May 21st, 2014 - Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery!

Tommy kind of seems to become a scarecrow and Axl inflates a little. I wonder why he stopped working out though, 2009 he started a little blotchy, that's where the infamous 'Axl Rose is obese' picture came from in the white shirt and his angryface but then got visibly fitter and the performances benefited from his improved cardio.

He said he hates working out or some shit like that in that metal show silent DJ interview.

^ lol Ashba is missing 100 notes in that solo. He's making a very simple version of those legendary solos. Why is he in Axl's band again? :facepalm:

Why are you surprised? DJ fucking up is expected. This is live. This is no trickery. He really is that shitty.

Edited by Rovim

Axl isn't fat. He is a little overweighted and has localized adiposity around the stomach area,

Basically he's a skinny guy with a big tummy. Some men age like that. And it's really hard to lose the fat in the tummy, specially after 40. Only solution to be flat again is liposuction.

More excuses for a 52-year-old multi-millionaire who wasn't that fat in 2010. Now, "it's really hard to lose the fact in the tummy" and, the fat in the tummy makes you out of breath every five seconds. Yeah, right.

Sometimes Axl fans don't get it but it's not about how Axl looks, but if those looks are affecting his performance, then people would definitely talk about it. For all I care, Axl can be as fat and as old as he wants, I shouldn't care, only if his performance is still great. I saw that his voice improved in the first gig of this new residency. Not something spectacular but decent enough to say it has "improved". That said, he's still out of breath and that's because he's fat.

Liposuction is not going to give him the air he needs. A regular work-out and not sitting on his ass after a gig would definitely do the trick. Whether he loses the fat or not, it's irrelevant.

I'm not trying to excuse him, I'm just stating some facts that you seem to want to ignore because you are probably in your early 20's and just like most young people you may believe that things are still easy after 40-50-60.

Actually, I was saying that I do not see Axl as a FAT person. He was a bit overweighted in Rio 2001. Then he lost a lot of that. And now he has some localized fat. In his stomach. Obviously, he DID work out and must have gone on a diet to lose that evident overweight he had in the early 2000's.

I don't know where you base that the problems with his voice are directly related to lack of training.... And that's where you are judging him without any proof whatsoever..... The problem with his vocals may be related to damage in the pipes, smoking, drugs, alcohol, lung disease, AGE and yes, lack of vocal and physical training too. But its not only one thing and the truth is we don't know Axl's medical history. Everybody, at his age, even the healthiest people, start having health problems. They come with age and its inevitable.

He didnt have a perfect life either.... Performing in the late night, every day or every other 2 days is heavy stuff and it gets worse when you age. So don't be so quick to jump on conclusions and judge him severely when none of us really know what his daily activities are.

• Like 2

The set up does seem to have taken a step back from the last residency... Based off of the small pictures and stuff we've seen so far at least.

Oh well, not going to judge anything based off of the pictures currently and I'm still 100% excited for when I go. I really hope Nic Cage stays in Vegas so I can try to meet him :awesomeface:

Don't know if this was posted yet, but here it goes, some pics of Nic.

1400779979000-492825647-10.jpg

5_21_14_B_guns_n_roses_joint_kabik-31-57

Edited by Lio
  • Like 1

Axl isn't fat. He is a little overweighted and has localized adiposity around the stomach area,

Basically he's a skinny guy with a big tummy. Some men age like that. And it's really hard to lose the fat in the tummy, specially after 40. Only solution to be flat again is liposuction.

You're telling me that this guy:

Axl-Rose-Plastic-Surgery-Photo-150x150.j

isn't above using surgery to fix self-perceived physical shortcomings?

While I would never support the use of plastic surgery to counteract that natural process of aging, I think it's rather humorous that Axl now opts for a purple leather jacket to cover up some belly jelly considering what he did to himself in the late 90s and early 2000s.

Well, probably after going for facial lifting he realized it's not worth to do it again? As in, all the pain from post-surgery, he doesn't wanna feel it or be in that situation one more time.

Do you think opening your skin with a knife is a pleasant experience??

More excuses for a 52-year-old multi-millionaire who wasn't that fat in 2010. Now, "it's really hard to lose the fact in the tummy" and, the fat in the tummy makes you out of breath every five seconds. Yeah, right.

Sometimes Axl fans don't get it but it's not about how Axl looks, but if those looks are affecting his performance, then people would definitely talk about it. For all I care, Axl can be as fat and as old as he wants, I shouldn't care, only if his performance is still great. I saw that his voice improved in the first gig of this new residency. Not something spectacular but decent enough to say it has "improved". That said, he's still out of breath and that's because he's fat.

Liposuction is not going to give him the air he needs. A regular work-out and not sitting on his ass after a gig would definitely do the trick. Whether he loses the fat or not, it's irrelevant.

I'm not trying to excuse him, I'm just stating some facts that you seem to want to ignore because you are probably in your early 20's and just like most young people you may believe that things are still easy after 40-50-60.

Actually, I was saying that I do not see Axl as a FAT person. He was a bit overweighted in Rio 2001. Then he lost a lot of that. And now he has some localized fat. In his stomach. Obviously, he DID work out and must have gone on a diet to lose that evident overweight he had in the early 2000's.

I don't know where you base that the problems with his voice are directly related to lack of training.... And that's where you are judging him without any proof whatsoever..... The problem with his vocals may be related to damage in the pipes, smoking, drugs, alcohol, lung disease, AGE and yes, lack of vocal and physical training too. But its not only one thing and the truth is we don't know Axl's medical history. Everybody, at his age, even the healthiest people, start having health problems. They come with age and its inevitable.

He didnt have a perfect life either.... Performing in the late night, every day or every other 2 days is heavy stuff and it gets worse when you age. So don't be so quick to jump on conclusions and judge him severely when none of us really know what his daily activities are.

