The love/sex/relationship thread

Lithium

besides for the whole penis thing and exchanging bodily fluids, sometimes I think the gays have it right.......

I think "the gays" are probably about as romantically competent on the whole as "the straights" and "the bis", pal...

Its not that, women, just drive me crazy.... you dont ask them if they want food, they get mad, you ask them if they want anything and they say no anyways.... All these little mind games.

Guys are ass holes too though, it goes both ways.

Edited by GUNSNROSES513

Silly question:

Just went out with this girl and it was really nice. When should I ask her out again? Should I wait at least one day?

Apparently waiting for a bit is the thing to do... I don't exactly know why, but in my limited experience, asking out again straight away is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit. I found this out the hard way, and was rather baffled as to why my enthusiasm at the furthering of our fledgling relationship was such a turn off.

Feigned disinterest on the other hand, seems to be viewed as an effective aphrodisiac. I think I'm too empathetic for my own good, I applied the "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" ethic to dating, and if a girl acted like she had better things to do towards me, I'd be like "well, screw this then..." I just kinda assumed that it would work the same in reverse, but apparently not.

• Like 1

besides for the whole penis thing and exchanging bodily fluids, sometimes I think the gays have it right.......

I think "the gays" are probably about as romantically competent on the whole as "the straights" and "the bis", pal...
With the added bonus that at least you can punch your other half in the head when they're being a dick.
  • Like 1

I'm not considering these things, it's too early for this, but I just wanted to know opinions

.What's the minimum time in a relationship before you would bring up moving in together, and then to actually do it?

Would you even consider it if you weren't engaged?

I've got a few friends who have gotten engaged but not moved in together yet, and it just seems a bit odd to me that you would start towards a life commitment without knowing if you could live together?

So, this is from 2 months ago. I've been in this relationship for 3 months now and in a semi relationship state for 4 months. My earlier comment about my friends now applies to me.

It's been brought up as joking/semi serious comments, but now it's real and we had the serious chat wouod we like to move in together. I've ruled out the next 3 months, and that's agreed as best option.

I did not see this moving along so quickly, I thought we would discuss moving in together at some point in summer, but here we are!

The only concern we both have is that from the outside we look like one of those couples who rushes into something, but we are thinking so logically.

So you're getting engaged, is that what you mean? Or moving in together?

There's no fixed timeline, of course, but personally, I would never get engaged before moving in together. Honestly, I don't see the point. Why should you? And I am happily married myself, but I don't see the rush.

My husband moved into my flat from day one, so I see no problems at all with moving in together fast.

With the added bonus that at least you can punch your other half in the head when they're being a dick.

yep, didn't even think of that..

I have a question for the guys of the forum.

Is it normal to lose interest in girls after you've had sex with them? I feel this way with the girls I've been with in my life. It's like something changes after sex and I don't feel like being around them anymore.

Yeah, in most instances actually, until you find your *DUN DUNNAH DUN DUN DAHH* 'one' :lol: And especially if you were more of the enjoy your own company variety to begin with.

In fact i respect ya for it, better than those guys that cling to the first bit of trim to give them a play like some people on this forum who shall remain nameless Miser.

I'm not considering these things, it's too early for this, but I just wanted to know opinions

.What's the minimum time in a relationship before you would bring up moving in together, and then to actually do it?

Would you even consider it if you weren't engaged?

I've got a few friends who have gotten engaged but not moved in together yet, and it just seems a bit odd to me that you would start towards a life commitment without knowing if you could live together?

So, this is from 2 months ago. I've been in this relationship for 3 months now and in a semi relationship state for 4 months. My earlier comment about my friends now applies to me.

It's been brought up as joking/semi serious comments, but now it's real and we had the serious chat wouod we like to move in together. I've ruled out the next 3 months, and that's agreed as best option.

I did not see this moving along so quickly, I thought we would discuss moving in together at some point in summer, but here we are!

The only concern we both have is that from the outside we look like one of those couples who rushes into something, but we are thinking so logically.

So you're getting engaged, is that what you mean? Or moving in together?

There's no fixed timeline, of course, but personally, I would never get engaged before moving in together. Honestly, I don't see the point. Why should you? And I am happily married myself, but I don't see the rush.

My husband moved into my flat from day one, so I see no problems at all with moving in together fast.

Not getting engaged, just the moving in together part!

It would be absurd to get engaged right now, but we are going to move in together later summer or autumn.

And there you was frettin' a couple of weeks ago! All came out in the wash though eh? :)

Its not that, women, just drive me crazy.... you dont ask them if they want food, they get mad, you ask them if they want anything and they say no anyways.... All these little mind games.

I've always wondered why people who complain about women/men being so horrible like this and that always date the same kind of people.. I mean actually I'm not wondering why, it's known that we're psychologically wired to get attracted to certain types and sometimes the types aren't that ideal for us.

To everyone with these kind of issues, I'm sure there's a way to break this spell.. Try to date someone without such traits..

Or just don't stand to any shit that annoys you from right from the beginning. You're human beings and you deserved to be treated as such. It's kinda easy actually; just make clear from the beginning what you're not up for. Set up some standards.

I've always wondered why people who complain about women/men being so horrible like this and that always date the same kind of people.. I mean actually I'm not wondering why, it's known that we're psychologically wired to get attracted to certain types and sometimes the types aren't that ideal for us.

To everyone with these kind of issues, I'm sure there's a way to break this spell.. Try to date someone without such traits..

Or just don't stand to any shit that annoys you from right from the beginning. You're human beings and you deserved to be treated as such. It's kinda easy actually; just make clear from the beginning what you're not up for. Set up some standards.

Will you go out with me Isotope? I promise I'll get you home by 11pm and I won't try to unbutton your blouse :D

Is it normal to lose interest in girls after you've had sex with them? I feel this way with the girls I've been with in my life. It's like something changes after sex and I don't feel like being around them anymore.

I have a very hard time remaining attracted to a woman if I've been sleeping with her on the reg for more than a month or so.

I have a very hard time remaining attracted to a woman if I've been sleeping with her on the reg for more than a month or so.

You wouldn't be Dirt McGirt if you didn't :lol: