Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

Elvis Presley - Elvis Presley

Fuckin’ stonker of an album...only half an hour long too so its done in the time it takes me to brush my teeth and have a shower, I need music every morning to slap me awake or I can’t get out of bed.  And I wonder why people call me annoying to live with :lol:

Its got it all though, some really powerhouse ballads, rock n roll, love songs, lairy anti-love songs, its got rhythm by the fuckin' barrel-load and some of the most unique ultra-reverby mood invoking production on songs like Blue Moon and I'll Never Let You Go.  Got to be one of the top 5 rock n roll albums of all time and a good shout for the most important album of all time full stop.  It sort of all began from here.  And you can see why.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I sure love me some Evan Dando... too bad he's such a slacker and hasn't released a lot of music these last two decades.

Yeah that's a bangin album. They should have put out more I agree. They kinda stood out from a bunch of other bands that came on the scene around that late 80s/early 90s time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J Dog said:

Yeah that's a bangin album. They should have put out more I agree. They kinda stood out from a bunch of other bands that came on the scene around that late 80s/early 90s time.

I guess like Soul Asylum they had some folk influences that most of those alternative bands didn't have at the time. I also like most songs on Car Button Cloth from 1996, their last 90s album before he started going crazy... on that album you can hear things are already going sour. After that Dando became a fulltime junkie for a lot of years and didn't make another record until 2003.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2018 at 10:29 AM, J Dog said:

It's a Shame About Ray - The Lemonheads

I love The Lemonheads. I named my oldest boy Evan cause of him. It's A Shame kinda goes into this Gram Parsons territory at times. I liked their early power pop stuff like Hate Your Friends/Creator/Lovey/Lick.

On 4/15/2018 at 10:37 AM, EvanG said:

I sure love me some Evan Dando... too bad he's such a slacker and hasn't released a lot of music these last two decades.

They should have been bigger but there was sooo many line up changes. I just remember from back in the day that girls were infatuated him Evan. I think that kinda fucked with his head, alongside the cocaine and crack usage. I know a few years ago that they had a semi-reunion of the Hate Your Friends line-up with Juliana Hatfield (who I adore) on bass. They were supposed to be recording a new album at that time but I haven't heard anything about it since then. I don't even think Evan plays live anymore and if he does it's very sporadic.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

I love The Lemonheads. I named my oldest boy Evan cause of him. It's A Shame kinda goes into this Gram Parsons territory at times. I liked their early power pop stuff like Hate Your Friends/Creator/Lovey/Lick.

They should have been bigger but there was sooo many line up changes. I just remember from back in the day that girls were infatuated him Evan. I think that kinda fucked with his head, alongside the cocaine and crack usage. I know a few years ago that they had a semi-reunion of the Hate Your Friends line-up with Juliana Hatfield (who I adore) on bass. They were supposed to be recording a new album at that time but I haven't heard anything about it since then. I don't even think Evan plays live anymore and if he does it's very sporadic.

He said that being called a sex symbol in the early 90s has ruined his career... I think he was seen as the pretty boy and not taken too seriously because of that, which is a shame because he's a terrific songwriter. I believe that he is the only real member in the Lemonheads now and sometimes he does solo shows and sometimes he plays under the Lemonheads name. I think he toured Australia recently. He always seems to be recording a new record, but when I check his twitter I mainly see him hanging out with his girlfriend posting semi-nude pictures of her and well, slacking off... maybe soon we will get a new record. It's about time.

Edited by EvanG

8 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

That early stuff they did was great. Totally agree they should've been bigger. He had a really good knack at writing catchy pop rock songs without sounding cheesy or fake. He seems like one of those cats that could write a decent song in three minutes if you put him on the spot. The Lemonheads sound is that sound so many bands went for during that time, but he nailed it.

And yeah, Juliana Hatfield is cool. Sonic Youth and Dinosaur Jr also come to mind when I think of The Lemonheads for some reason.

On 4/15/2018 at 10:58 AM, EvanG said:

I guess like Soul Asylum they had some folk influences that most of those alternative bands didn't have at the time. I also like most songs on Car Button Cloth from 1996, their last 90s album before he started going crazy... on that album you can hear things are already going sour. After that Dando became a fulltime junkie for a lot of years and didn't make another record until 2003.

He's probably lucky he didn't die at some point and time. He didn't just go through a drug phase, he was pretty much a full blown junkie. But last I heard he was past all that and dong good and healthy.

9 hours ago, J Dog said:

He's probably lucky he didn't die at some point and time. He didn't just go through a drug phase, he was pretty much a full blown junkie. But last I heard he was past all that and dong good and healthy.

I read some recent interviews and he said he still uses drugs but he keeps it under control now... or something like that. I hope he does.

This is from 2010, he seems to be under the influence, but still gives a good performance.

• Like 1