SLASH featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators Tour 2014 / 2015

batman007

Just back from show. Great set, awesome performance really. Brought my son and he loved it too, he was happy to see Slash perform the classic Guns tunes he grew up with, from the guy that made them famous.. One takeaway was I really didn't like the star wars guitar (can't describe it exactly) effects during You Could Be Mine

other than that Slash brought it, the guy is incredible. Sound was amazing.

If you can see this tour check them out the band is tight. With the exception of ycbm the show was bang on in every way.

First time for me at this venue, not a bad seat in the place and holds roughly 2100. Not sold out but close enough from what I could see.

He did the RQ monster solo and blew my mind. Youtube does not portray the epicness that is Slash.

Don't have the set list but they did do Civil War which was cool. Great mix of his history with Guns, VR and solo stuff.

Had a great eve!

Inb4 the crowd is lame, the answer is yes lol

I know what you mean about YCBM mate he goes flat out on the wah sounds like shit especially the solo :facepalm: he doesn't do it though the solo with kings https://youtu.be/cVPAro9qntE?t=3m56s

I do like the bits hes added at the 1.56 mark he been doing since hes been back playing it

Edited by Gibbo 27

Well, if we are airing out some grievances, I might as well get in this out of the way, now, rather than later.

I'm just not really liking the setlists, honestly, anymore. I got no problems regarding the stuff that Slash/Myles/Conspirators picked out from their own stuff (though I would like to see them do more regarding the Slash album like I Hold On, Nothing to Say, Promise, etc.). It's the covers that's pretty much becoming meh to me and is probably the reason why I got no desire to see one of their upcoming shows in Southern California. I mean I don't mind them playing Paradise City, Sweet Child O' Mine, and Slither in every show they play. They deliver really well on that, as expected, and are the absolute must plays. As stated previously somewhere, I just think their appeal, to me, kinda lowered a good amount when they started playing You Could Be Mine on a frequent basis and that extended Rocket Queen solo (I get it. People love that when Slash gets mesmerized during his playing and just jams out without any care in the world. That's cool. It's just not for me as I prefer more songs over solos).

It also does not help, for me, that there's rumors about the GNR reunion and that Slash/Myles/Conspirators are going to make another album while, for me, I would prefer that Myles really get that change of scenery and get that solo album and acoustic tour out, and really rededicate and commit himself to Alter Bridge, in terms of recording and touring their 5th album, and not let anything else (like Slash or Kings of Chaos) get in the way of that. I guess, selfishly, I just want him to showcase himself in the way that made him one of my two inspirational heroes, because I'm not feeling that, atm, when he's working with Slash and the Conspirators. IMO, of course.

Myles has finished recording his solo record, I would expect it in the spring

He's enjoying his time with Slash though, and that will end one day. But if they're not done yet, then let's get all the music we can out of them while we can.

Hopefully there will be time for him to strike out on his own or with AB full time, but it's not now. They've already committed to another album, and I for one can't wait to hear it.

As killer news as a GNR reunion would be, I can't help feel it won't match the hype.

He's enjoying his time with Slash though, and that will end one day. But if they're not done yet, then let's get all the music we can out of them while we can.

Hopefully there will be time for him to strike out on his own or with AB full time, but it's not now. They've already committed to another album, and I for one can't wait to hear it.

As killer news as a GNR reunion would be, I can't help feel it won't match the hype.

Yeah, I'm just going to have to accept that whole case, for the time being.

On another note, I know someone in this thread wanted a Memphis show, which back then was a festival show in May, but cannot go due to other stuff happening, but here's a tweet from Slash. Hopefully, you are free that day.

OK who is at Hamilton Place? Where da faq is everyone from the forum?

I intended to message you a few days ago but I got sidetracked with work and suddenly it was show day. :lol:

What a great set though. That's probably the most Guns songs he's done in a single show out of the three times I've seen him. Great stuff!

Just back from show. Great set, awesome performance really. Brought my son and he loved it too, he was happy to see Slash perform the classic Guns tunes he grew up with, from the guy that made them famous.. One takeaway was I really didn't like the star wars guitar (can't describe it exactly) effects during You Could Be Mine

If you can see this tour check them out the band is tight. With the exception of ycbm the show was bang on in every way.

