Terminator Genisys

So...if they didn't bang in 1984 and are now stuck in 2017, haven't they eliminated John Conner for Skynet? Unless they build ANOTHER time machine just to go back and screw...idk...
So wait, you're saying the war was lost when they traveled to 2017? :(

(Because that happens, no guy, no human resistance at all, they jump, boom, we're done).

See, if John Connor isn't conceived in 1984, and the only option is to do so when Kyle Reece is a kid, then there is no adult John Connor to lead the resistance in 2029. Who's going to listen to a 12 year old kid?

So they without conceiving him jump from 1984 to 2017 and that's it, roll credits and old arnold is now bad again.

The End

'Cept Hollywood passed a law back in day that I think is still in effect today; The bad guys can never win.

Except in horror movies lol

Some funfacts (T2):

In the audio commentary, James Cameron says that not only was the biker bar scene filmed across the street from where LAPD officers beat up Rodney King, but that they were filming the night of the beating.
Production took sufficiently long that Edward Furlong visibly aged during the shoot - he is clearly much younger in the desert, for instance, than in other scenes. His voice began to break and had to be pitched to one level in post-production.

Industrial Light and Magic's computer graphics department had to grow from six artists to almost 36 to accommodate all the work required to bring the T-1000 to life, costing $5.5 million and taking 8 months to produce, which ultimately amounted to 3.5 minutes of screen time.

A female passer-by actually wandered onto the biker bar set thinking it was real, despite walking past all the location trucks, cameras and lights. Seeing Arnold Schwarzenegger standing in the bar dressed only in boxer shorts, she wondered aloud what was going on, only for Schwarzenegger to reply that it was male stripper night.
Special F/X guru Stan Winston and his crew studied hours of nuclear test footage in order to make Sarah Connor's "nuclear nightmare" scene as real as possible. In late 1991, members of several U.S. federal nuclear testing labs unofficially declared it "the most accurate depiction of a nuclear blast ever created for a fictional motion picture".
Given Arnold Schwarzenegger's $15-million salary and his total of 700 words of dialog, he was paid $21,429 per word. "Hasta la vista, baby" cost $85,716.
The first film to have a production budget of more than US$100 million dollars.
The "forced medication" scene (Special Edition only) had to be re-shot several times because actor Ken Gibbel wouldn't hit Linda Hamilton properly with his nightstick. The scene was very physically demanding and Hamilton was furious with Gibbel because he repeatedly botched it. She got her revenge in a later scene where she beats Gibbel with a broken-off broom handle - the blows are for real.
The sound used for Arnold Schwarzenegger's shotgun is actually two cannons.
Billy Idol was James Cameron's original choice to play the T1000. A motorcycle accident prevented Idol from taking on the role.
Most of Edward Furlong's voice had to be re-dubbed by Furlong again in post-production because it changed during shooting. His young voice is left intact only in the scene where he and Terminator are talking about why people cry, because James Cameron wanted it to sound dramatic and thought it was better if left intact.
Lead singer of heavy metal band WASP, Blackie Lawless, was considered for the role of the liquid-metal T-1000, although his height proved to be a problem. The role of the original Terminator had been written for a man of average stature, who could easily blend in to a crowd, and James Cameron wanted to apply that original concept to dramatic effect for the T-1000. In an AOL chat, Lawless explained: "Probably the biggest regret that I have, though I didn't turn it down, was a part in Terminator 2 that Robert Patrick got. Arnold Schwarzenegger wanted me to do the part, but when he found out I was 6'4", I couldn't. I regret not being able to do that."
Arnold Schwarzenegger wasn't sure initially about the Terminator not being able to kill people; he suspected the studio were trying to soften the violence like on Conan the Destroyer (1984). He felt that had destroyed the Conan series and didn't want to see it happen with this series as well, but since Terminator 2 was rated R, he relaxed a little.
  • Like 1

Lead singer of heavy metal band WASP, Blackie Lawless, was considered for the role of the liquid-metal T-1000, although his height proved to be a problem. The role of the original Terminator had been written for a man of average stature, who could easily blend in to a crowd, and James Cameron wanted to apply that original concept to dramatic effect for the T-1000. In an AOL chat, Lawless explained: "Probably the biggest regret that I have, though I didn't turn it down, was a part in Terminator 2 that Robert Patrick got. Arnold Schwarzenegger wanted me to do the part, but when he found out I was 6'4", I couldn't. I regret not being able to do that."

blackie-lawless-2014.jpg

CALL TO JOHN

Time travel will never exist. If it did, we'd have someone from the future come back to present already.

Unless of course, a time traveler didn't travel back far enough which I find very unlikely.

> WHAT DO WE WANT?

< TIME TRAVEL!

> WHEN DO WE WANT IT?

< IRRELEVANT!

barely going to scrounge past $90 million in North America.

Awful.

This series is over, unless China randomly buys into it.

goodbye King Conan or any chance of Arnie in another reboot/sequel (Predator 4?).

The disappointing thing is that Arnie was the best thing about it, even if he was given some awful lines.

The rest of the cast/script/cgi was what dragged it into the shitter.

• Like 1

Awful.

goodbye King Conan or any chance of Arnie in another reboot/sequel (Predator 4?).

