COUNT DOWN WHICH BANDS HAVE HAD THE MOST RIDICULOUS AMOUNTS OF LINEUP CHANGES

better be prepared to drop members and pick up some new ones along the way. Yes, there are some legendary and long-running groups that still have all their original members, but the pressures of what it takes to succeed in music the endless tours, the long hours in the studio, the financial stress- leads many to an inevitable split due to personal or artistic differences. Those changes have led some groups to amass small armies of past members.

Whether groups replacing aging members when they go on their inevitable reunion tour or dealing with interpersonal conflicts, its not uncommon for many bands to go through a small lineup change once or twice during their lifetime. And then theres the groups on our list, all of whom have gone through at least 16 different members during their moment in the spotlight.

Transitions in sound and psychological burnout led Fleetwood Mac toward a lineup change that completely changed their sound, while Latin boy band Menudo, popular for decades, kicked out singers when they hit 16. Guns N Roses has had more than 20 members over its nearly 30-year history, with frontman Axl Rose left standing as the bands only original member. Which other bands have had a ridiculous number of member changes? Check out our list and remember, its not how many bassists youve had that matters, but how many groupies they can pull.

http://m.vh1.com/music/tuner/2014-09-22/bands-with-the-most-member-changes/

Guns only had one stable line up that actually did enough to be valued by it's fans. Very sad, but true. Chinese was a project that too many people were involved in. I love it, I love Chinese, but gotta be honest. Too bad, cause with Robin, Bucket, and Brain, Axl could have done something cool. Not as cool as old Guns, but something that people could have accepted. But I don't really blame him. I know he's insane, and at least CD ll will be out eventually. (imo)

Edited by Rovim

The Fastbacks probably have as many lineup changes, one of which as we know was Duff.

Sisters of Mercy, Megadeth, and Jethro Tull have a high number count, I think Rainbow had a band lineup change every album, so did The Cure. Christian Death had many come and go. Queens of the Stone Age and Foo Fighters also had a lot of lineup changes.

AC/DC, especially now.

The Fastbacks probably have as many lineup changes, one of which as we know was Duff.

Sisters of Mercy, Megadeth, and Jethro Tull have a high number count, I think Rainbow had a band lineup change every album, so did The Cure. Christian Death had many come and go. Queens of the Stone Age and Foo Fighters also had a lot of lineup changes.

AC/DC, especially now.

Can't say anything bad about acdc now, he'll get a hitman to kill u

It's crazy how some bands like U2 have been able to stick together since their inception as the original line-up, without random spats and break-ups.

When Megadeth lost Menza and Friedman, the band was done. The new guys just don't have their chops.

GnR should just be Axl now, while everyone else hanging around are touring musicians.

Red Hot Chili Peppers have had a lot of stable lineups, but there have also been a few periods where they changed out guitarists like crazy. Also, in their early days Iron Maiden changed out members a ton, but I'm not sure if you'd count that or not. Judas Priest did too, but then they stabilized except for the drummers, but even that position found a stable member after awhile. King Diamond's bands (King Diamond and Mercyful Fate) have had stable lineups but they've also had many, many members over the years. Then there are The Smashing Pumpkins, but officially they haven't had a lot of members. Unofficially, I think it's somewhere in the twenties now.

• Like 1

It's crazy how some bands like U2 have been able to stick together since their inception as the original line-up, without random spats and break-ups.

When Megadeth lost Menza and Friedman, the band was done. The new guys just don't have their chops.

GnR should just be Axl now, while everyone else hanging around are touring musicians.

Bullshit. Chris Broderick is great.

• Like 1

U2 lived by a credo that they were brothers and equals and that if one man started to flag, the band would get around him to get him back on side.

As a result only one man has ever missed a gig the band has played in almost 30 years of live performances and that was Adam Clayton. Adam was struggling with alcohol after his break up with Naomi Campbell and was unconscious when the band took to the stage for the first night of their two night Zoo TV gig in Sydney Australia.

When Adam came round he expected to be fired but was met with very concerned band mates who didn't mention the gig but just asked what he need to get better.

Adam quit drinking the following day and played a faultless gig the next night, he has never drunk alcohol since.

The GNR boys just didn't care about each other enough by the time the UYI tours were on.

That's the difference.

Edited by Intercourse
  • Like 2

The documentary about Achtung Baby did make it seem like they went through a rough patch and couldn't pull it together. If you read the U2 by U2 book, or saw It Might Get Loud, you know that they came from nothing and everything they have done, they've had to fight for. They also had savvy management and a label head that went "take a cut in royalties, tour like mad, and I will give you the master tape rights at the end of the contract".

Steely Dan had a lot of lineup changes.

Megadeth has had several great albums since they left...

Broderick doesn't give the band the personality it needs. Some of his work on Endgame was great, but past that it's been average at best.

Drover's fairly weak also, especially compared to every previous drummer for the band.

Broderick doesn't give the band the personality it needs. Some of his work on Endgame was great, but past that it's been average at best.

Drover's fairly weak also, especially compared to every previous drummer for the band.

Megadeth were always my favorite band even though i think Mustaine is a total fuckwit in every way possible.

You can't deny his talent. (Peace sells - Countdown era)

They have released a very few solid albums since.

Personally i rank The system has failed right up there with RIP, And that album had no original members on it other than poland on a few tracks?

Im pretty sure Mustaines greed is the main reason they lost so many members over the years.

Megadeth were always my favorite band even though i think Mustaine is a total fuckwit in every way possible.

Personally i rank The system has failed right up there with RIP, And that album had no original members on it other than poland on a few tracks?

Im pretty sure Mustaines greed is the main reason they lost so many members over the years.

Megs was my favorite band for a long time also, albums like Peace, Rust and Youthanasia are classics to me. The band seemed to be getting back in form between TSHF and Endgame, but 13 and especially Super Collider killed my interest in new material from the band. I'm not sure where Dave's head is at, but he's dropped the ball.

Was expecting a lot more better things to come out of Ellefson reuniting with the band.

Megs was my favorite band for a long time also, albums like Peace, Rust and Youthanasia are classics to me. The band seemed to be getting back in form between TSHF and Endgame, but 13 and especially Super Collider killed my interest in new material from the band. I'm not sure where Dave's head is at, but he's dropped the ball.

Was expecting a lot more better things to come out of Ellefson reuniting with the band.

Yeah, I agree he has dropped the ball, I'd prefer if they only did new releases every 4-5 years and try to keep the quality up there. But Mustaine seems to be chasing the $ and will release anything.

He also seemks to have his fingers in the pie of any other way to exploit himself & megadeth for a dollar, Kinda sad what he has become.

The last album i liked mostly was United abominations, Since then ive lost touch and didn't even bother to listen to anything after but i always go see them live when they come over here.

• Like 1

Megadeth has had several great albums since they left...
Im the biggest Mustaine (and axl) fan in a a world. Broderick is terrible imo, no feeling at all. Drover on drums, god its just bad., boring. Just like with axls band....decent players with no real rock n roll emotion or image to it all.

Have to add, seems like there are other megadeth fans here too! Cool....

Edited by Kosonen
  • Like 1