First time for me at this venue, not a bad seat in the place and holds roughly 2100. Not sold out but close enough from what I could see.

He did the RQ monster solo and blew my mind. Youtube does not portray the epicness that is Slash.

Don't have the set list but they did do Civil War which was cool. Great mix of his history with Guns, VR and solo stuff.

Had a great eve!

Oh my god what Slash was thinking with those shitty effects? :blink:

Song is ruined

Anyway i have the tickets for the Budapest gig, but i'm worried... if Slash fucks up the songs, not really worth to see them, because i don't like Myles

Edited by Strange Broue

Had a great eve!

Song is ruined

Anyway i have the tickets for the Budapest gig, but i'm worried... if Slash fucks up the songs, there's not really worth to see them, because i don't like Myles

That song he really fucked up with the effects BUT the rest of the show was great! No need to fear, go to the show, you will love it!

It was YCBM that for the only time in the show I was like WTF is he doing??

I don't "love" Myles however last night he did pretty good IMO, for me the show is more about Slash than whoever is singing. Mind you for me the myles thing has more to do with his lack of stage presence as a singer, he can def sing no probs.

Edited by gunsguy
  • Like 1

Had a great eve!

Song is ruined

Anyway i have the tickets for the Budapest gig, but i'm worried... if Slash fucks up the songs, there's not really worth to see them, because i don't like Myles

That song he really fucked up with the effects BUT the rest of the show was great! No need to fear, go to the show, you will love it!

It was YCBM that for the only time in the show I was like WTF is he doing??

I don't "love" Myles however last night he did pretty good IMO, for me the show is more about Slash than whoever is singing. Mind you for me the myles thing has more to do with his lack of stage presence as a singer, he can def sing no probs.

Cool

of course i will go to the show

Unfortunately, YCBM is my fav GNR song, so i hope Slash ditch these "new" wah wah shit....

As for Myles, i'm more irritated about his voice than his stage presence, but he is tolerable as long as Slash playing on the same stage :lol:

Oddly i like his voice more in Alter Bridge :shrugs:

Slash's first dates in India. Not officially announced yet ;)

Mumbai on Nov 7th, 2015.

Bengaluru on Nov 14th, 2015.

Thanks for the updates man, its great to see Slash adding more countries, have they been to Japan? There is a huge GNR fan base there or mostly there is a huge rock fan base. When will the tickets be officially announced?

I wish myles would go back to alter bridge too but why would he when Slashs bands bigger then alter bridge and tremonti put together and some

Well, to me, I just think that AB is a much better outlet for him to showcase himself as a musician (not just as a vocalist/lyricist). Another thing, when AB comes back, every fan are going to be happy they are up and running. When Slash/Myles/Conspirators are rolling, it's usually a mix of "great, they're back!", "aww, but Myles is a sucky singer and lacks the stage presence of an Axl Rose," and "so when's the GNR reunion happening?" I don't know, it just frustrates me that some people seeing a Slash show is not as enthusiastic about Myles as much as an AB crowd wanting to see Myles.

Also, if AB really committed to themselves to touring a little more, they could have been up there playing in the same venues that bands like Halestorm and Slash played as oppose to playing like 25% of the tour in the same venues.

• Like 1

Killer wah -wah in YCBM - Slash is one of the top Wah pedal players ever- I hope we get to hear a lot of this on the new record-AMAZING PLAYING - MURDEROUS TONE-I love it

This video might not show it right but the wah wah on YCBM is horrible at very best.

That's what I said the first time I heard him play it that way. It's horrible in any way. I can't enjoy the solo. Can't anybody tell him it's shit? :D

Edited by Free Bird

Yesterday's setlist in Toronto:
You're A Lie
Nightrain
Avalon
Halo
Back From Cali
Wicked Stone
Too Far Gone
You Could Be Mine
Dr Alibi (Todd Kerns on vocals)
Welcome to The jungle (Todd Kerns on vocals)
Beneath The Savage Sun
Civil War
The Dissident
Rocket Queen
Bent To Fly
World On Fire
Anastasia
Sweet Child o' Mine
Slither
Paradise City