Bands with similar sound?

Since there is no new music from GNR, is there bands with similar sound, that could somehow ease the pain? With the sound I mainly mean bands where the vocals are similar to Axl's. You know, long screeches that really sell the anger, desperation or any other feeling the song is trying to emote? Preferrably with good lyrics as well. Any recommendations?

Since there is no new music from GNR, is there bands with similar sound, that could somehow ease the pain? With the sound I mainly mean bands where the vocals are similar to Axl's. You know, long screeches that really sell the anger, desperation or any other feeling the song is trying to emote? Preferrably with good lyrics as well. Any recommendations?

Check out Rose Tattoo, "Nice Boys" is a Tats song GNR covered, the Hollywood Rose used the Rose Tattoo emblem as their logo.

They were an Australian band on Albert Records ( ACDC, The Angles etc)- ACDC's drummer was in a band with Tats singer Angry Anderson called Buster Brown before both bands formed.

Edited by DR DOOM
  • Like 1

Check out Rose Tattoo, "Nice Boys" is a Tats song GNR covered, the Hollywood Rose used the Rose Tattoo emblem as their logo.

They were on Australian band on Albert Records ( ACDC, The Angles etc)- ACDC's drummer was in a band with Tats singer Angry Anderson called Buster Brown before both bands formed.

Hey, that's already something! Scarred for life is pretty close. They rock for sure. Thanks! :P

M Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold really has an Axl sounding voice. A calm, nasally voice, and a high, 'raspy', voice. I've heard that they've had the same vocal coach, and that's why they sound so much alike.

their whole last album sounded like a mash up of afd, uyi, and the black album

especially this

dunno how people could listen to them

Hard rock is dead and it's been dead since GNR broke up lol. If you're into hard rock, you're gonna have to find old records from old bands etc. Rock and metal is still alive, but it's not mainstream anymore and defiantly NOT hard rock.

Exactly: nobody sings like Axl Rose.

What Axl Rose did on GNR recordings, and what Axl Rose did live (mainly from 1985 to 1991) is unique and can not be duplicated;

Even Axl Rose himself can't sing like "himself" anymore.

Axl began to struggle with his voice and his delivery in late 1991, early 1992, and ever since then he can't sing like "himself" anymore.

You won't find another Axl anywhere;

But you can find lots of bands that Axl grew up listening and idolizing.

They are not as good as GNR.

But they are fucking great.

I don't know how old you are and how much you know about music;

Hope you can ease your pain with these:

And, of course, you can always find the not-so-familiar and still-a-bit-obscure Axl: