The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

On 2/4/2017 at 10:13 PM, Fitha_whiskey said:

That's how I feel about beer. People be like- "this IPA has a nice hoppiness", and I'm over here just slamming Coors Light as fast as it will pour from a can... :lol:

Why were light beers invented?  I'm not taking the mickey, thats a serious question.  I mean was there anyone whoever looked at a beer and thought 'yknow what'd make this great?  If it were getting me less pissed'

50 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Why were light beers invented?  I'm not taking the mickey, thats a serious question.  I mean was there anyone whoever looked at a beer and thought 'yknow what'd make this great?  If it were getting me less pissed'

American light beers are supposedly just less calories, not less alcohol. I don't know if that's true or not. I'm not really gaining anything though, because I do a shot of Jack Daniel's at the start of each beer, and that shit has an insane amount of calories. I just drink light beer cuz I always have I guess. Sometimes when I travel outside my comfort zone on weird beers, my ass will make me aware of it the next day. 

But you're right- light beer is a weird thing. We Americans like a good contradiction I guess...

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Non-alcoholic beers. If I wasn't drinking I wouldn't be drinking beer. It is rather like Linda McCartney's sausages.

I think it would've been rather witty of her to put Pauls name to the sausages :lol:  How she managed to turn a working class Scousers from the 1950s into a vegetarian I'll never know, I bet he sneaks in the odd bacon butty when no ones lookin'.

On 05/02/2017 at 0:27 PM, wasted said:

I think I love booze more than life. 

Its better than life, it condenses all the good bits into a single experience and amplifies them.

Edited by Len Cnut

48 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

American light beers are supposedly just less calories, not less alcohol. I don't know if that's true or not. I'm not really gaining anything though, because I do a shot of Jack Daniel's at the start of each beer, and that shit has an insane amount of calories. I just drink light beer cuz I always have I guess. Sometimes when I travel outside my comfort zone on weird beers, my ass will make me aware of it the next day. 

But you're right- light beer is a weird thing. We Americans like a good contradiction I guess...

Oh so its a calories thing?  I thought it meant less alcohol.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Oh so its a calories thing?  I thought it meant less alcohol.  

No sir- strictly calories here. But our domestic beer is all pretty much water compared to the Canadian or especially true European stuff. Many states don't allow more than 5% abv. Really about 6.5% is the most common. You guys have much much better beer than us. 

It's all for the good of the children, ya know? :lol:

• Like 1

Lol about non-alcoholic beers. The company I worked for had their yearly employee picnic and decided not to risk anyone leaving drunk. So they made me go to the store that morning and purchase about 300 nonalcoholic beers for the picnic, which was an entire shopping cart full...the guy bagging at the counter was joking about what an unlively party it was going to be. :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

27 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

idk if it still exists but there used to be a lite vodka with less calories and less alcohol. i never tried it but saw it in the market next to the REAL vodka ;)

Thats disgraceful, no wonder Americas goin' down the tubes!  Look what you've done to John Waynes country, Robert Mitchums country, Lee Marvins country!  Where portions are large, where a single is a double, where the cars are as huge as the roads and birds are blonde and keen and have massive tits! :lol:  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Thats disgraceful, no wonder Americas goin' down the tubes!  Look what you've done to John Waynes country, Robert Mitchums country, Lee Marvins country!  Where portions are large, where a single is a double, where the cars are as huge as the roads and birds are blonde and keen and have massive tits! :lol:  

some of us are redheads...js :P

but yeah i think it was like 40 proof instead of 80 :lol:

9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I think it would've been rather witty of her to put Pauls name to the sausages :lol:  How she managed to turn a working class Scousers from the 1950s into a vegetarian I'll never know, I bet he sneaks in the odd bacon butty when no ones lookin'.

Its better than life, it condenses all the good bits into a single experience and amplifies them.

Every sips another chance. Let's get a taco. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I've found in hot countries or humidity a light beer is good. Also if you are drinking all day like outdoors on a boat a 3.6% beer is alright. The light ones don't weigh you down so you can do shots with them. But really why not just a pint of vodka? I suppose drinking is not the focal point of a picnic or party or dinner. Basically theres no excuse not get Special Brew every time. 

1 hour ago, Silverburst80 said:

Poker night tonight with the boys, gonna get myself some Sailor Jerry's spiced rum (mixed with dry ginger ale) and try and win some money off my stupid friends.

Haha, I just bought this rum because I liked the hula girl on it :lol: I haven't opened it yet, so it's good then?

55 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Haha, I just bought this rum because I liked the hula girl on it :lol: I haven't opened it yet, so it's good then?

Yeah it's really nice with some ice/ginger ale/lime. My sisters boyfriend turned me onto it about 2 years ago and i was hooked, pretty much with anyone i've ever given it to i'll find they'll be drinking it next time i see them haha.

Edited by Silverburst80

2 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Yeah it's really nice with some ice/ginger ale/lime. My sisters boyfriend turned me onto it about 2 years ago and i was hooked, pretty much which anyone i've ever given it too i'll find they'll be drinking it next time i see them haha.

I'll try this, thank you.