There are no facts in your previous post. I'm not an old person, that doesn't change the fact that I have family, mother, father, uncles and grandparents. That's not the point, though.

You're ignoring the fact that he's out of breath and his voice has nothing to do with it. I only mentioned his voice because it's considered a big part of his overall performance. Get it? But let's forget about that for a second. The point I was trying to make is, there's only one reason as to why someone who is supposed to be a professional artist, who has performed around the world for more than 2 decades is now out of breath every 5 seconds, and that's lack of training. And it shows. You choose to sit on your ass 24/7, then when you run a couple of minutes you'll find yourself dying on stage.

Find another lame excuse for that. Other than the obvious one I just presented to you.

axlh.jpg

Wtf...he could have worn a straight hair wig and looked very similar to his 90's self! People would have gone nuts if he returned in 2006 with the straight hair.

Men wearing wigs don't come as natural or accepted as women doing it.....

I hate the cornrows and the hair he's got now too but maybe that's all he has left for hair...... Im tired of people wanting him to look like he did in his 20's or 30's.... Plus, Axl's got very fair skin... he's a redhead.... Redheads and caucasian people are known to age badly due to the fragility of their skin and hair.

I remember when he appeared at the HOF to induct Elton John, his hair was already starting to look bad, like straw, not shiny and silky as it used to. Besides, he never had a lot of hair to start with... I always knew he would have problems with his hair and probably bald sooner than expected.

There are no facts in your previous post. I'm not an old person, that doesn't change the fact that I have family, mother, father, uncles and grandparents. That's not the point, though.

You're ignoring the fact that he's out of breath and his voice has nothing to do with it. I only mentioned his voice because it's considered a big part of his overall performance. Get it? But let's forget about that for a second. The point I was trying to make is, there's only one reason as to why someone who is supposed to be a professional artist, who has performed around the world for more than 2 decades is now out of breath every 5 seconds, and that's lack of training. And it shows. You choose to sit on your ass 24/7, then when you run a couple of minutes you'll find yourself dying on stage.

Find another lame excuse for that. Other than the obvious one I just presented to you.

I'm sorry but I don't notice that "breathlessness" you speak about.... At least, not as a thing that it is utterly outstanding in his performances. What I do notice is lack of energy in his singing. As if he was singing too low. His singing varies a lot during a given song. At times you can barely hear him and other times, he yells like a newborn. Since I'm not an expert in music or singing, I can't affirm this problem is directly related to lack of physical training.

If it's not the voice, then what is the fact that makes you think he's out of breath every 5 seconds? :blink:

He might have thyroid issues. Happens to a lot of people as they age. A thicker neck and stomach area weight gain are symptoms and it can affect the voice.

Could be a range of things including general inactivity between shows although the shows themselves must be a decent work out. He's not fat though just not as lithe as he was a few years back. Maybe being in better shape would help the voice or maybe not but it's not reasonable to constantly bash him for it without knowledge of his medical history (which isn't our business really).

• Like 2

^ lol Ashba is missing 100 notes in that solo. He's making a very simple version of those legendary solos. Why is he in Axl's band again? :facepalm:

Why are you surprised? DJ fucking up is expected. This is live. This is no trickery. He really is that shitty.

Are we talking about estranged? Maybe I missed it as I watched it on my phone, but as a vocal critic of DJ I didn't think it was that bad. The cringe inducing bends were prevalent but he played the solo pretty much as is I thought. Edited by TeeJay410

It seems hypocritical to be criticising the "revolving door" that is GNR now. Hasn't it always been this way? The pre-AFD lineups, the UYI lineup, etc.

The real difference though is that GnR used to release music on a really consistent basis.

Now GnR is basically just a touring band.

If tours are your thing - then you are probably pretty happy about this group.

If you are fans of new music - then you don't have much to be happy about.

Personally, I'd rather have an album of new music over getting to see a band at a concert every couple of years. Most people don't go to multiple shows. So what do you prefer? Getting to see Axl live every couple of years? Or getting an album from Axl that you will listen to thousands of times. I'll take the 15 new songs and thousands of listens over a 3-hour show every couple of years.

• Like 1

Are we talking about estranged? Maybe I missed it as I watched it on my phone, but as a vocal critic of DJ I didn't think it was that bad. The cringe inducing bends were prevalent but he played the solo pretty much as is I thought.

5:57 is what I was referring to.

It's like the solo was broken into 100 pieces and he was only able to glue 5 pieces together. It sounds terrible. Sometimes I pay attention, sometimes I don't, so I don't know if this has happened before or if this is a normal take on Slash's solo.

Are we talking about estranged? Maybe I missed it as I watched it on my phone, but as a vocal critic of DJ I didn't think it was that bad. The cringe inducing bends were prevalent but he played the solo pretty much as is I thought.

5:57 is what I was referring to.

It's like the solo was broken into 100 pieces and he was only able to glue 5 pieces together. It sounds terrible. Sometimes I pay attention, sometimes I don't, so I don't know if this has happened before or if this is a normal take on Slash's solo.

Oh okay I hear it now. Yeah that was stupid, he just played the same 2 note lick 2-3 times instead of bothering to play anything close to what slash did

I know DJ is annoying but ripping on his guitar playing in that is idiotic. That was a great version

In your 'idiotic' opinion. See how that works? You don't have to disrespect other people's opinions if you want others to respect yours.

I'm sorry, Nosaj :cry:

I know DJ is annoying but ripping on his guitar playing in that is idiotic. That was a great version

In your 'idiotic' opinion. See how that works? You don't have to disrespect other people's opinions if you want others to respect yours.

No. You hurt me. :(

No. You hurt me. :(

dean-sorry.gif