May 21st, 2014 - Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery!

I like how the nuthugger mods are locking threads/deleting negative posts while the band is imploding,

You're not Jarmo - let it go.

If we were truly censoring people or deleting posts, you'd have been gone by now and posts such as these wouldn't be around. I think you're being extremely ignorant and taking things a bit out of context. The other topic was locked because we were told it was false, and then GN'R's official Twitter account even denied its validity.

Do I, personally, think it could be true? Let's put it this way, I don't think Radar Online would make something up for no reason about GN'R since it's not exactly something their reader demographic would be interested in. They must have been convinced it was a true story, and maybe it was at one point, but things change on a daily basis with this band. As of now Axl apparently claims to not be planning to retire, so why would we keep the thread open when we've been told through two different venues that it's a false rumour?

As for BS, give the guy a break. He's human. Just because we moderate topics doesn't mean we're always going to be 100% objective or faultless.

i agree, also radar online in the past has broken a lot of legit stuff, yeah they are a tabloid site but they are a tabloid site that gets a lot of things right. i doubt they are all that interested in gnr on a day to day basis, so to report axl rose and gnr are quitting that is pretty significant. gnr management and the band can say bullshit all they want, but it is hard to take whatever they say seriously.

Incidentally, I think enough time has past that I can say that BBF told me during the last residency that the band had worked up 3 completely different sets to rotate to keep things fresh but nothing came of it.

I'd rather know shit like that and that people are trying to make shit happen than not know it, if only because it confirms that old ginger balls is the problem.

Interesting info.

I think if Bumblefoot leaves after the residency it will be bad news for GN'R in general. Regardless of whether Axl 'officially' retires we could very well be looking at another 2002 scenario, where he simply disappears and the band kind of unofficially goes on a looong hiatus, except this time he has less of an incentive to come back - no new album (or at least nothing tentative as we had with our awareness of the existence of ChiDem ten years ago), nothing left to prove really, and he'll be over 50 and approaching retirement age anyway.

Besides Bumble leaving, I wonder what the other changes will be. DJ, Fortus, Dizzy, Chris and Frank don't look like they're leaving any time soon. Wonder if Tommy will be swapped out for Duff? More from Izzy (songs, live appearances)? A DJ-led album?

Regarding the show, this photo from HTGTH shows some stage production:

BoOdVW_IYAAruVM.jpg

Incidentally, I think enough time has past that I can say that BBF told me during the last residency that the band had worked up 3 completely different sets to rotate to keep things fresh but nothing came of it.

I'd rather know shit like that and that people are trying to make shit happen than not know it, if only because it confirms that old ginger balls is the problem.

This is kind of interesting, and really the only thing that would help DJ's comments make sense. Maybe he gets told things will change, says it in an interview, and then nothing actually changes.

I like how the nuthugger mods are locking threads/deleting negative posts while the band is imploding,

Because just since you think the band is "imploding" doesn't mean everyone else does, nor do they want to read about it.

Believe it or not, people are still interested and enjoy Guns N' Roses and the new band, "new" setlist or not, and they don't want to read all of the bitching and complaining constantly. Some people just want to come into a show thread and see the setlists, some pictures and some videos. People shouldn't have to sift through 30+ pages because 20 of them are made up of people bitching about the name of the fucking tour or because the band played Knockin' On Heaven's Door for 11 minutes instead of 10.

You can't understand how people still care? Others can't understand why people still give enough of a shit to complain and bitch in 90% of their posts in this section.

I'm not saying people who don't care anymore should not post here - there has to be some sort of difference in opinions. But, if all you do is bitch after each show and performance that shows up, what are you providing to the forum besides another post someone has to scroll over that has no input?

That's not members fault. Its yours.

I saw this thread opened like 3 days before the concert. What's the need for that? Of course people will start filling it with crap if they have 72 hours ahead the show... what can you possibly talk about 3 days before a show?

I suggest for next show you open the thread the same day. And this thread should be over now, given the fact that no more attendees have dropped to give more info on it.

This is kind of interesting, and really the only thing that would help DJ's comments make sense. Maybe he gets told things will change, says it in an interview, and then nothing actually changes.

