over.

Calm down, lasers are the least of our worries right now.

I was joking.

So your idea of a joke is to repeatedly denigrate and deride the band that you purport to be a fan of - just for a laugh and regardless of whether you actually mean it (meanwhile clamouring for other members to be banned for the offence of trolling)? :thumbsup:

• Like 1

It looks really easy for him to hit, but I think he would struggle on sped up songs with that voice. He would run out of breath fairly fast.

Yeah, but less forced, I can do that kind of rasp, its chest voice and million times easier than falsetto, Axl forces it too much, maybe he hasnt played too much with it to find the "spot", he can balance it with his normal voice.

Well what do I know, Im not a singer but I dont think he has been looking for new ways of singing that sound better with less effort, but that type of rasp is a good option.

Besides Bumble leaving, I wonder what the other changes will be. DJ, Fortus, Dizzy, Chris and Frank don't look like they're leaving any time soon. Wonder if Tommy will be swapped out for Duff? More from Izzy (songs, live appearances)? A DJ-led album?

Regarding the show, this photo from HTGTH shows some stage production:

BoOdVW_IYAAruVM.jpg

I must confess that when Axl hired the drummer from Primus, the NIN guitar player, Buckethead, the Replacements bassist, a keyboardist who worked for Tool, etc... to play in his band, the last thing I expected was to see this guy in his 50s hiding his fat body and face, between a pole dancer and a sparkly skull with they sayings "Rock n' Roll" in it, in Las Vegas. Axl is a joke, can't help but laugh.

I must confess that Axl Rose while at times has been pudgy, but you continuing to call this guy in the pic who cant be more than what 155-160 fat is just a symptom of you delusion. I don't know what you look like, but I am willing to bet you are "fatter" than he is. A fat neck from bad plastic surgery does not make a guy fat dude, I get it, you are upset you could not go to Vegas, but I saw him last year twice, and he was heavier than this and he was not 170 even. He is a little dude with skinny arms and big legs.

You wish you were that fat.

Edited by Gunzen
  • Like 1

I must confess that Axl Rose while at times has been pudgy, but you continuing to call this guy in the pic who cant be more than what 155-160 fat is just a symptom of you delusion. I don't know what you look like, but I am willing to bet you are "fatter" than he is. A fat neck from bad plastic surgery does not make a guy fat dude, I get it, you are upset you could not go to Vegas, but I saw him last year twice, and he was heavier than this and he was not 170 even. He is a little dude with skinny and big legs.

:rofl-lol:

tumblr_n5w56z6wty1qi31vgo1_500.jpg

^Arriving in Vegas. He ate someone who weighed 155.

I think as he plays these shows he'll warm up those vocals and sound decent.

People have been saying the same thing since 2011. Not true - his voice is gone.

Well to be fair I didn't say he'd sound great. I just think if you compare what he did last night to the last show of the gig that you will notice a difference in terms of voice strength. I don't think he will sound amazing, but it will be decent.

Gunzen, on 22 May 2014 - 8:13 PM, said:Gunzen, on 22 May 2014 - 8:13 PM, said:
ProstituteComa, on 22 May 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:ProstituteComa, on 22 May 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:
Amir, on 22 May 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:Amir, on 22 May 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

Besides Bumble leaving, I wonder what the other changes will be. DJ, Fortus, Dizzy, Chris and Frank don't look like they're leaving any time soon. Wonder if Tommy will be swapped out for Duff? More from Izzy (songs, live appearances)? A DJ-led album?

Regarding the show, this photo from HTGTH shows some stage production:

BoOdVW_IYAAruVM.jpg

I must confess that when Axl hired the drummer from Primus, the NIN guitar player, Buckethead, the Replacements bassist, a keyboardist who worked for Tool, etc... to play in his band, the last thing I expected was to see this guy in his 50s hiding his fat body and face, between a pole dancer and a sparkly skull with they sayings "Rock n' Roll" in it, in Las Vegas. Axl is a joke, can't help but laugh.

I must confess that Axl Rose while at times has been pudgy, but you continuing to call this guy in the pic who cant be more than what 155-160 fat is just a symptom of you delusion. I don't know what you look like, but I am willing to bet you are "fatter" than he is. A fat neck from bad plastic surgery does not make a guy fat dude, I get it, you are upset you could not go to Vegas, but I saw him last year twice, and he was heavier than this and he was not 170 even. He is a little dude with skinny arms and big legs.

Comparing him to a average forum user doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. We average people don't have millions of dollars to spend on a personal trainer and a vocal coach, so comparing any of us to Axl Rose is ridiculous and downright idiotic. But, I know it's kind of hard to compare him to other musician's because their aren't many who have his money and fame, yet don't care about their weight or their voice. We could compare him to someone like Bruce Springsteen, but that'll just bury your argument more deeper. I mean, they guy's 64 and he's in better shape than more of people half his age.

article-2574448-1BEEACC400000578-27_634x

Edited by GNR123GNR456

People have been saying the same thing since 2011. Not true - his voice is gone.

I don't expect him to get better than where he's at now, but he's so fuckin weird, he's all over the place vocally in almost every 'faster' song, and he even bounces around a bit in songs like Patience and NR. He'll sing half a verse like mickey mouse, half a verse like classic Axl, then do some weird shit in the next part. But his voice is definitely not gone. It's on it's way, yea, but if he got in shape and could actually breathe during the songs he'd sound way better.

I don't expect him to get better than where he's at now, but he's so fuckin weird, he's all over the place vocally in almost every 'faster' song, and he even bounces around a bit in songs like Patience and NR. He'll sing half a verse like mickey mouse, half a verse like classic Axl, then do some weird shit in the next part. But his voice is definitely not gone. It's on it's way, yea, but if he got in shape and could actually breathe during the songs he'd sound way better.dude i was reading your

i was reading your post and had to remind myself i wasnt actually typing what i was reading!!