Beta's comment about Ron's possibly leaving

I have an idea, it's quite complicated, stop touring for a year, have a few months recording GNR's sequel in Axl's home studio, let Ron tour for two months and do his album or two, come back in late 2015 or early 2016 with a 9 month tour, repeat the same process...

I have an idea, it's quite complicated, stop touring for a year, have a few months recording GNR's sequel in Axl's home studio, let Ron tour for two months and do his album or two, come back in late 2015 or early 2016 with a 9 month tour, repeat the same process...

Are you crazy? This band NEVER tours, they need to stay on the road!

If Axl doesn't need the money, and I cannot conceive why he would need it, why does he keep touring without hitting the studio? Funding new records is what I'd like to believe... I know it's good cause it gives the crew and other guys income but what is Axl getting from it, the big picture?

If Axl doesn't need the money, and I cannot conceive why he would need it, why does he keep touring without hitting the studio? Funding new records is what I'd like to believe... I know it's good cause it gives the crew and other guys income but what is Axl getting from it, the big picture?

i have to imagine there are legal issues still surrounding the 2002 tour and the production cost CD to deal with. He's definitely well off, but with all that comes and goes legally, I bet he has a decent amount on his plate.

Guest NGOG

The title of this thread makes two claims:

Ron has officially left GNR, and Beta has released an official statement.

However, neither of those claims have been verified by the content of the OP. Very misleading.

• Like 1

i have to imagine there are legal issues still surrounding the 2002 tour and the production cost CD to deal with. He's definitely well off, but with all that comes and goes legally, I bet he has a decent amount on his plate.

I remember stories of equipment and personnel being rented for months at a time, at costs of thousands and thousands and Axl only did work a couple days of their renting periods, wouldn't the sales of the record have covered a lot of that though? He's had several successful tours at this point, the production on these isn't cheap either and he hasn't cut Pitman or the set length down. I agree there might be further reasons he keeps going out on the same tour with no signs of new music though, the album funding is one I'd rather believe than a more mechanical reason, that's the sequel fanboy in me.

The more I read the more convinced I am this is all false. And again, people making a mountain out of a molehill.

I'd understand the cryptic pseudo-silence from GNR and TB cuz they're retarded and that's how they do things, but Ron's refusal to answer direct questions tells me there's truth to the rumors, not that he'll 100% leave but that something's up and his departure is a good possibility.

Guest NGOG

Can somebody edit the inaccurate thread title? Beta refuted one specific allegation: That GNR management have been ignorant of Ron's plans.

Absolutely nothing has been said about Ron leaving.

Edited by NGOG

It all comes down to, whether Axl has given him concrete reassurances new music is on the immediate horizon, whether there is clarity with the touring schedule against his own wishes for solo work, whether he has enough exposure and financial security to make a career from his solo work by this time, whether the other guys in the band give him a hard time... we've seen Ron is a supremely capable player and sturdy of mind and body even in the fucking grimmest circumstances, if he can tour in that state he will have no problem during tough times if he decides staying is the better decision financially and creatively. We know he's bored and has been the instigator of setlist changes and has professed his desire for working on his own and gnr material, he does countless clinics to express himself and be up close with fans, it's whether Axl and management give him the lowdown on tours and recording rather than some pathetic infantile misty communication hints and lies.

• Like 2

If he is out, my guess is that they would make an agreement not to confirm it until after BOTH the end of the GnR tour and the Yngwie Malmsteen Guitar Gods tour.

I mean, you can laugh about it but I'm sure non-BBF fans would be more interested in seeing "BBF from GnR" rather than "BBF who just left GnR".

Edited by The Glow Inc.
  • Like 1

............... and yet bumble has told his closest fan(s) he intends leaving and when here last week he deleted a quote asking if he was leaving and answered the second question. He's also never squashed the rumour and he's been aware of it for weeks!

U-Turn anyone?

Username may have this one!

edit - cant quote :(

Shit yeah, think BETA is saying 100% false to "GNR wont be the same without you"? maybe? anyone?

WTF is wrong with you?

A friend of mine talked to Ron and he replied that he won't leave GN'R unless GN'R management fucks his schedule this year.

I've talked to him several times and he said the same thing.

There's reports of users that talked to him on facebook and he denied.

So stop spreading this bullshit.

............... and yet bumble has told his closest fan(s) he intends leaving and when here last week he deleted a quote asking if he was leaving and answered the second question. He's also never squashed the rumour and he's been aware of it for weeks!

U-Turn anyone?

Username may have this one!

edit - cant quote :(

Shit yeah, think BETA is saying 100% false to "GNR wont be the same without you"? maybe? anyone?

WTF is wrong with you?

A friend of mine talked to Ron and he replied that he won't leave GN'R unless GN'R management fucks his schedule this year.

I've talked to him several times and he said the same thing.

There's reports of users that talked to him on facebook and he denied.

So stop spreading this bullshit.

It's quite obvious that you're the one spreading bullshit.