I remember Bumble venting online after one of the first shows at the last residency where he said they had a lot planned and nothing came of it, in response to complaints about setlists.

Here we go, found it:

WS9zX.png

Besides Bumble leaving, I wonder what the other changes will be. DJ, Fortus, Dizzy, Chris and Frank don't look like they're leaving any time soon. Wonder if Tommy will be swapped out for Duff? More from Izzy (songs, live appearances)? A DJ-led album?

BoOdVW_IYAAruVM.jpg

I must confess that when Axl hired the drummer from Primus, the NIN guitar player, Buckethead, the Replacements bassist, a keyboardist who worked for Tool, etc... to play in his band, the last thing I expected was to see this guy in his 50s hiding his fat body and face, between a pole dancer and a sparkly skull with they sayings "Rock n' Roll" in it, in Las Vegas. Axl is a joke, can't help but laugh.

• Like 3

If we were truly censoring people or deleting posts, you'd have been gone by now and posts such as these wouldn't be around. I think you're being extremely ignorant and taking things a bit out of context. The other topic was locked because we were told it was false, and then GN'R's official Twitter account even denied its validity.

Do I, personally, think it could be true? Let's put it this way, I don't think Radar Online would make something up for no reason about GN'R since it's not exactly something their reader demographic would be interested in. They must have been convinced it was a true story, and maybe it was at one point, but things change on a daily basis with this band. As of now Axl apparently claims to not be planning to retire, so why would we keep the thread open when we've been told through two different venues that it's a false rumour?

As for BS, give the guy a break. He's human. Just because we moderate topics doesn't mean we're always going to be 100% objective or faultless.

Locking it is what makes people more desperate and all you get is more threads opened about the same topic becasue people want to TALK.

You should have left that one open and post a reply with the GNR Official Twitter statement right away. That kills the rumour.

Following comments wwould have been about the rumour being killed and not about it being true or not.

Story from the last residency:

"Very interesting thing happened on heretodaygonetohell.com tonight. A fan from last night's show posted a photo of himself with Bumblefoot.

Within minutes, a bunch of posts were deleted. Here is what the original poster wrote:

Since I was GA for this show I wanted to make sure I was front row so I arrived 6 hours early to wait in line. By showing up so early I was able to stand outside of the doors to The Joint and listen to the soundcheck. Each member with the exception of Axl came out 1 by 1 after soundcheck and took a picture with me. Here in this picture is me and Bumblefoot who came out of soundcheck screaming fuck this and fuck that and about how he didn't sign up to be in a pop band and can't stand all this pop bullshit going on. I asked him to take this picture with me and his response was 'Sure, this will be the last picture of me in this fucking band!' <---- exact quote.."

• Like 3

Interesting info.

I think if Bumblefoot leaves after the residency it will be bad news for GN'R in general. Regardless of whether Axl 'officially' retires we could very well be looking at another 2002 scenario, where he simply disappears and the band kind of unofficially goes on a looong hiatus, except this time he has less of an incentive to come back - no new album (or at least nothing tentative as we had with our awareness of the existence of ChiDem ten years ago), nothing left to prove really, and he'll be over 50 and approaching retirement age anyway.

Jeez, yeah. When you put everything together it really wouldn't be that surprising if this turns out to be the end. Especially when you factor in that Axl feels completely betrayed, rejected and unappreciated by the core fanbase.

I literally no fuck all about the business side in terms of the label and contracts etc but I can't envisage any kind of scenario where they'd be knocking on Axl's door, really interested in any kind of GNR record at this point that wasn't part of a reunion.

Man. Who would have thought back in 2003-2005 that 5.5 years after the album eventually came out that we'd be even more down than we were then with even less hope of some kind of redemption and renaissance for Axl.

As far as him actually retiring goes, I remember him saying at some point around CD's release that 'I hope to be making music for many years to come.' It'd be nice to think that even if he gave up Guns for whatever reason that he'd still get in the studio.

