The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

the last week i was talking to someone. and things were developing. and they wanted to see me and go on a date. so i did. tonight. went to a movie, dinner. standard. she was very flirty as was i entire evening, laughing, fliryty etc. she had talked about spending the night and expressed a desire to, so after the movie we bought a board game (her idea was to play a board game til we got tired, then snuggle, let the night ensue) so we came home. made out in the elevator. came into my house and then she sat there and began getting beet red in the face, looking all around my room and she looked like she was going to cry. said she felt she needed to go home. tears in her eyes. i asked what, what's wrong she said nothing was wrong. i pressed and she told me she is "fucked up", it didn't "feel right", she didn't feel butterflies. "but i like you" and then i said there's more to it than that if you're crying, i would think. "if i tell you you'll just judge me like everyone else". i told her no, i wouldn't, that she didn't seem to me like damaged goods. she gave me a cynical laugh, as if i should think she was. she said she has a friend who lives with her back home (she is from cali, going to school here); a male friend. i knew that already. what she didn't tell me was he is her ex fiancee. she was with him since she was 14. he manipulated her into feeling she loved him, having been the first guy to notice her and be nice; her dad calls her fat etc. and she said she loved him too because at 14 she didn't understnd love. a lot happened. she cheated on him a lot, and every time she did something or want to leave, he would threaten or attempt suicide. he lives in her house because otherwise he'd be homeless. but she says she's always felt the need to get attention and has been lately using sex to get it. the other day, while talking to me still, went over to an old fuck budy's house, spent the night and then the next day he told her she could leave, he was going to be busy for the day. and she said she wanted to be alone tonight. that she didn't feel butterflies, but liked me a lot. that her ex she loves as a person but isn't attracted to. and said she feels she is fucked up and damaged goods and doesn't deserve a good relationship. we saw the movie boy next store, about this guy who becomes sickly obsessed with this girl. and she said a part of her wishes she had a relationship like that. because she'd feel like she meant something.

This was a girl who seemed pretty fucking normal. Taking government in college, talking politics like a wiz, wanting to become a judge, a staunch Tea Party Republican Italian girl from San Jose, dorming out here for college. We literally talked about everything from politics to music to anything you could pretty much think of, and outside of the self esteem issues most women seem to have ("I need to lose weight") she seemed fine. Son of a bitch.

the last week i was talking to someone. and things were developing. and they wanted to see me and go on a date. so i did. tonight. went to a movie, dinner. standard. she was very flirty as was i entire evening, laughing, fliryty etc. she had talked about spending the night and expressed a desire to, so after the movie we bought a board game (her idea was to play a board game til we got tired, then snuggle, let the night ensue) so we came home. made out in the elevator. came into my house and then she sat there and began getting beet red in the face, looking all around my room and she looked like she was going to cry. said she felt she needed to go home. tears in her eyes. i asked what, what's wrong she said nothing was wrong. i pressed and she told me she is "fucked up", it didn't "feel right", she didn't feel butterflies. "but i like you" and then i said there's more to it than that if you're crying, i would think. "if i tell you you'll just judge me like everyone else". i told her no, i wouldn't, that she didn't seem to me like damaged goods. she gave me a cynical laugh, as if i should think she was. she said she has a friend who lives with her back home (she is from cali, going to school here); a male friend. i knew that already. what she didn't tell me was he is her ex fiancee. she was with him since she was 14. he manipulated her into feeling she loved him, having been the first guy to notice her and be nice; her dad calls her fat etc. and she said she loved him too because at 14 she didn't understnd love. a lot happened. she cheated on him a lot, and every time she did something or want to leave, he would threaten or attempt suicide. he lives in her house because otherwise he'd be homeless. but she says she's always felt the need to get attention and has been lately using sex to get it. the other day, while talking to me still, went over to an old fuck budy's house, spent the night and then the next day he told her she could leave, he was going to be busy for the day. and she said she wanted to be alone tonight. that she didn't feel butterflies, but liked me a lot. that her ex she loves as a person but isn't attracted to. and said she feels she is fucked up and damaged goods and doesn't deserve a good relationship. we saw the movie boy next store, about this guy who becomes sickly obsessed with this girl. and she said a part of her wishes she had a relationship like that. because she'd feel like she meant something.

This was a girl who seemed pretty fucking normal. Taking government in college, talking politics like a wiz, wanting to become a judge, a staunch Tea Party Republican Italian girl from San Jose, dorming out here for college. We literally talked about everything from politics to music to anything you could pretty much think of, and outside of the self esteem issues most women seem to have ("I need to lose weight") she seemed fine. Son of a bitch.

She sounds perfect for you

No, not really. Feeling pretty mind fucked. If she'd said something "I just don't feel it", that would've been fine.

But to have two girls with ex issues reject me in a single month's span? What are the galactic, cosmic odds?

:(

You obviously are drawn towards unstable women.

What happened to the guy who last week said he was going to stop dating and focus on fixing himself?

Omg these comments. Guys, stop making me laugh

Im enjoyong being on my own, try it miser, its a blast

Im always glad when someone doesnt seem to fear to be alone. Bothers me so much when people , can never be ok by themselves, and need to be looking for someone all the time. Being alone for some time doesnt kill you people :P

• Like 1

Im always glad when someone doesnt seem to fear to be alone. Bothers me so much when people , can never be ok by themselves, and need to be looking for someone all the time. Being alone for some time doesnt kill you people :P

Unless it does.

People who can't handle being single annoy the fuck out of me. I don't know if it's because I've spent most of my life totally on my own, but when someone comes out of a long term relationship, moans about it like it's the apocalypse for a couple of weeks and then is miraculously wrapped up in another relationship, my instinctive emotional response is generally not a positive one.

It's like "Where the fuck do you FIND these people? I can't even find ONE person willing to give me a shot..."

• Like 2

People who can't handle being single annoy the fuck out of me. I don't know if it's because I've spent most of my life totally on my own, but when someone comes out of a long term relationship, moans about it like it's the apocalypse for a couple of weeks and then is miraculously wrapped up in another relationship, my instinctive emotional response is generally not a positive one.

It's like "Where the fuck do you FIND these people? I can't even find ONE person willing to give me a shot..."

Quality over quantity.

You don't want to "find" the girls that Miser is finding.

• Like 1

I mean don't get me wrong, I have the occasional fear like "oh shit, I ain't ever gonna find anyone". But, that's ok! I am still getting over a 4 year relationship that she ended like a bitch :lol:

So that occasional fear is warranted I think. Overall, I am quite liking life and the outlook towards the future. I don't like my job or where I live, but I like the fact that I am having fun and bettering myself, being "selfish", and planning my own future based on my own wants and goals. Its really neat being alone. When the time comes, I'll find somebody else!