Ask staff

UK SUBS

Those times when you wish people you like liked each other. :cry:

I do like Nosaj. We just have to argue about something once in a while to get it out of our system.

:hug:

Yeah, you can't spend another year in this forum without having at least one argument with DS first. It's needed. I feel great now. 2015 here I come.

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 2

Can there be consideration to renaming a section after something relating to GNR post 1994? Like, rename My World to If The World or rename Anything Goes to Street of Dreams or something like that?

Just figure out a section no one will give a shit about and no one will post in and name it after something off CD. Good sections get names from the good bands.

Can there be consideration to renaming a section after something relating to GNR post 1994? Like, rename My World to If The World or rename Anything Goes to Street of Dreams or something like that?

Just figure out a section no one will give a shit about and no one will post in and name it after something off CD. Good sections get names from the good bands.
I nominate Attitude.
  • Like 1

I nominate Attitude.
We should rename it to Scraped :headbang: awesome song for an awesome section

It's kinda funny how the best section on the forum is named after one of the worst GNR songs ever.

When you think about it, every section that's named after a song except, arguably, Civil War, is named after a godawful song.
Seen that movie too is a you could be mine lyric :max:

But seriously. Will the administrators and moderating team put this into consideration?

But seriously. Will the administrators and moderating team put this into consideration?

Why?

I was just wondering, if the forum costs close to $4k a year to host, wouldn't it be more cost effective to just buy a server for around $4k and host it there? I'm sure a $4000 server could easily handle hosting this site.

This was mentioned before and I think the reason it's not been done is because of the lack of tech support.

Let's name a section Better Gone and make it so the shitposters can post in that section only.

That'd be a fantastic name for the Banned Members thread we were promised.
I don't expect that promise to come true as that administration has left the building.

I was just wondering, if the forum costs close to $4k a year to host, wouldn't it be more cost effective to just buy a server for around $4k and host it there? I'm sure a $4000 server could easily handle hosting this site.

This was mentioned before and I think the reason it's not been done is because of the lack of tech support.

Yes, this is pretty much it. If we had someone who was an IT master who could write and maintain forum software we'd do this in a heartbeat. It's not just the cost over hosting, but the use of the forum software. Ultimately, you get what you pay for. One of the reasons why this forum remains popular among GNR fans is the interface and tools that are available for both users and administrators. We'd like to keep that if at all possible.