The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

It is the start of Hamlet when they see the ghost of Hamlet.

No, we never quite got around to seeing a Schwarzenegger adaptation of Hamlet.

Its not a ghost of Hamlet they see its his old man.  

Arnie Hamlet!

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah but he aint THE Hamlet, the main character, Prince of Denmark and thats what people think of when you just say Hamlet.

I said 'ghost of Hamlet'. I assumed most people would ascertain that I am referring to King Hamlet, who is the only ghost of the piece, and not Prince Hamlet.

44 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I said 'ghost of Hamlet'. I assumed most people would ascertain that I am referring to King Hamlet, who is the only ghost of the piece, and not Prince Hamlet.

Look, its the one time I'll ever look cleverer than you, can you not just let me have it? :lol:  Please? :lol:  

On 13/11/2016 at 10:07 PM, Len Cnut said:

Oh they all have a story...I knew one who used to play the guitar and suprised me once, quoting tons and tons of Shakespeare offhand.  Entire sonnets and that.  I never did get his whole life story out of him but i did discover that his missus died met an untimely demise and that sort of drove him to that life.  He's really young too, younger than me.

There used to be a homeless woman at Yale, obviously mentally disturbed, and you could literally pick any Shakespeare play, act and scene and she could recite it flawlessly, right the way down to his problem plays.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PappyTron said:

There used to be a homeless woman at Yale, obviously mentally disturbed, and you could literally pick any Shakespeare play, act and scene and she could recite it flawlessly, right the way down to his problem plays.

I know perfectly sane people who can do that with the Qu'ran, which to me is a pretty illuminating comment on religion in general :lol:

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I know perfectly sane people who can do that with the Qu'ran, which to me is a pretty illuminating comment on religion in general :lol:

Yeah, but this woman used to shuffle around yelling out word-perfect Shakespeare one minute and talking to herself about goodness knows what the next.

3 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Yeah, but this woman used to shuffle around yelling out word-perfect Shakespeare one minute and talking to herself about goodness knows what the next.

What like 'be thou assured good Cassio i shall do my all on thy behalf and its Mothers Ruin by a length here at Haydock Park, we switch now to synchronised swimming, whether it is nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outraegeous fortune...ARSE BISCUITS!' :lol:

I'd've given her an E or something :lol:

9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

What like 'be thou assured good Cassio i shall do my all on thy behalf and its Mothers Ruin by a length here at Haydock Park, we switch now to synchronised swimming, whether it is nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outraegeous fortune...ARSE BISCUITS!' :lol:

No. More like:

Bystander: "Hey, can you do Henry V, Act III?"

Shakespeare Lady: "Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more:

Or close the wall up with our English dead.

(...)

Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!"

Bystander: "That was amazing."

Shakespeare Lady: "I told them to leave my potato alone. They're always after my magical potatoes and they're watching me through the TV"

Bystander: "Yeah, that's great and all. Do you know MacBeth?"

Shakespeare Lady: "Out, damned spot, out I say...."

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Are they perfectly sane though? I mean are they? Really? :lol:

16 hours ago, PappyTron said:

And by Yale you mean the brand of the padlock on her straitjacket? :lol:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

You fucking cuntbag! I'm sitting in my local having a jar on the way home and now the landlady thinks I'm a cunt for spraying Stella all over the couch! :lol:

Edit: I'm also somewhat ashamed of myself because until the bit about Haydock I didn't realise you'd switch to non Shakespearian. :lol:

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

And by Yale you mean the brand of the padlock on her straitjacket? :lol:

She looked perfectly normal until she started ranting and raving. She is, or at least was, well known. Kind of like an attraction, of sorts, and there were always these kind of like urban myths about her. One was that she was a former Yale professor who lost her mind and another was that she was a former student who lost her mind. As you can no doubt guess the rumours all had to do with her having been at Yale and losing her mind. :lol:

3 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

She looked perfectly normal until she started ranting and raving. She is, or at least was, well known. Kind of like an attraction, of sorts, and there were always these kind of like urban myths about her. One was that she was a former Yale professor who lost her mind and another was that she was a former student who lost her mind. As you can no doubt guess the rumours all had to do with her having been at Yale and losing her mind. :lol:

I think that the burning question has to be "was she fit" or did she more closely resemble my mate from last week on the subway? :lol:

Edited by Dazey