GNR Bucket List

This thread has little to do with the former GNR player Buckethead but instead is all about your own personal GNR bucket list. What sort of "accomplishments" or achievements have you met (or not met) regarding the band Guns N' Roses?

I will start with mine:

Attend a classic GNR concert (My Mom took away my tickets for Toronto '92 as a result of the Montreal riots - still angry over that)

Attend a post 1994 GNR concert (14 so far)

Attend a GNR concert in another country (U.S)

Attend a GNR concert in another continent (Europe)

Been along the rail/had first row seats at a GNR concert (first row seats for London, 2002)

Fixed travel plans to accommodate a GNR concert (Paris, 2006)

Gone on a GNR road trip (Boston, NYC, Philly in 2002 and Ottawa, Quebec City in 2006)

See all of AFD performed live in person (missing Anything Goes)

See all of Chinese Democracy performed live in person (missing Prostitute)

See "Yesterdays" performed live

Own every officially released GNR album

Own every officially released GNR album in vinyl (from the Live Like A Suicide EP to Chinese Democracy)

Own a GNR pinball machine

Seen every GNR music video

Be in in a GNR music video

Met a current member of GNR (DJ, Frank, Tommy)

Meet Axl

Meet Slash

Meet Duff

Meet Izzy

Meet Steven

Meet Matt

Purchased a solo album by a former or current member of GNR (Izzy's 117o)

Read an autobiography by a present or former member of GNR (Slash and Duff's books)

Have an autograph from a current or former member

New additions:

See GNR in a small venue (Hammerstein '06)

See GNR in a monster venue (100k+ in attendance)

Caught up in a GNR-related riot (Philly '02 - FYI: I just watched, didn't partake)

Feel free to take from some of my examples if they're on your bucket list. I might add to mine if I see stuff from others that looks awesome.

So, what's on your GNR bucket list?

Edited by downzy
  • Like 1

Hey, what are the concerts shown in the Better video? No Ottawa, Quebec or Paris? What other concerts did you go in Europe on 2006? There might be a chance you're in the clip, maybe just not appear in it.

Never even thought of that!

Only went to one concert while I was in Europe in 2006. Actually had my friend who as traveling through Europe at the time to change his plans so he'd be in Paris for the concert. A day or two after we took off to Spain for several weeks.

The sad part is I barely remember that concert. My friend and I got licked prior and during show. We brought several bottles of wine that we drank outside the arena while the show openers were on.

Not necessarily a bucket list, but things I've seen/done that I consider highlights are:

Saw them in 91, 92 & 93

Saw them in 2002 in Detroit

-Above show included the only North American performance of Riad so far

Saw the first Hammerstein show

-Above show included the first live performances of Better, IRS & TWaT along with the new, album intro to CD

Saw an AMAZING UCaP show in Detroit that almost matched the first Hammerstein show

Met everyone who's ever been in the band except:

-Axl, Adler, Bucket & Robin

Wish list:

Meet Robin

• Like 2

I was at that show too! Had GA tickets - think it was one of the few GA concerts of that tour. It was my first time seeing Axl perform live. A rather anticlimactic ending though.

I was at that show too! Had GA tickets - think it was one of the few GA concerts of that tour. It was my first time seeing Axl perform live. A rather anticlimactic ending though.

Totally agree about the ending. I openly admit I was skeptical going in, but I was sold after the first few songs. We were in the lower bowl on the left side of the stage but thought the show was killer right up til about here:

:lol:

This thread has little to do with the former GNR player Buckethead but instead is all about your own personal GNR bucket list. What sort of "accomplishments" or achievements have you met (or not met) regarding the band Guns N' Roses?

I will start with mine:

Attend a classic GNR concert (My Mom took away my tickets for Toronto '92 as a result of the Montreal riots - still angry over that)

Attend a post 1994 GNR concert (14 so far)

Attend a GNR concert in another country (U.S)

Attend a GNR concert in another continent (Europe)

Been along the rail/had first row seats at a GNR concert (first row seats for London, 2002)

Fixed travel plans to accommodate a GNR concert (Paris, 2006)

Gone on a GNR road trip (Boston, NYC, Philly in 2002 and Ottawa, Quebec City in 2006)

See all of AFD performed live in person (missing Anything Goes)

