Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

Terrortrance From Hell - Throbbing At 200 BPM.

Picked this sucker up for 5 bucks today. More darker and edgier trance than the lighter Goa trance. Also has a cool lenticular (aka holographic) cover. One of the best compilations put out by Cleopatra/Hypnotic Records.

R-168360-1306587029.jpeg.jpg

Edited by Jabberwocky

King Crimson Larks Tongue in Aspic................here is a live cut of the title track part two...........love how the song ebbs and flows, rises and falls and eventually builds to a climax...

Here is part one when percussionist extraordinaire Jamie Muir, wearing the fur skin beating on the pots and pans, was still in the band. He left the band in 1973 and entered a Tibetan  monastery in Scotland

Edited by classicrawker

2 hours ago, J Dog said:

Californication - Chili Peppers

Y'know what, I never listened to that album when it came out, I was so heavily preoccupied with hip hop at the time, was hardly listening to anything else in them days but I gave it a go in the last like...I'd say year or so, it is a fucking good album, isn't it?  After One Hot Minute I kinda drifted away from The Chilli Peppers...not that One Hot Minute was bad or awful, I actually quite liked it when it came out.  Its certainly not the pig that everyone made it out to be (One Hot Minute I mean).  But yeah, Californication, its a fuckin' heavy little album y'know.

23 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

My favorite STP record, it has such a cool vibe to it.  Seven Caged Tigers is my personal fav cut

My favourite STP too.  Im not sure Ive heard a modern album with that much vibe since?  Yeah, that track gets it right!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Y'know what, I never listened to that album when it came out, I was so heavily preoccupied with hip hop at the time, was hardly listening to anything else in them days but I gave it a go in the last like...I'd say year or so, it is a fucking good album, isn't it?  After One Hot Minute I kinda drifted away from The Chilli Peppers...not that One Hot Minute was bad or awful, I actually quite liked it when it came out.  Its certainly not the pig that everyone made it out to be (One Hot Minute I mean).  But yeah, Californication, its a fuckin' heavy little album y'know.

Hip hop was pretty bangin about that time wasn't it.

Yeah I love Californication. Works really well as an album. I think it's easily their best album since the old stuff. The whole thing has a certain sound to it. And Frusciante, that guy brought some serious guitar to that album. To me that's the album where he really kinda separated himself from most other modern guitarist.

The only negative about that album is, it's so good I feel like they kind of stuck with that sound on everything they've done since. Not that that's Californication's fault, but you get what I'm saying.

Im with you about One Hot Minute too, not nearly as bad as people make it out. I really like that album. I'd put Coffee Shop up there with some of their best work.