The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

Not long ago, I went to some party where thay didn't have beer, and I almost always drink beer, cause it doesn't fuck me up. So I decided to mix things up and see what feels the best. I didn't drink a lot of each, but I tried probably every tipe of alcohol they had. I ended up so wasted that I saw double but still didn't feel dizzy or sick. 

I wouldn't feel that bad, if I haven't met a gorgeous guy who was playing a guitar and singing the whole night for me. He was such a charmer, getting his hands through my hair, asking me if I was ok and so. At the end he tried to kiss me but I stood still and did nothing cause I was so wasted. Still didn't get over that embarassment. :facepalm:

2 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

MAD ELF – TROEGS (11%)

A personal favorite that has turned into a family tradition. Mad Elf pours a deep ruby and has a strong cherry taste with toasted caramel and spice at the end.

This sounds delicious! I love anything cherry too.

Btw, my new favourite wine..it is sooooo good.

Image result for apothic red wine

• Like 1

Just now, Whiskey Rose said:

It's the only red wine I can drink without having to pair it with food..good for lazy sunday afternoons..having said that, it's great with lasagna.

yeah i usually don't drink red wine on it's own. when i was in wholesale produce sales a guy who had a vineyard in the California Foothills used to come and buy veggies ( i think they had a small cafe there too for wine tour people.) anyway he gave me a bottle of this red wine that tasted like whiskey and was so strong it kicked my butt!

for Thanksgiving some people say a red is ok but i usually go with a nice Gewurtz. but for Christmas standing rib i do red of course :P

do you make your own lasagna? :)

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yeah i usually don't drink red wine on it's own. when i was in wholesale produce sales a guy who had a vineyard in the California Foothills used to come and buy veggies ( i think they had a small cafe there too for wine tour people.) anyway he gave me a bottle of this red wine that tasted like whiskey and was so strong it kicked my butt!

for Thanksgiving some people say a red is ok but i usually go with a nice Gewurtz. but for Christmas standing rib i do red of course :P

do you make your own lasagna? :)

I like a gewurtzraminer too bc it's sweet. You do a standing rib roast?? Major yum. Post the recipe in the cookin thread!

Yes I do, I have friends over every year for a lasagna night..we play board games afterward lol.

• Like 1

Just now, Whiskey Rose said:

I like a gewurtzraminer too bc it's sweet. You do a standing rib roast?? Major yum. Post the recipe in the cookin thread!

Yes I do, I have friends over every year for a lasagna night..we play board games afterward lol.

yeah every year. i tried to do a turkey one year but it was too soon after Thanksgiving so i decided to do standing rib after that! the recipe i use for the roast is so simple and i will post it :)

that is cool about lasagna night! italian food is kind of my go to. i have a spaghetti recipe that i basically learned in 6th grade that i have tweaked over the years. 

oh one Christmas i did a goose...ugh! they look so big but they yield very little meat :P

back on topic, yes gewurtz is sweet and i like that too and it's spicy! yum...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I quite like this idea of pairing alcohol with things. Tonight I drank 9 cans of Stella and paired them with this

20161112_215801.jpg

um, i see fries, or i guess i should call them chips. is that a beef tongue with them? and the other thing is that a hot dog with American cheese and ketchup??

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

um, i see fries, or i guess i should call them chips. is that a beef tongue with them? and the other thing is that a hot dog with American cheese and ketchup??

It's 2 breaded chicken burgers cut into 3 pieces, stuffed into half a baguette with 2 cheese slices and a squirt of ketchup. The second is the 4th part of the burger with chips. I couldn't eat it so had a French Fancy cake after but it's wasted on me. I'm glad the video I tried to post didn't work :lol:  

• Like 1

Just now, spunko12345 said:

It's 2 breaded chicken burgers cut into 3 pieces, stuffed into half a baguette with 2 cheese slices and a squirt of ketchup. The second is the 4th part of the burger with chips. I couldn't eat it so had a French Fancy cake after but it's wasted on me. I'm glad the video I tried to post didn't work :lol:  

mmmmm a french fancy cake sounds yummy :)

I'm sober on a Saturday for the first time in who knows how long. It's my one day a week (usually) of drinking (the way I drink, my old abused body can only take one day really) and I usually start around noon and go until system failure (meaning blackout conditions ? Usually 11 or midnight). I'm an old frat boy and still drink like one- Coors pounders in a can and a shot of Jack per each beer. Don't care for anything any fancier.

But I'm in AZ visiting family for the weekend, as well as trying to kick fucking tuberculosis or whooping cough or some fucking thing, and gotta fly early so... clean living.

I need to confine myself to this thread on Saturdays in the future. Sometimes on Sunday morning I see people have quoted me somewhere, and I think wow man. I said that?