See all of Chinese Democracy performed live in person (missing Prostitute)

See "Yesterdays" performed live

Own every officially released GNR album

Own every officially released GNR album in vinyl (from the Live Like A Suicide EP to Chinese Democracy)

Own a GNR pinball machine

Seen every GNR music video

Be in in a GNR music video

Met a current member of GNR (DJ, Frank, Tommy)

Meet Axl

Meet Slash

Meet Duff

Meet Izzy

Meet Steven

Meet Matt

Purchased a solo album by a former or current member of GNR (Izzy's 117o)

Read an autobiography by a present or former member of GNR (Slash and Duff's books)

Have an autograph from a current of former member

New additions:

See GNR in a small venue (Hammerstein '06)

See GNR in a monster venue (100k+ in attendance)

Caught up in a GNR-related riot (Philly '02 - FYI: I just watched, didn't partake)

Feel free to take from some of my examples if they're on your bucket list. I might add to mine if I see stuff from others that looks awesome.

So, what's on your GNR bucket list?

I only have one thing on my GNR list and that's to see a reunion show. Somehow I feel I'm not going to get that one done before I am... done.

Totally agree about the ending. I openly admit I was skeptical going in, but I was sold after the first few songs. We were in the lower bowl on the left side of the stage but thought the show was killer right up til about here:

What happened? Couldn't tell from the video. But, I would consider being there to see Axl leave early would be on any gnr bucket list (in a strange way)

What happened? Couldn't tell from the video. But, I would consider being there to see Axl leave early would be on any gnr bucket list (in a strange way)

Reports are conflicting on what actually happened, but here's my recollection of what happened:

As I said before, they band were great throughout the whole night up til Patience. That song was a MESS. To me, it sounded like someone just wasn't playing the right chords through the whole song. Axl looked visibly pissed through the whole song (less bloated, but no good mood :) ). As you see in the video, he just tossed the mic and bounced right before Robin's solo. He did come back after Robin's solo though. He came out, grabbed the mic and just stood in the center of the stage to sing the outro of the song. When it ended, he just said "Thank you. Good night.", tossed the mic again and bounced. If I remember right, the entire band wasn't even off stage before the house lights came back up.

• Like 1

Nice topic.

Mine would be:

Taking my teenage son to his first ever concert - and it was GnR

Being in the front row at the 2002 Tacoma show, which was basically Axl's real attempt at promoting the new line-up (Bucket and Fink)

Taking my wife to her first ever concert - and it was GnR

Seeing Civil War, You're Crazy and Estranged live were definitely highlights.

Reports are conflicting on what actually happened, but here's my recolection of what happened:

As I said before, they band were great throughout the whole night up til Patience. That song was a MESS. To me, it sounded like someone just wasn't playing the right chords through the whole song. Axl looked visibly pissed through the whole song (less bloated, but no good mood :) ). As you see in the video, he just tossed the mic and bounced right before Robin's solo. He did come back after Robin's solo though. He came out, grabbed the mic and just stood in the center of the stage to sing the outro of the song. When it ended, he just said "Thank you. Good night.", tossed the mic again and bounced. If I remember right, the entire band wasn't even off stage before the house lights came back up.

I was at this show as well. Pretty much spot on from memory as well. I bought lower bowl seats, but lucked into being let in one of the lower bowl suites, right by the left side of the stage (from bands point of view). I remember the crowd pretty much sucked all night as well. It was TOO different for Detroit crowds in 2002 imo. But Axl did sing well, I remember being impressed by his SCOM that night, much better than Tokyo 92 (which at that time was the only other gnr concert I had even seen).

I still say 2011 at the Palace was a MUCH better concert.

Hey, what are the concerts shown in the Better video? No Ottawa, Quebec or Paris? What other concerts did you go in Europe on 2006? There might be a chance you're in the clip, maybe just not appear in it.

Never even thought of that!

Only went to one concert while I was in Europe in 2006. Actually had my friend who as traveling through Europe at the time to change his plans so he'd be in Paris for the concert. A day or two after we took off to Spain for several weeks.

The sad part is I barely remember that concert. My friend and I got licked prior and during show. We brought several bottles of wine that we drank outside the arena while the show openers were on.

Well, I don't know about Paris, but I'm pretty sure the Madrid concert was on the video.

