The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

I'm really looking forward to my gym date tomorrow - she actually seems like a cool girl. Plus, she can bench more than most guys.

I must seem like an idiot now after the discussion about Tinder only being for sex. :lol:

Best of luck, Lith :)

• Like 1

Fitness is fine. But...

she can bench more than most guys

...means I'm out. I don't want people looking at my girl and thinking, "she looks strong." :lol:

Would it be more a matter of the contrast between the two of you than the contrast between her and other women?

Serious question? :lol: It's that I'd feel like I was hooking up with a dude.

@ARQ:

Strong legs and strong chest//arms are very different things, and they show in very different ways on a woman's body. I'd say no way the girl in that pic benches more than most guys.

What's the number we're talking about anyway? What are we saying most guys can bench?

Edited by magisme

Lithium.. were you into fitness chicks as much before you started lifting or did it come with that? I've kinda noticed guys who lift seem to be more into fitness chicks..

No, I used to dislike that defined fitness look on girls, but now I really like girls who lift. However, there's certainly a limit to how muscular they can be.

What's the number we're talking about anyway? What are we saying most guys can bench?

She benches like 140, which is more than what I see most guys at the gym start out with.

Would it be more a matter of the contrast between the two of you than the contrast between her and other women?

Serious question? :lol: It's that I'd feel like I was hooking up with a dude.

It was, more or less :lol:, for this reason though;

Lithium.. were you into fitness chicks as much before you started lifting or did it come with that? I've kinda noticed guys who lift seem to be more into fitness chicks..

No, I used to dislike that defined fitness look on girls, but now I really like girls who lift. However, there's certainly a limit to how muscular they can be.

I've noticed that with many guys who started lifting.. I guess what we are attracted to change as we transform ourselves. It's interesting really. The same way as girls tend to get into more feminine guys when they're on the pill according to some studies!

The rule of thumb is that she's allowed to bench no more than half as much as you.

You bench more than 140 fucking kilos?? :oB-)

I've noticed that with many guys who started lifting.. I guess what we are attracted to change as we transform ourselves. It's interesting really. The same way as girls tend to get into more feminine guys when they're on the pill according to some studies!

I really admire everyone with the dedication and work ethic that it takes to build a good-looking body.

120, still impressive man!

More like 140, actually, so she still has some leeway :)

• Like 1

I really admire everyone with the dedication and work ethic that it takes to build a good-looking body.

That's the psychological part of it which is pretty simple, we tend appreciate things we like about others. But the fact that you find them more physically attractive now, probably without conscious thought (?). I think there's something more to that.

Maybe I'm simply attracted to the physical manifestation of a personality trait. All I know is that I like dat squat booty.

Possible and logical too, although a bit complex to become an "automatic" aspect of physical attraction.. the way it changed for you. If you look at pics of girls with different builds like 1 second each, choose which types you like and it's completely different than it was before you started lifting, where you'd start to choose more towards the direction of well built types it's almost as if something's physically changed in your brain. It could even make sense in a way thinking about it in the frames of evolutionary biology.. or well maybe in epigenetics :shrugs:.

Edited by Is0tope