The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

Theres way too many fuckin bipolars knockin about these days, i reckon they make it up.

Another interesting thing is people complain that docs are over medicating our youth. But have you ever spent time with the 18-28 year old crowd? 83% of them claim to suffer from anxiety and depression.

Exactly, depression is like a crippling thing, it's not 'occasionally i feel down', it's something that follows you around in everything you do, not feeling slightly fed up every once in a while :lol:

I had an emotion that slightly altered my mood once. So I asked my doctor about prescription Alcohol.

I am my doctor by the way.

Ok Chris, here's what we did:

He already had a suit. I made my own dress. I had one bridesmaid who I bought shoes, dress and flowed for. I paid for my hair done (£30) but did my own makeup. The best man bought his own suit. The bridesmaid and spent the night before in a Premier Inn (£30). The cake was a basic M&S one, paid for by my grandma. (£70). I decorated if with ribbons. The flowers (2 bouquets, 4 buttonholes came to £90. The church cost £250. The reception was just under £2k to feed 40 people Chapagne Afternoon Teas. The band there was £350. The evening do which was a room in a bar came to under £200 to feed 18 people a finger buffet, room hire and buy everyone a mug of mulled wine. Honeymoon was a week in a cottage in Cumbria, think that was around £300. Got the train there which was £50 for us both. My ring was inherited, his was around £50. My friend's mum decked out her peoplr carrier and drove me to the church in that. Invitation, order of service and thank you card printing came to around £100, though I did the design myself. Photographer was a friend and we agreed on £175 to ensure that at least all his expenses were covered. We only got 30 photos from him in the end and didn't ask for anything special since we knew that we were being cheap.

We didn't have a disco, massive flower arrangements, we didn't stay in a hotel on our wedding night. My hen do was just a dinner with friends.

All in all, it probably came to £3k, and my dad paid for the reception food and drink. Husband and I paid for everything else.

It was a cheap wedding, arranged in 4 months. I only wish we could have had a more 'trip of a lifetime' honeymoon, as I really get jealous of people who go to Barbados or wherever.

At the time we were not well off at all, and just paid for stuff as we went along. We didn't get a loan or credit cards. But our wedding might have been too "cheap" by other people's standards.

Well done you two! :heart:

Fortunately my parents are helping out with quite a lot, but as his parents aren't contributing anything at all we're having to cover a fair amount of the costs ourselves. Weddings be expensive :facepalm:

Getting married is the key thing. The special part. The only thing that really matters.

The huge production and expense - let's be honest, that's just a thing for the girls to show off to their friends.

Spending 20 grand on a wedding doesn't mean the bride and groom love each other more than a cheaper wedding. Or that their marriage is any more special than people who just elope or go to the courthouse.

• Like 1

The wife and I sold two classic cars and did it in the U.S. in a city hundreds of miles from her home state so there wasn't a huge guest list. We got married in the street so no fee for a venue and didn't have a reception as such. Instead we all just went to a bar and everybody covered their own expenses mostly. We did pick up the tab for dinner and my parents' flights and hotels though.

Edited by Dazey

We're on a "romantic" mini break in Durham right now (hence why I'm posting on here). My husband's a gamer. We stumbled across this gaming/comic book cafe and I had a shot at Super Mario 64. He actually admitted that he fancies me more when I was gaming. Anything to keep the love alive, I suppose!

• Like 1

I remember my first Mario 64 experience. It was March 1st 1997, I was a 17 year old virgin and I would've happily set it on fire, stamped on the console and pissed the fire out if I could've had some boob instead. :lol:

Edit: I finally got laid later that year and in hindsight I'd take Mario over that monstrosity any day of the week. :lol:

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 2

I remember my first Mario 64 experience. It was March 1st 1997, I was a 17 year old virgin and I would've happily set it on fire, stamped on the console and pissed the fire out if I could've had some boob instead. :lol:

Edit: I finally got laid later that year and in hindsight I'd take Mario over that monstrosity any day of the week. :lol:

He wasn't gentle or caring of your needs?
  • Like 1

:

And now you have boobs of your own eh? :lol:

Unless you're referring to his missus' boobs... I was actually just thinking how much slimmer Chris appears in that picture with his daughter.

It is only from the shoulders up though. :P

:

And now you have boobs of your own eh? :lol:
Unless you're referring to his missus' boobs... I was actually just thinking how much slimmer Chris appears in that picture with his daughter.

It is only from the shoulders up though. :P

And theres a reason for that, namely that hes got a pair of bristols like Jayne Mansfield :lol:

Yes, but its the ultimate pissing contest for girls and a chance to be judgenebtal and bitchy behind their backs.

Quite why I do not know as if you've been invited you should be a friend, but hey that's weddings.

Your first comment is exactly right.

Dazey's wife sounds awesome. Celebrate getting married! Those women that need huge weddings that costs tens of thousands of dollars.......it's just a "look at me, Iook how special I am" moment.

I'm in the slightly unusual situation where my fiance wanted to get married more than I do, yet is surprised that I'm not okay with having to plan everything, he expected that all girls have this sussed from childhood so why would he need to get involved? :huh:

*puts his patronising pants on*

Dont be such a mixer all the time young lady, relationships are about compromise and understanding :D

I'm in the slightly unusual situation where my fiance wanted to get married more than I do, yet is surprised that I'm not okay with having to plan everything, he expected that all girls have this sussed from childhood so why would he need to get involved? :huh:

*puts his patronising pants on*

Dont be such a mixer all the time young lady, relationships are about compromise and understanding :D

Yes so he should compromise in assisting me with planning the 100+ guest event I've apparently been saddled with -_-

Honestly, I'd want to be the one that really plans my wedding. I'm really not a control freak or anything, but I don't want or need anyone else involved besides my significant other.

Will report back in the far future whenever I have the chance to put that to the test :lol:

We can achieve this, together.

Why does anyone choose to have a baby?

Tonight I learned that during labour, they cut the area between your Mrs. Foofy and your bum hole.

On top of all the other gross situations involving bodily fluids, sweating and getting fat (as well as a baby passing through Mrs. Foofy). Surely people are aware of this before they decide to stop contracepting?

Then it's having a screaming, money-sucking baby causing sleepless nights. I'm genuinely interested to hear from parents what makes all of it worthwhile?

Edited by Gracii Guns

Why does anyone choose to have a baby?

Tonight I learned that during labour, they cut the area between your Mrs. Foofy and your bum hole.

On top of all the other gross situations involving bodily fluids, sweating and getting fat (as well as a baby passing through Mrs. Foofy). Surely people are aware of this before they decide to stop contracepting?

Then it's having a screaming, money-sucking baby causing sleepless nights. I'm genuinely interested to hear from parents what makes all of it worthwhile?

Urgh, everything about pregnancy and childbirth is just full of NO :scared:

Y'know what i love about this place? The lack of cynicism. All of us bounding around, heads full of airy notions of romance and idealism, it really is a breath of fresh air after the 9 to 5 grind :lol:

When I was like that I got shit for it, when I wasn't like that, I got shit for it!

You're a Chelsea supporter, everything you do comes off more or less insincere :D