The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

26 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Isn't that generally because the method used to break the azeotrope involves adding impurities? You could do it via a pressure swing distillation and the only impurity would be water. Problem is that it costs a fucktonne more to do it that way. :lol:

Yes. But I'm counting water as an impurity as well.

19 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

Fuckin nerds :max:

:P

i always wondered why people would add water to certain drinks...thanks for clearing that up! i always heard bourbon and branch and wondered WTF branch was ( people on the TV show Dallas were always drinking it :P) i was disappointed when it turned out to be water :lol:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

37 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

I have a bottle of absolute ethanol in the lab and now I'm tempted to run a mass spec on it just cuz... It's an old bottle though so it's probably contaminated with a shit load of chemicals. And ordering a new one is a pain in the arse.

Aw just do it. :D 

8 hours ago, Dan H. said:

http://www.avclub.com/article/thank-fuck-someone-made-better-shower-beer-248275

Sweden perfected the shower beer. 6oz bottle makes it easier to finish before the hot water runs out, but the beer has 10% ABV so it packs the same punch as a full sizer.

Oh, its also designed to be a conditioner, and no thats not a joke. Pour a splash of that boy in your hair to have it looking smooth and healthy :lol:

Glad I'm not the only one to indulge in shower beers here.

10 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Sooo...can you buy and drink a 100% proof alcohol without dying or what. :lol: 

I'm pretty sure you can, I drank this Polish stuff called Spirityus thats 98% alcohol that said 192 proof on the bottle.  Though I must admit, like a sissy i had to use a mixer with it :lol:  I've had moonshine which is also over 100 proof and that i could even take neat shots of.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2017 at 7:24 AM, wasted said:

I like drinking beer in bed. I gave up smoking in bed after almost setting my ass on fire once. 

I nearly set fire to someones house like that.  True story.  I'm round my uncles right and they always kept my cousins room locked up but i wanted in there cuz the stereo was there, to listen to some music, so i go in right, stick some tunes on and chill out sitting on his bed smoking a fag.  Now at some point i knocked the cherry off the fag and it fell on his bed.  I thought I'd patted it out but apparently not.  In my defence he had about 4 or 5 of these blankets layered on his bed and apparently they were highly flammable.  Anyway i thought i had patted it out, must've been a slow smoulderer.  So when i was done i locked the doors and left, accidentally keeping the keys on me.  When i came back apparently there had been a fire, the bed had been roasted to shit and the wall it was leaning against was all charred and black.  I kinda fucked them up cuz by taking the keys with me they couldn't open the door and put it out so they had to chuck buckets of water through a window.  Needless to say my uncle was not best pleased :lol:

54 minutes ago, wasted said:

I did something stupider. I was cooking bacon and I took the bin out. Forgot it was self locking door. I tried to kick it down but some how broke my foot. So I was crawling down stairs to get them to call the fire brigade. The whole street was looking out the windows. There was all this black smoke pouring out of my window. The fire blokes kicked the door in then got to the cooker and there was 6 slices of burnt bacon. And that was it. So they left. False alarm. 

So you gave eating a miss that day? :lol:

16 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

So you gave eating a miss that day? :lol:

It was strange, I just put the black foil in the bin and just carried on. I called the landlord to tell he needed a new front door. He said I did the right thing. Another victory. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hadn't drank all week, and then drank last night as if I never took a break. Apparently it only takes 4 days for a tolerance to tank. My head feel no no today. Probably didn't help that I had 2 Ultimate Cheeseburgers from Jack in the Box before that.

5 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

Hadn't drank all week, and then drank last night as if I never took a break. Apparently it only takes 4 days for a tolerance to tank. My head feel no no today. Probably didn't help that I had 2 Ultimate Cheeseburgers from Jack in the Box before that.

Why would cheeseburgers be a problem? :lol:

10 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

Because no one has ever, after eating 2 Ultimate Cheeseburgers from Jack in the Box, said, "I feel better after doing that." Pour poison into yourself in addition, you feel no no.

Well, I'd say you're goddamn lucky that you only report your head to "feel no no today". :lol: I'd mix up a Bloody Mary and say a toast to the colon gods...