Bands with similar sound?

I fucking love these guys. Alot of their really good stuff isn't even on youtube. The had a 5 song EP called "Sunday's Best". To me it was the best thing released in 2013 aside from Black Sabbath's "13"..

Hillbilly Hearld is cool I saw them open for Slash. 13 sucks ass though.

Check out The Treatment, they opened for Crüe on The Tour in 2012

Similar sound is a different thing to point, because even with so few albums, Guns N' Roses has experienced many different genres. Guns N' Roses tried glam, hard rock, heavy metal, country, classic Stone-sy rock, opera rock and even punk on just a few albums. What really defined their sound and added the GNR touch was Axl's voice and Slash's tone, that, although always trying different stuff, were always very characteristic. And that's impossible to replicate, although both of them tried really hard.

Edited by ManetsBR

Most of their stuff doesn't sound like GnR but from the first time I ever heard this song and still to this day I think it screams GnR. I can totally picture Axl singing on this and the guitar reminds me of Slash I think. Especially the solo and intro.

Man, most of those modern rock bands seem so fake with their "bad boys" act or with their angst. Even with their black leather and scruffy looks it still looks like they were styled that way, for the videos or whatever. So it's kind hard to listen to them with a straight face.

I couldn't agree more.

You'll probably have more joy delving backwards instead of looking into "modern" bands to get a good dose of hard rock.

Not really like GNR, but I think/in my opinion The Electric Six were the last great rock and roll band

Edited by DR DOOM

Some songs from Buckcherry's first album. At least there was an attempt there to sound like Guns. Shit band though. I like a few songs like Lit Up. Really good coke song.

"I'M ON A PLANE WITH COCAINE AND YES I'M ALL LIT UP AGAIN!"

Edited by Rovim

No bands got really similar sounds like GNR, in my opinion
They were unique at that time. I've never heard a record like the UYI records. Not even close
Same applies with CD, though

The most closest to the oldschool GNR guitar and drum sound is Slash's new solo band. (But i really stretch this out)

Edited by Motivation

Most of their stuff doesn't sound like GnR but from the first time I ever heard this song and still to this day I think it screams GnR. I can totally picture Axl singing on this and the guitar reminds me of Slash I think. Especially the solo and intro.

It reminded me of GNR until the chorus, I really disliked the chorus.

"Give me a Yeah!" This could be a great song, but this sentence ruins the song.

Edit: Axl should hire the guy that plays the solo

Edited by blablabla123

Man, most of those modern rock bands seem so fake with their "bad boys" act or with their angst. Even with their black leather and scruffy looks it still looks like they were styled that way, for the videos or whatever. So it's kind hard to listen to them with a straight face.

I couldn't agree more.

You'll probably have more joy delving backwards instead of looking into "modern" bands to get a good dose of hard rock.

Not really like GNR, but I think/in my opinion The Electric Six were the last great rock and roll band

I wanna take you to a gay bar.

Electric Six is alright. I'd heard of them (covered Queen's Radio Ga Ga), but never listened to them until The Kleptones used Gay Bar on A Night at the Hip Hopera.

• Like 1

I wanna take you to a gay bar.

Electric Six is alright. I'd heard of them (covered Queen's Radio Ga Ga), but never listened to them until The Kleptones used Gay Bar on A Night at the Hip Hopera.

They are sort of considered a novelty band thanks to Gay Bar, Danger! High Voltage and the Radio Ga Ga cover ( and their stuff having a real sense of humour) but they have a lot of really great rocking songs.

The first few albums in particular, are fucking awesome.

• Like 1

Another vote for Dangerous Toys, they had some really good stuff.

Here is an example and it has cow bell in it so you know it's good :headbang: lol

This is Outlaw and it sounds alot like AFD if you use a little imagination .

another favorite of mine Ten Boots

Edited by bigcountry