It hasn't even doubled the estimated $155 Million budget yet for the worldwide gross. I also read that with marketing included the film would have to earn $400-$450 Million overall to break even. It's safe to say the sequels won't happen.

Awful.

It hasn't even doubled the estimated $155 Million budget yet for the worldwide gross. I also read that with marketing included the film would have to earn $400-$450 Million overall to break even. It's safe to say the sequels won't happen.

And the studio constantly downsized the budget closer to release. Early production articles repeatedly cite the budget at $190 million. They may have gotten some tax breaks or something, but yeah, studios generally only recoup half a film's earnings (and theaters retain the other half), so, with marketing factors considered, if the total budget was closer to $300 million (which I'd say is a bare minimum given the extensive ad campaign, stuff like Superbowl spots ain't cheap!), that means it needs around $600 million to break even.

Arnold's career as an actor is over, I'm sure he'll still get some projects but his days as a huge budget leading man have effectively been rendered innate by this movie.

I do believe if it had actually been GOOD, and received good reviews, it could have done better. Look at Mission Impossible or Mad Max. These are movies with older fanbases who, through strong reviews and word of mouth, are generating audience goodwill and capturing vast demographics.

If Terminator Genisys had been a good film, well made and well received, and opened as low as it did, I guarantee it would have crossed $100 million, just like Edge of Tomorrow did a summer or two ago (that movie opened to a very similar amount domestically, but had strong legs because people actually LIKED it and told their friends about it).

T:G was just an abortion of a franchise reboot and it's funny to me how the studio bungled it from beginning to end, from the talent behind the camera to the talent in front of it (Jai Courtney, please go away forever).

I do believe if it had actually been GOOD, and received good reviews, it could have done better. Look at Mission Impossible or Mad Max. These are movies with older fanbases who, through strong reviews and word of mouth, are generating audience goodwill and capturing vast demographics.

Yup, I would have gone to see it, same with my friends. As it became more and more apparent that it was a piece of poo, none of us decided to spend our money on it. Reviews for Mad Max were so good I decided to check it out despite not caring much for The Road Warrior, and I loved it so much I went to see it twice.

I still don't understand why Jurassic World has made so much money, though...

Yup, I would have gone to see it, same with my friends. As it became more and more apparent that it was a piece of poo, none of us decided to spend our money on it. Reviews for Mad Max were so good I decided to check it out despite not caring much for The Road Warrior, and I loved it so much I went to see it twice.

I still don't understand why Jurassic World has made so much money, though...

I think Jurassic World had a lot going in its favor: nostalgia being the big one.

Think about it this way, in 1993 it was the rare film that captured all audiences' imaginations (god, that sounds corny, but you get what I mean). So you had middle-aged people seeing it because it was an 'event' film, younger people seeing it, and kids seeing it. Those kids grew up on it and are now taking their really young kids to see it, the movie was marketed really strongly in a way that people who were teen-age who don't have as much nostalgia for the original would still be interested in it because it's a Big Action Movie, and those middle-aged people who saw it in 1993 were reminded of how much they enjoyed it and now they're in their 60s and they're going to see it, so it becomes not only a date movie but a family event movie. It was really cleverly marketed this way. As an anecdotal example, my 64-year-old dad was interested in seeing it because of his memories of the first film and he never cares about seeing new movies. :lol: We watched it last night actually and he didn't really like it much, but it's still another ticket. I saw it with my sisters opening weekend and I don't often see films in theaters either (not because I don't like movies, I just find the theater experience lackluster most of the time because of the other people, and the overpriced nonsense/3D gimmicks/etc).

Plus despite mixed fanboy reviews Jurassic World seemed to be really well-received by audiences, or else it would have dropped quickly after the big opening. It hung around the top five for weeks. Last films I can recall performing in such a way were Avengers and Avatar.

Well I Liked the movie. Thought it was good. Sure you got no Linda Hamilton or Eddie furlong, which is really what people want to see, but

they did a fine job of working with what they got. It had story, action and time travel. It could have been a whole lot worse, look at Salvation.

I dont really watch Terminator for the acting. Its about robots hunting humans down and Arnie say Fuck You in a robotically funny accent. Have some explosions and stunts involving vehicles.

Last Blood. Is Sly making this movie or my screensaver dreaming?

I know I'm really late on this, but honestly, I really enjoyed the movie. I saw the Terminator films when I was quite young, and because this movie was just so campy and over the top, it brought back that same sort of feeling I had when I first saw them. I knew the plot was needlessly convoluted and the acting wasn't great, but I loved it anyway because of the nostalgia factor. It at least FELT like a Terminator movie, which Salvation can't say.

• Like 2

I know I'm really late on this, but honestly, I really enjoyed the movie. I saw the Terminator films when I was quite young, and because this movie was just so campy and over the top, it brought back that same sort of feeling I had when I first saw them. I knew the plot was needlessly convoluted and the acting wasn't great, but I loved it anyway because of the nostalgia factor. It at least FELT like a Terminator movie, which Salvation can't say.

Pretty much my same thoughts. I wouldn't say I "loved" it, but it was good fun and I'm actually looking forward to buying the blu ray and watching it again when it comes out. Thought Arnold was really good in it. Some things didn't make sense (how did he randomly get upgraded at the end?), but whatever, it was fun.

• Like 1