- getting to hear CD ll and all the Chinese Era material

- Smack Matt Sorum on the mouth for everything he did for dolphins and his solo album

- Live to see the day the perfect crime doc, and everything from the Illusions tour gets released. All the pro shot material.

- Attending a Guns show with Izzy, Duff, and Axl all performing together on stage (tried to keep it realistic so no Slash)

Edited by Rovim

Accomplishments:

Seen GN'R live (twice) 2010 and 2012

Own every GN'R album on CD

Watched every GN'R music video

Watched every GN'R live video on youtube from 1986, 88, 90,91,92,93,2006,2010,2011,2012,2013 and 2014

met Duff Mckagan

Seen Estranged live (favorite song)

own a kickass GN'R leather jacket

had a talk online (twitter, FB etc) with: Bumblefoot, DJ Ashba and Steven Adler

Have a GN'R tattoo

Wish list:

Meet Axl, Izzy, Steven, Slash, Matt, Dizzy and everyone of the current line up

own every GN'R album on Vinyl

See GN'R in another country

see GN'R with atleast one of the original members

See Adler live

catch Axl's microphone

see TWAT, Prostitute, Dead Horse, Nice Boys and Yesterdays live

get more GN'R tattoo's

drink a bottle of jack with Axl

Edited by GNRmello77

See GNR Live. (see sig)

See them perform Estranged, TWAT, Prostitute, Coma, Locomotive, and You're Crazy.

Meet an original member.

Meet a new member. (Ron x2, Dj x1)

Hear unreleased song(s).

See original member(s) perform with Axl. (Duff x2, Izzy x2)

Catch the mic at the end of PC.

Hear the (completed) unreleased Chinese songs.

Good thread topic. I haven't done many things on my bucket list but I did get to see the band in 1993.

Wish List:

See a current GNR show

Meet Axl, love to get a photo and autograph too

Catch Axl's mic

See the Illusions tour documentary

Read Axl's autobiography (if he were to write one)

Purchase new GNR music!

Attend a classic GN'R concert (-ish, saw them live in 1993.)

Attend a post 1994 GN'R concert (only one so far, though, in 2006. Had tickets for another concert, but I was ill that day.)

Attend a GN'R concert in another country.

Been along the rail/had first row seats at a GN'R concert (along the rail in 1993, front row seats in Manchester 2006.)

Meet Axl

Have an autograph from a current or former member (I have an autographed picture of Axl, but I'm not sure if it's genuine...)

Big, impossible dreams:

Interview Axl

Co-author some GN'R lyrics

See Guns N' Roses perform
See Axl's band perform (Saw him in 2010 and 2012)
See Slash's band perform
See Velvet Revolver perform
See Buckethead perform
See Nine Inch Nails perform
See Izzy Stradlin perform (Saw him in Palma de Mallorca, Spain 2012)
See Axl killing it (Saw him in Lima, Peru 2010)
See Axl ridiculing himself (Saw him in Palma de Mallorca, Spain 2012)
Meet Axl Rose (Outside Marriott Hotel, 2010)
Get Axl's autograph (Outside Marriott Hotel, 2010)
Take a picture with Axl (Outside Marriott Hotel, 2010)
Have a conversation with Axl (Outside Marriott Hotel, 2010)
Meet Slash
Get Slash's autograph (My now ex-girlfriend got me one in 2009! I still want to get one myself!)
Take a picture with Slash
Have a conversation with Slash
Meet Duff (Bookends Bookstore, Ridgewood, NJ, USA 2011)
Get Duff's autograph (Bookends Bookstore, Ridgewood, NJ, USA 2011)
Take a picture with Duff (Bookends Bookstore, Ridgewood, NJ, USA 2011)
Have a conversation with Duff (Bookends Bookstore, Ridgewood, NJ, USA 2011)
Meet Izzy
Get Izzy's autograph
Take a picture with Izzy
Have a conversation with Izzy
Meet Matt
Get Matt's autograph
Take a picture with Matt
Have a conversation with Matt
Meet Steven Adler (Outside Voce Club, Lima 2007)
Get Steven's autograph (Outside Voce Club, Lima 2007)
Take a picture with Steven
Have a conversation with Steven (Outside Voce Club, Lima 2007)

__

I think that's pretty much it, for now.

Edited by Nosaj Thing
  • Like 1