Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

On 28-6-2018 at 6:24 PM, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

A Saucerful Of Secrets by Pink Floyd.

On 28-6-2018 at 6:26 PM, RussTCB said:

What a monster album. I've never been a big Piper fan, but dammit, I love everything from Saucerful through Meddle. 

I'm a huge Floyd fan, but somehow this is the one album I still have trouble getting into. There's some really good parts on it and some that I just don't get. That goes for the album as well as the title track. I can see how it's a fundamental thing in pretty much everything Floyd did after and in that context it's brilliant. But I just can't enjoy it as much as their other albums, even though I really wish I could.  

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, username said:

I'm a huge Floyd fan, but somehow this is the one album I still have trouble getting into. There's some really good parts on it and some that I just don't get. That goes for the album as well as the title track. I can see how it's a fundamental thing in pretty much everything Floyd did after and in that context it's brilliant. But I just can't enjoy it as much as their other albums, even though I really wish I could.  

You know what album is like that for me from Floyd? Atom Heart Mother. I try and try and try and the album is just ok to my ears.

On 27/06/2018 at 6:16 PM, Len Cnut said:

Its Great When You’re Straight...Yeah - Black Grape

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid is a good one too. 

The Grape Tapes is a pretty good documentary about the making of it. 

Edited by wasted

3 minutes ago, wasted said:

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid is a good one too. 

The Grape Tapes is a pretty good documentary about the making of it. 

Do you not think that Ryder is a fuckin fantastic singer/lyricist?  His style is unique as fuck and his lyrics, though incredibly silly, are kinda like...some sort of savant brilliance.

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Do you not think that Ryder is a fuckin fantastic singer/lyricist?  His style is unique as fuck and his lyrics, though incredibly silly, are kinda like...some sort of savant brilliance.

He’s really good at word play, almost like a rapper. Not if he has much range but he has a recognizable voice. 

I got Black grape more than the Mondays. I suppose I heard all those songs in clubs. 

The grape tapes shows his process writing in the studio. It’s not pretty. 

2 minutes ago, wasted said:

He’s really good at word play, almost like a rapper. Not if he has much range but he has a recognizable voice. 

I got Black grape more than the Mondays. I suppose I heard all those songs in clubs. 

The grape tapes shows his process writing in the studio. It’s not pretty. 

I’ve never seen or heard of The Grape Tapes but I’m gonna check it out now.

25 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I’ve never seen or heard of The Grape Tapes but I’m gonna check it out now.

I remember it being wildly entertaining. They really just let it all hang out on tour and then they fly to make the record in LA with the Stones producer at the time Danny Saber. 

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

You know what album is like that for me from Floyd? Atom Heart Mother. I try and try and try and the album is just ok to my ears.

That means you're still more into it than most ex-Floyd members are these days! :lol: 

• Haha 1

Queen

Queen II

Sheer Heart Attack

A Night at the Opera

A Day at the Races

News of the World

Jazz

The Game

Flash Gordon

Hot Space

The Works