The Official FIFA World Cup Thread 2014

Tater Totts

Some great football from the Netherlands, great defending and goalkeeping from Costa Rica.

I'm incredibly biased here, being Dutch and all. But I hate the fact that Costa Rica has 9 players (excluding the keeper) on defence. Makes for very crappy football. Also, we SO deserve to win this. :( This is very bad for my heart.

I thought you played well in the first half but from the numerous cock-ups in the second half I'm not sure the Netherlands deserve to win this. And van Persie's offside for about the 6th time!

Compared to a team that has made 0 serious scoring attempts in 105 minutes, we absolutely fucking do.

Robben's made some great runs and attempts and Sneijder's free kick which hit the post was brilliant, but I wouldn't say one side wholeheartedly deserves to win over the other, it'd be a discredit to Costa Rica's defence and some great goalkeeping from Navas.

Like I said, I can't be completely unbiased here. ;)

Plus I don't like the way they're (seemingly) purposely trying to take Robben out. Or at least trying to make him go down and make it look like he's taking a dive. Sure, this is partially his own fault, but still.

Edited by username
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible Netherlands, lame triumph.

They all count.

Belgium, much like France, just lacked any sense of urgency even at the end and so out they go. Argentina looked more of a team than they have so far but still not firing on all cylinders but then again who has?

The Netherlands for me just edged it. Costa Rica have played really well, the definition of a team, and Navas has been outstanding but they just lacked that edge.

As for Neymar, I genuinely thought he'd been taken off as he'd had a blow and Brazil wanted to waste time. Wasn't until this morning I saw how serious his injury was. I hope he doesn't have any permanent damage. It was a bad tempered match towards the end and the referee left it too long to try and exert some control by which time tempers were flaring.

Horrible Netherlands, lame triumph.

They all count.

Belgium, much like France, just lacked any sense of urgency even at the end and so out they go. Argentina looked more of a team than they have so far but still not firing on all cylinders but then again who has?

The Netherlands for me just edged it. Costa Rica have played really well, the definition of a team, and Navas has been outstanding but they just lacked that edge.

As for Neymar, I genuinely thought he'd been taken off as he'd had a blow and Brazil wanted to waste time. Wasn't until this morning I saw how serious his injury was. I hope he doesn't have any permanent damage. It was a bad tempered match towards the end and the referee left it too long to try and exert some control by which time tempers were flaring.

I know. I just don't like it when they go to penalties. I feel like it's not fair to win like that.

Anyways, thiese are the results and these are the teams we've got. Let's see how this tale ends.

92, 96, 98 and 2000 we lost after penalties.

Thank God those days are over.

Great saves from Krul rock3

And a totally deserved victory. 2 shots on the bar, one on the post.

And a few great saves from Navas.

And only one chance for Costa Rica after 117 minutes.

• Like 1

Argentina will be different they will hold a highline because they can't defend. So the counter attack with Robben is on if they ever get the ball. Tempo will be zero and is another 0-0. If Holland push up Messi will destroy them.

it's sort of smart to turn your 2nd choice keeper into a penalty saving expert. learn all the players and how they take penos. it takes pressure off the regular keeper.

Englands peno stratergy was to let Hart take them cos scored 120 out of 120.