In the meantime isn't there a multi-millionaire or even billionaire out there reading this who happens to love Axl and Chinese as much as we do who'd pay the record company to release all the stuff in the vault???

Locking it is what makes people more desperate and all you get is more threads opened about the same topic becasue people want to TALK.

You should have left that one open and post a reply with the GNR Official Twitter statement right away. That kills the rumour.

Following comments wwould have been about the rumour being killed and not about it being true or not.

I didn't lock the thread, mate. I was simply explaining the reasoning behind it, which seems fair enough to me.

In the meantime isn't there a multi-millionaire or even billionaire out there reading this who happens to love Axl and Chinese as much as we do who'd pay the record company to release all the stuff in the vault???

As soon as I make my first hundred million I'll make an offer ;)

I didn't lock the thread, mate. I was simply explaining the reasoning behind it, which seems fair enough to me.

WHat you mean? you didnt lock it or that it isnt locked?

Cuz I see two threads regarding the "retirement rumour" locked.

Either way, I still think the first one shouldn't be locked. It should have a reply right after the post with the GNR statement. Whoever enters the forum to read about it, inmediately sees it is bullshit. Period.

"Very interesting thing happened on heretodaygonetohell.com tonight. A fan from last night's show posted a photo of himself with Bumblefoot.

Within minutes, a bunch of posts were deleted. Here is what the original poster wrote:

Since I was GA for this show I wanted to make sure I was front row so I arrived 6 hours early to wait in line. By showing up so early I was able to stand outside of the doors to The Joint and listen to the soundcheck. Each member with the exception of Axl came out 1 by 1 after soundcheck and took a picture with me. Here in this picture is me and Bumblefoot who came out of soundcheck screaming fuck this and fuck that and about how he didn't sign up to be in a pop band and can't stand all this pop bullshit going on. I asked him to take this picture with me and his response was 'Sure, this will be the last picture of me in this fucking band!' <---- exact quote.."

And yet after that temper tantrum BBF still finished 2012 with the band, toured in 2013, and has not missed a show in 2014 (yet).

LMFAO. 'Fuck this and fuck that and fucking pop bands and pole dancers and setlists and flying pianos!'

I wish there'd been a video of that shit XD

Absolutely.

And just to add some numbers to my point: Axl has 4-5 albums of music to choose, from Prince has 32 studio albums and Spingsteen has 18. It really makes a difference.

Yes true.. but Axl has been around since Ronald Reagan was president too... that 29+ years has the potential of at least 10 plus albums out there.. if not 15 to 20...given the early prolific ability that the original band seemed to enjoy.... not to mention thousands of other covers that could have been tossed in as well...

BoOdVW_IYAAruVM.jpg

I must confess that when Axl hired the drummer from Primus, the NIN guitar player, Buckethead, the Replacements bassist, a keyboardist who worked for Tool, etc... to play in his band, the last thing I expected was to see this guy in his 50s hiding his fat body and face, between a pole dancer and a sparkly skull with they sayings "Rock n' Roll" in it, in Las Vegas. Axl is a joke, can't help but laugh.

I understand why some people take offense to things like this but i'm not gonna lie, i spat my coffee everywhere.

So Bumblefoot's supposed departure and "Nicolas Cage is cool" and the piano riser that looks like someone built it in their backyard are the highlights of what this new residency has to offer?

I guess I'm not dropping everything and grabbing a flight to Vegas. :ph34r:

• Like 2

And yet after that temper tantrum BBF still finished 2012 with the band, toured in 2013, and has not missed a show in 2014 (yet).

The guy's gone through a lot of ups and downs. He brought out a shank against some band members in '06/'07. He contemplated suicide after he got badly fucked up in that car accident in '11. While I'm not saying that money isn't a factor, I do think he wanted his role in GNR to be something more artistically fulfilling, and to give more to the fans than the same old setlist over and over again.

So Bumblefoot's supposed departure and "Nicolas Cage is cool" and the piano riser that looks like someone built it in their backyard are the highlights of what this new residency has to offer?

I guess I'm not dropping everything and grabbing a flight to Vegas. :ph34r:

Hey man, you missed the Rock N' Roll neon sign.