I.R.S. Question

Hmm I think he has. I saw it performed in Antwerp in 2010 where he did it and he has done it during the 2006 tour as well I believe.

Edit: you are right, it appears he sings it lower live. Much like he does the TWAT climax nowadays.

Edited by Bumblefeet

At the end? Or before the solo?

Since hitting that note seems to be so revered I always practice it. IMO, it's not that hard. Just take a deep breath and belt it out... it's only one note.

lol. Not if you sing Guns songs for 3 hours. One note can be all it takes to fuck up his throat for the rest of the night. Know your limits and shit.

Edited by Rovim

Since hitting that note seems to be so revered I always practice it. IMO, it's not that hard. Just take a deep breath and belt it out... it's only one note.

lol. Not if you sing Guns songs for 3 hours. One note can be all it takes to fuck up his throat for the rest of the night. Know your limits and shit.

This is true.if I sing it early in the day when my voice is rested there's no problem, but later on after I've been using my vocal chords all day for various things it gets painful.

Perhaps do it earlier in the show?

Edited by Evil Ernie

This is true, perhaps do it earlier in the show?

Or not do it at all. Don't blow your load on one difficult note that only few will really appreciate.

Why risk it? There's priorities, and that high I.R.S note probably doesn't rank that high on Axl's list.

A more important thing, for example, will be to protect his throat so he can sustain an acceptable singing quality for the duration of the show. Sometimes he gets in a good mood and is confident, so anything can happen when he's like that, but usually, he chooses his vocal battles, and that's smart. Especially when you consider his age.

The tour as a whole gains from this approach too, imo.

Edited by Rovim