June 4, Las Vegas, NV - No Trickery! *PROSTITUTE and YESTERDAYS played!*

Powerage5

Damn. I never thought I'd say it, but Axl's clean voice works on Yesterdays. That was actually a very soothing performance.

Prostitute!!! And Axl didn't absolute fumble the lyrics! That was such a nice surprise, and he didn't sound awful. His voice sounds very soothing, and I love the part of the video maybe around the 3 minute mark when he knew he nailed the "FOR FORTUNE AND FAAAAAAAAME" line.

2-3 new (old) songs. Axl delivered. Albeit the second to last show, but he delivered what was "promised" and I'm happy.

Finally! Glad they waited until Axl's voice improved before pulling some tricks out of the bag.

Do you think that's the reason to not release anything?

Honestly? No. Singing in a studio is hugely different to a live setting. Even during his weakest live periods post-2010, he'd have still been able to deliver vocally on studio material.

Look at what's happened to the record industry over the past 4-5 years? It's been completely decimated. It's only gotten worse since Chinese Democracy was released.

There's no money in albums, it's all in touring, merchandising, branding, sponsorships, etc. Consider Axl's lifestyle and the sheer number of people on his payroll - even conservatively estimating, GN'R have huge overheads. The label certainly aren't going to give him the sort of money or promotion Axl would be wanting for a new album after what happened last time around. That's not to say it will never happen, hopefully they've been pooling money for a new record from the touring/residencies.

tl;dr - no. it's more likely to be financially related.

...but the band name Guns N' Roses or Axl himself will sell - it's not like an up and coming band where they need a huge amount of promo so that people are aware of who they are - this is GNR/Axl... they could put up an announcement on FB/Twitter and it'd be worldwide in minutes - get Axl to do a couple of interviews (TV or magazine/online) and there's some more promo - Really don't understand how people think it costs a fortune to do this....

Nice for something to be positive about for a chance. Yesterdays and Prostitute sounded good. I wouldn't have expected Axl to do Prostitute again, but he sounds like he pretty much nailed it, and wasn't struggling nearly as much as he was in 2009 for it. Yesterdays will hopefully become a regular. So nice to hear that again.

The 31th time they've ever played Yesterdays :) Quite a treat for the audience today.

I love that little snippet of vocals from Yesterdays :D

I was looking on wikipedia other day and Yesterdays is about as rare as Pretty Tied Up? like both have 30 plays? I always think of Yesterdays as almost staple.

What is into Axl tonight? :D

Maybe they saw Powerage and Black Sabbath from MyGNRForum are there? ;)

Probably. And Axl thought: Let's make those fuckers and haters at MYGNR go crazy :lol:

The short Prostitute clip sounds great. I hope we'll have lots of full clips later.

Hahahahaha, TOTALLY!

"That hater with the white kitty avatar, that one, GONE!!"

GN'R playing yesterdays has been a topic on here so long we all wanted this to happen more UYI songs and here we have it and Yesterdays was done as how we wanted it to be done, Axl did a great one! as for prostitute damn! what a kickass performance! i am happy

Yesterdays sounded awful. Prostitute sounded great.

Forum pacified for the next two years of inactivity. Nice work, Axl. :lol:

This is sadly true to a certain extent. Whilst it's great to see a very capable band and singer performing to 2012 standards and mixing shit up, it needs to be a regular thing for their own talent's sake and mixed in with a new record, 4 years is a long time to just bring back a few old classics and an old member for a tour to be considered progressing.

• Like 1

Axl had a great balance of fire and ice in that performance, surely he must've practiced it cause even in 09 he struggled with an admirable attempt. Judging by the monitor glances probably not but he got the vocals down exquisitely on a tough as hell song.

Marseilles - Irvine, CA. June 9th 1988, Duff on vocals

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/index.php?topic=47424.0

same song as on ultra rare vol 3, hopefully a better quailty recording

Nics, i never thought i heard this song again GNR related

Also Prostitute was strong, best performance from the 3 times

Yesterdays was cool too

Sam doesn't like all the jams haha

haha this shows an average fan doesn't care about the setlists, lol

If he can pull of prostitute of that quality on a regular basis (probably not) it would really improve the quality of a show to me! Great tune!

And I love yesterdays and thought it sounded pretty cool with the current voice, seemed he tried to give a lil rasp as points but didn't really come out! I need to have that one a listen again.. Hope that sticks around!

#notrickey

Edited by Estranged Coma

Holy shit man! I was walking along the street, checking the forum on my Note 3 and stopped in my tracks when I saw Prostitute was played! Sooooooo friggin happy :D Especially given how strong he sounds on it. Hopefully the first of many performances.

The fact that he threw in three wildcards in one show really suggests that things are moving forward positively in his head and makes me even more certain that he's sincere about the next record getting sorted after Vegas.

Hope there's some better audio of Prostitute to come but thanks for the vid anyhow!

For the residency he should have been doing way more UYI era songs he hasn't done in 20 years. I get the excitement over rarely played ChiDem songs but he's done most of them over the past 5 years. Glad he's doing them, that's the entire point of a residency.

Well more suprises then we thought we would get right.

Prostitute being played again

Yesterdays holy sh*t!

Raw power

Attitute

Riff raff

You cant get what u want

More then three new songs

You can't get what you want, did they play that as in the stones song? Full band? Video? I want to go to there.