What Slash Likes Best About Axl

Honestly, I know I speculated that this could be a setup for something good in the future, but why does everyone feel the need to read so negatively into things? Ass kissing from Slash? Maybe the interview was straight forward in the claim that it decided to put a spin on things by asking only for positive information. EVERY other Axl question people ask Slash is ALWAYS negative. Same for asking Axl a Slash question. It's always negative. It must be nice to be asked for positive information sometimes.

There's really no need to read into every little thing, especially when it's going to be such a negative inference.

Although I guess if nothing negative was ever said, we wouldn't have awesome quotes like my signature. :)

Edited by Amish

Slash said essentially these things in his book so it is nothing new, however I wonder what compelled him to break his "don't talk about Axl in interviews" thing he has had going on for a while for this specific interview.

Slash said essentially these things in his book so it is nothing new, however I wonder what compelled him to break his "don't talk about Axl in interviews" thing he has had going on for a while for this specific interview.

Videos were getting less views. Nobody really cares about his new album. I don't even think a lot people care about GN'R getting together again, they just want to follow the feud.

I don't think he likes fueling the fire when it comes to Axl and his relationship. If it's a positive question about Axl that Slash can answer without being the bad guy then he's all for it. It's when people ask "why did you leave the band? Was it Axl? How much of an asshole is he?"

I think it was nice of slash to answer the question and it was a great answer (not that I know Axl) but seemed like something nice to say about the guy.

Obviously Axl and Slash admire certain qualities about each other, but the other 90% of each others qualities they likely despise.

It is basically true of everything Slash has said since their initial feud back in the mid '90s. The idea that ''Slash spent years badmouthing Axl'' is a complete and utter fabrication. I have read and listened to thousands of interviews by Slash (I own many press clippings and recordings from my youth, a youth misspent following this ridiculous band) and have turned up nothing, nihil, zero. It is funny because this supports the theory that if you repeat the lie often enough, it gains common currency; Axl fans have basically repeated it again and again to the point where it is almost considered true because critics of it have been shouted down.

It is not true.

• Like 1

Axl's brilliant and I'm sure that if it wasn't for his distinct voice/singing and songwriting abilities, GN'R wouldn't have made it. This comes from someone who's a big admirer of Slash; still what sells a band is always the singer and the songs.

I'm sure that Axl would have made it in any band he were; there's no denial that all the rest of the guys were the perfect fit, as they say only those 5 guys could have pulled out AFD. Still Axl's a one of a kind singer with a one of a kind voice, he would always have made it.

It's cool for Slash to recognize it because it's the truth. As for the personal questions and the relationship with Axl, it's up to them so no comments from my side.