Terminator Genisys

If they make another Terminator movie with Arnold, I will go and watch it, this is supposedly the first movie in a 3 movie installment, I don't know how they will proceed after the debacle of this movie, but Terminator has became a brand and people will go and watch it for Arnold

Maybe the GOT actors are cursed. None of them have been in anything noteworthy.

Except for Peter Dinklage and Richard Madden.

lena headey i thought was a pretty good sarah connor but the show died after 2 seasons so it kind of fits with the curse.

They ruined Terminator. :(

Is there another major film series where the main character is never played by the same actor twice?

Nick Platt in Coronation Street.

:lol:!

Bond, James Bond...

Edited by Snake-Pit

But Bond has indeed been played by the same actor twice. The only one who didn't do a second film was Lazenby so it doesn't quite fit the comparison.

Well... Edward Furlong got chubby...

I feel the casting let this movie down;:

Kyle Reese was wrong, Vin Diesel could have played this part, that's how wrong they got it.

John Connor was wrong

80's punks were too preppy

80's hobo was too clean

and writing; I just don't like what they did to John Connor.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Saw it last night...THIS MOVIE WAS TERRIBLE!! As others have said..terrible casting. One of the cool things about Kyle Reese in the original, was he was this lanky non-muscular regular dude. No need to buff him up. Also, in all The Terminator films and television show, Sarah Connor was always on edge. In this one they made her kinda laid back. Plus, there was no chemistry with Kyle Reese.

I didn't really care for the story; I don't like what they did with John Connor. If they wanted to go in a with direction, like the television show, that maybe Connor is sorta responsible for the creation of Skynet//Terminators, that would have been really cool...but to turn him evil....meh, stupid plot twist.

Why don't they just grab the cast from the television show. None are too old. All had great chemistry with each other... and it was just a much better story.

Edited by SunnyDRE
  • Like 3

I saw it this weekend. I've got to say the negativity lobbed toward this film by critics is unwarranted. This wasn't just an ok film, it was an excellent "third" installment of the Terminator series. T3 and T4 were just unwatchable crap IMHO. Even the new guy, Jai Courtney, who plays Reece, wasn't as terrible as many made him out to be. I completely enjoyed myself from beginning to end. I may see it again tomorrow and trust me, I haven't seen a movie in the theater twice since T2.

I've seen these same critics at work before, with negative reviews of "Back To The Future 2", and for the same reasons they are trashing TG: convoluted plot and hard to follow time travel story. I laughed when I read that about BTTF2. I'm laughng now because it's the same tired excuse being used to trash TG. I don't think many critics can process sci-fi logic anymore. It looks like a lot of the dialogue scenes with John Connor and Reece in 2029 were reshot, or alternate (better) takes were used from what can be seen in the current trailers available. Are there flaws in the movie? Certainly, but they don't outnumber the flaws that are also in T1 and T2.

I liked the new Sarah Connor and Kyle Reece, and I accepted their relationship would be different based on these new circumstances. As soon as I switched of the "this guy isn't Michael Biehn" thought process, it was easy to accept Courtney in the role. I think the producers of this film really did a bad disservice to themselves by releasing unfinished CG scenes, like "Pops'" half face during the T-3000 fight and 1984 T-800 fight. These scenes in the film are excellent. And I really like the fact that TG didn't slavishly hang on to the leather jacket and sunglasses for Arnold like the previous sequels. I like how Pops was more humanized, and being with Sarah since the age of 9, he would exhibit more human aspects.

I was impressed that Pops actually got a construction job during the building of the Genysis/Cyberdine facility. Perfect use of his infiltration abilities, instead of just remaining in hiding from 1984 to 2017.

The one thing I couldn't grasp was how Pops and Sarah were able to construct a working time machine in 1984.

If you're a Terminator fan, you'll be kicking yourself if these unfounded bad reviews keep you from seeing this in a theater.

Edited by MrPoe

Can't believe so many people on here like it. I am a huge Terminator fan and didn't think it was good. It isn't a 2/10 (rotten tomatoes), but its like a 5 or 6 which isn't great compared to T1 and T2.

Can't believe you prefer T3 lol

but guess every person is a different world

I saw it this weekend. I've got to say the negativity lobbed toward this film by critics is unwarranted. This wasn't just an ok film, it was an excellent "third" installment of the Terminator series. T3 and T4 were just unwatchable crap IMHO. Even the new guy, Jai Courtney, who plays Reece, wasn't as terrible as many made him out to be. I completely enjoyed myself from beginning to end. I may see it again tomorrow and trust me, I haven't seen a movie in the theater twice since T2.
I've seen these same critics at work before, with negative reviews of "Back To The Future 2", and for the same reasons they are trashing TG: convoluted plot and hard to follow time travel story. I laughed when I read that about BTTF2. I'm laughng now because it's the same tired excuse being used to trash TG. I don't think many critics can process sci-fi logic anymore. It looks like a lot of the dialogue scenes with John Connor and Reece in 2029 were reshot, or alternate (better) takes were used from what can be seen in the current trailers available. Are there flaws in the movie? Certainly, but they don't outnumber the flaws that are also in T1 and T2.
I liked the new Sarah Connor and Kyle Reece, and I accepted their relationship would be different based on these new circumstances. As soon as I switched of the "this guy isn't Michael Biehn" thought process, it was easy to accept Courtney in the role. I think the producers of this film really did a bad disservice to themselves by releasing unfinished CG scenes, like "Pops'" half face during the T-3000 fight and 1984 T-800 fight. These scenes in the film are excellent. And I really like the fact that TG didn't slavishly hang on to the leather jacket and sunglasses for Arnold like the previous sequels. I like how Pops was more humanized, and being with Sarah since the age of 9, he would exhibit more human aspects.
I was impressed that Pops actually got a construction job during the building of the Genysis/Cyberdine facility. Perfect use of his infiltration abilities, instead of just remaining in hiding from 1984 to 2017.
The one thing I couldn't grasp was how Pops and Sarah were able to construct a working time machine in 1984.
If you're a Terminator fan, you'll be kicking yourself if these unfounded bad reviews keep you from seeing this in a theater.

Just what I thought about the movie. Except in my opinion, some dialogues were a bit stupid, and the conversation that John and Kyle had before attacking Skynet was like they were just reading the script :/. And the time machine thing, of course.

There are lines that I don't like, like when Sarah hughes Pops, and he comments that that's an useless action. I don't think a terminator would say such an irrelevant comment, even after he is a very humanized one.

Loved how the guardian evolved almost as a person. All these years with humans... a terminator having a job, lol, would love to see scenes like those. I think there should be some scenes about what the guardian was doing in those 33 years.

The internacional box office hits 225 Million so far and counting. I think those who think it won't have a sequel should have to reconsider it.

Edited by Raykugen
  • Like 1

Who profits from the international market? Does the studio and production company get any of it?

I guess some %, depends on the contract, usually they give it to a worldwide distributor for a specific amount, some of them give it to different distributors for different countries.