Ask staff

UK SUBS

Can we add the Slash section back? I hate opening the new Slash album thread and reading about Chinese Democracy.

Surprised that nobody pointed out how ridiculious this post is after Slash fans spent years whining about being second class citizens and not being able to post in the main section.

My question would be- What kind of drugs are the staff required to take to prevent the aneurysm that would surely take place if posts like this went by unmedicated?

• Like 1

Surprised that nobody pointed out how ridiculious this post is after Slash fans spent years whining about being second class citizens and not being able to post in the main section.

I think you've misunderstood that. People have complained about that they haven't been able to discuss the old band in the GNR discussion section.

Think about it this way. Previously you have not been able to discuss Appetite For Destruction, GNR's defining album, in the GNR section, but you've been able to read threads about Bumblefoot's hotsauce, about Beta and her family, about Hooker N' Blows (is that their name? :facepalm:), about The Replacements... The list of things that aren't GNR related at all that have been posted in the GNR discussion section could be endless, meanwhile the band and albums that we all came here for didn't qualify for the forum's GNR discussion section. Don't you hear how stupid this was?

I think you've misunderstood that. People have complained about that they haven't been able to discuss the old band in the GNR discussion section.

Think about it this way. Previously you have not been able to discuss Appetite For Destruction, GNR's defining album, in the GNR section, but you've been able to read threads about Bumblefoot's hotsauce, about Beta and her family, about Hooker N' Blows (is that their name? :facepalm:), about The Replacements... The list of things that aren't GNR related at all that have been posted in the GNR discussion section could be endless, meanwhile the band and albums that we all came here for didn't qualify for the forum's GNR discussion section. Don't you hear how stupid this was?

So you're saying that you want to be able to discuss what you want in D&N and have a safe haven to discuss whatever crap Slash is doing this week without the general population of the forum giving their opinion?

Personally I don't care about any of the solo career topics when it comes to GNR and I wouldn't mind if they were all moved to one (or two if you separate members from the old and new band), but it used to annoy me when it was considered a GNR related discussion when for example Bumblefoot released a new hotsauce, but it wasn't permitted for you to discuss GNR's biggest and most important album in the "GNR Discussion" section.

• Like 1

I like all eras in D/N now but its annoying when I open the World On Fire thread and see people talking about Chinese Democracy, NuGNR and Bumblefoot

Personally I don't care about any of the solo career topics when it comes to GNR and I wouldn't mind if they were all moved to one (or two if you separate members from the old and new band), but it used to annoy me when it was considered a GNR related discussion when for example Bumblefoot released a new hotsauce, but it wasn't permitted for you to discuss GNR's biggest and most important album in the "GNR Discussion" section.

I never said anything about you personally. I personally think the forum right now is the second best it's ever been (second only to when real Attitude existed) and I wouldn't change a thing about it, but nobody gives a shit about what I prefer either. There is no denying that a multitude of people would post Slash topics completely irrelevant to GN'R and throw fits and temper tantrums when they were moved. Witnessed it firsthand way more times than I can count.

I like all eras in D/N now but its annoying when I open the World On Fire thread and see people talking about Chinese Democracy, NuGNR and Bumblefoot
Did you really just say that you want to be saved from annoyances? You??? Really???
  • Like 2