June 4, Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery! *PROSTITUTE and YESTERDAYS played!*

Powerage5

Marseilles - Irvine, CA. June 9th 1988, Duff on vocals

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/index.php?topic=47424.0

same song as on ultra rare vol 3, hopefully a better quailty recording

wow it's been 26 years!

That was at a night of a show opening for Iron Maiden. GN'R cancelled due to Axl's throat problems. The rest of the band played two songs.

You're quite the statician, can you draw up a graph of their songs & what years they were last played :lol:

With more than 90 songs played live that will be rather messy :D

Marseilles - Irvine, CA. June 9th 1988, Duff on vocals

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/index.php?topic=47424.0

same song as on ultra rare vol 3, hopefully a better quailty recording

I'll make it easier then, a chart of how much Axl wears the hats & glasses & which songs he removes either.

wow it's been 26 years!

That was at a night of a show opening for Iron Maiden. GN'R cancelled due to Axl's throat problems. The rest of the band played two songs.

You're quite the statician, can you draw up a graph of their songs & what years they were last played :lol:

With more than 90 songs played live that will be rather messy :D

Well a graph of how many songs Axl removes hat/glasses for - that'll make it easier for you. hehe

It was right about three hours.

Great fucking show. Nightrain, November Rain, Estranged, Catcher, Jungle, Rocket Queen, Civil War and of course the new, rare tracks were highlights for me.

Ali

Glad you enjoyed it Ali, did the audience roar when the 'new' songs started up? Or was that just the sound of us at home? :lol:

Edited by rock4eva

It was right about three hours.

Great fucking show. Nightrain, November Rain, Estranged, Catcher, Jungle, Rocket Queen, Civil War and of course the new, rare tracks were highlights for me.

Ali

Glad you enjoyed it Ali, did the audience roar when the 'new' songs started up? Or was that just the sound of us at home? :lol:

That's what I was thinking. We'd go crazy if we'd hear Prostitute, but I wonder how the crowd reacted.

Finally! Glad they waited until Axl's voice improved before pulling some tricks out of the bag.

Great stuff for those that were able to attend. Hopefully we get some good video of Prostitute!

Pro-shot, shit sound.

Where is this guy filming from with those noises? :lol: Is he backstage watching on a screen? From ParadiseCity so I'm guessing it's Nik Souris?

There are monitors like this all around The Joint so you can keep watching the show while you grab a beer or go to the bathroom. Given it's so quiet, he's probably backstage somewhere.

• Like 1

Axl doesn't horrendously awful at the minute, what is this sorcery? He sounds as good as he did during the 2012 streamed shows, if not a bit better. It's not great, but it's a lot better than what we've been used to the last while.

• Like 2

I don't think anyone around me knew what the fuck Prostitute was. I didn't give a shit. I knew that fucking song!

Ali

I think it's great they played it, the snippet I saw, sounded great, Yesterdays too. You really are lucky! So are you staying for the last two shows as well ? Have fun!

Jam

That isn't a song and doesn't need to be posted in the set lists - apologies but really wish people would stop doing that example

jam/song1

jam/song 2

that's only 2 songs, no matter how people want to spin it.

In positive news, glad they mixed the set up, about time. Prostitute is my fave song on ChiDem, glad they pulled it out again.

Yowza. Really cool surprises, so rad to see Prostitute and Yesterdays make a return. Pure class move to do Marseilles for Doc. Should've stuck around Vegas for one more week, man, damn lol. Very cool though, I'm happy for all that were there as they got a helluva show.

Stoked to see how they close this run out, Good Times N' Great Memories thanks to these shows so far...what's next?--

Best performance of Prostitute ever. Not saying much considering the previous performances sounded like a cat dying in a washing machine, but still. Pretty impressed, I didn't think we'd be here after the last few years. No way is he hitting 2006-2010 levels, but it's not a complete joke. He sounds better than the band, they seem like they've just given up.

Edited by Conor
  • Like 2

Guest Gunns

Finally! Glad they waited until Axl's voice improved before pulling some tricks out of the bag.

Great stuff for those that were able to attend. Hopefully we get some good video of Prostitute!

Pro-shot, shit sound.

Where is this guy filming from with those noises? :lol: Is he backstage watching on a screen? From ParadiseCity so I'm guessing it's Nik Souris?

There are monitors like this all around The Joint so you can keep watching the show while you grab a beer or go to the bathroom. Given it's so quiet, he's probably backstage somewhere.

Seeing as the account is from paradise city, I'm guessing the owner (Nik) was probably backstage recording it as he's been attending these shows/hanging out with Axl. On the most part, Axl doesn't sound that good but I think once his voice improves a little more, he will nail it.

• Like 1

Prostitute... I also have the 2nd half of Yesterdays. My camera froze during recording and it didnt save the first half, but i stil have the last two minutes of it which ill upload later. Off to drink at the circle bar.

HD quality should be available in a few minutes.

Great performance. Thanks for filming and posting. Is that you yelling 'There Was A Time' at the end ? Maybe one of the next shows ? Fingers crossed.