The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

well i know this is going to sound mean but i don't have to worry about my ex anymore. he's dead. guess the coke, booze and whatever else he was abusing did him in ( plus he had diabetes and never took care of it.) i never saw him from the day i left him but a friend of his told me all about it after he died.

I always go for the top shelf with tequila like some Patron silver or Patron Reposado, if find shots of that stuff smooth as silk. My wife and i love making Tommy margarita's too......

2 shots of tequila

1 shot lime juice

1/2 shot of agave syrup

glass full of ice

really find that i don't get a bad hangover with this drink.

Edited by Silverburst80

• 4 weeks later...

I'm developing quite a taste for this moonshine shit, i dont seem to get much of a hangover with it, it mixes pretty well as well as goes down alright neat and it gives you a different sort of buzz, if that makes sense.  Whiskey feels like a bat across the head but with the shine you feel more like...awake it that makes sense.

15 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Never tried flavoured vodka in my life, havin' a go on a bottle of Puffys stuff, apple flavoured.  Ain't bad y'know.  I woulda got 50 Cents but they don't sell it round here :lol:

I guess it's kind of girly, but there's also a Bubblegum flavoured vodka and its delicious!

On 12/12/2016 at 9:16 PM, BlueJean Baby said:

God I think our ex's are too much alike. Mine called me at 2 am from Tattletales club in downtown Atlanta coz his friend left his drunk ass there and I need to come get him. After he kicked a dent in my car door because I was there (he did call me???) He blew up (threw up) all over the dash of my car on the way home. Still have problems with the smell of Jack Daniels to this day..

What a bellend.

On 1/6/2017 at 2:33 AM, Len Cnut said:

I'm developing quite a taste for this moonshine shit, i dont seem to get much of a hangover with it, it mixes pretty well as well as goes down alright neat and it gives you a different sort of buzz, if that makes sense.  Whiskey feels like a bat across the head but with the shine you feel more like...awake it that makes sense.

i must be more of a lightweight than i thought...i thought Everclear was as bad as moonshine but i was schooled that it's so not. so seeing as how i cannot handle everclear moonshine is a BIG NO! even bacardi 151 is too much to consider :(  

6 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i must be more of a lightweight than i thought...i thought Everclear was as bad as moonshine but i was schooled that it's so not. so seeing as how i cannot handle everclear moonshine is a BIG NO! even bacardi 151 is too much to consider :(  

Im pretty sure Everclear is stronger, the first jar of shine i got was 65% alcohol, the one McLeod got me was 50, Everclears in the 90s if im not mistaken.  That Polish shit i got was 98%

• Like 1

On 1/8/2017 at 8:13 PM, Len Cnut said:

Never tried flavoured vodka in my life, havin' a go on a bottle of Puffys stuff, apple flavoured.  Ain't bad y'know.  I woulda got 50 Cents but they don't sell it round here :lol:

Some flavored vodkas are alright. I like to use the Pinnacle whipped cream vodka when I make a White Russian - just adds to the creaminess of the drink.

7 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

I remember having Smirnoff Watermelon vodka ages ago. Tasted like a damn Jolly Rancher.

I had a bottle of that once, fucking disgusting. Took it to a party and left it on the booze table, had no desire to finish it. Not big on any of Smirnoff's vodkas actually. 

28 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

OK this is driving me nuts, my 86 year old mother will drink half a beer and put the bottle back in the fridge and drink that half (flat beer) the next day. Its just disgusting...:facepalm:

I have a bottle opener which just loosens the edge enough to pop the cap off without actually bending it, makes it easy to re-cap a bottle. I'll do that sometimes with a 22 oz/750 ml bottle, but that's it. I generally don't like to drink anything that comes in a bottle that size in one go, but it depends on the beer. I did that with a pineapple gose this afternoon - a beer like that is far too strong a flavor to drink 22 oz in one go.